Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
LOL!

If Paw Rex wants to successfully refute Catholicism, he will have to try better than that type of chaotic bloviating! Obviously, he isn't using an ordered mind like St. Thomas Aquinas or Aristotle as his template for how to structure a reasoned argument.
I had one semester of radio wave communications. And for six months, I had to deal with the distortion and its rough oscilloscope waveform display.

Rex just time travelled me back to August 2000 or so

Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Probably not. The Vatican has always been held in high regard by western nations. Should the Vatican have taken a position against the Holocaust (murder of 6 million Jews), it is doubtful if Hitler could have succeeded in leading the German people to commit those atrocitites. Similarly, if the Vatican had taken a stance against the march of fascism, much WWII death and damage would have been averted. Surprisingly, the Vatican chose to side with the fascists for two reasons: 1) The fascists were enemies of the communist (Soviet) regimes. The Vatican considered this good because the communists were (are) athiests. and 2) The Vatican has always been a nation first and the leader of a major world religion second. As such, the Vatican feared for its survival if it had not sided with the Nazis. Seemingly, the Vatican knows who butters its bread, and that does not mean God. Seemingly, the Vatican thinks it is far better to serve the constructs of mankind than seek to support a rightious and moral God.
dcashley, this is a good post. I think you hit the nail on it head, and I couldn’t agree with you more. These are the factors which tie Pius XII to Hitler, and by not standing against Hitler actually endorsed his actions. Additional the atrocities the catholic church inflicted on the Jewish population for the last 2000 years, and specifically in countries with catholic majorities inflected continual criminal acts against members of the Hebrew faith, tell me it was part of their game plan.
Their goal has always been to control as a political entity, not lead as a religion. It is looking like their ability to continue this fraud is drawing to an end, and it is only 2000 years overdue.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
It is looking like their ability to continue this fraud is drawing to an end, and it is only 2000 years overdue.
How did you come to this conclusion--if true.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
How did you come to this conclusion--if true.
Ever heard of utopia?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ever heard of utopia?

...and your point is????

Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Quote:
...and your point is????
His hope is the trend of a dying catholic church in Europe, Great Britain, and now Ireland is not going to spread to the US. The issue in Europe and England is what to do with closed churches that are in such disrepair as to no longer be safe. I suggest bars and jazz clubs, old churches have great acoustics. The only strong areas of growth for the catholic church is in third world countries and even there mostly among the uneducated. I think the trend in my life time will move them to the end of their importance.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
His hope is the trend of a dying catholic church in Europe, Great Britain, and now Ireland is not going to spread to the US. The issue in Europe and England is what to do with closed churches that are in such disrepair as to no longer be safe. I suggest bars and jazz clubs, old churches have great acoustics. The only strong areas of growth for the catholic church is in third world countries and even there mostly among the uneducated. I think the trend in my life time will move them to the end of their importance.
Gosh that would be nice. It would be even nicer if they truly became the spiritual leaders that they have claimed to be over the centuries. I am not a Christian, nor any other religion. I am Jewish by heritage, but I don't practice it. The reason I am saying that it would be nice if the Catholic Church became the spiritual leaders that they've claime to be for so long is because I think the world could really use a moral compass. Not some sort of dufuss saying to the people dying of AIDS in Africa to not use condoms, but a true, meaningful, and loving moral compass.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
...and your point is????
There's a whole new generation of disgruntled folks like our professional here, who've dedicated their lifetime to a wishful thinking of a world where the destruction of Catholicism is total.

It's not happening any time soon. Disappointment is all that's in store for a lifetime of hate

Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
There's a whole new generation of disgruntled folks like our professional here, who've dedicated their lifetime to a wishful thinking of a world where the destruction of Catholicism is total.

It's not happening any time soon. Disappointment is all that's in store for a lifetime of hate
I don't think all of it is hate. I think a lot of it is disappointment of what should have been, coupled with a lot of personal hurt which resulted in a lot of anger.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,281 times
Quote:

All the gloating here from these Exceptional Americans about the imminent demise of the Roman Catholic Church reminds me of a story about Napoleon who, as his armies were swallowing up the countries of Europe, is reported to have said to Church officials, "I will destroy your Church." Informed of the emperor's words, Ercole Cardinal Consalvi, one of the great statesmen of the papal court, replied, "He will never succeed. We have not managed to do it ourselves!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality