Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 PM

366 posts, read 388,233 times

Advertisements

Oh for crying out loud.

Quote:
Read it and weep, cause if you don't get it after this you're going to hell.
All I can do is shake my head.

How are you who decides who is and isn't "going to hell"?

Doesn't your Bible make it clear that that is up to God, and not up to you?

Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,029,629 times
Northsouth, I think you are the one who needs to spend more time reading and studying the scriptures and becoming better acquainted with the religion you profess before making broadcast proclamations about who and who is not going to hell. I also think you should be more humble in recognizing that you too are a sinner and you need God's grace, mercy, love and forgiveness as much as everyone else--even if you are a believer.

Here are some scriptures you might consider revisiting and seriously thinking about:

Matthew 7:1-5

1 Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37

37 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think this last scripture is the most sobering for people who profess to be Christians and who self righteously dish out judgement and damnation on other people. Your own fate is very much in question.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,810,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Northsouth, I think you are the one who needs to spend more time reading and studying the scriptures and becoming better acquainted with the religion you profess before making broadcast proclamations about who and who is not going to hell. I also think you should be more humble in recognizing that you too are a sinner and you need God's grace, mercy, love and forgiveness as much as everyone else--even if you are a believer.

Here are some scriptures you might consider revisiting and seriously thinking about:

Matthew 7:1-5

1 Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37

37 Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think this last scripture is the most sobering for people who profess to be Christians and who self righteously dish out judgement and damnation on other people. Your own fate is very much in question.
I am so tired of repeating myself. Okay, one more time. READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!! And this goes for you too, Rainy. But you didn't make me half as sick as the real whatever's post! Must be a mormon. My fate is sealed, not in question. Glory bound, my friend! But I still have to work while I'm here on earth, so TTFN!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 PM

I asked a sincere question. Didn't mean to make you sick; you should perhaps lie down in a darkened room with a cold wash cloth on your forehead. No, I'm not a Mormon.

Why did Angelwhatever's post make you sicker than mine did? Was it the Bible verses that person quoted...this one in particular?

Quote:
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,429,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
But I still have to work while I'm here on earth, so TTFN!
What does TTFN mean??

Old 04-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Maybe it means "I have no answer but you make me sick and therefore are going to hell, so ta ta for now".

Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,429,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
Maybe it means "I have no answer but you make me sick and therefore are going to hell, so ta ta for now".
Hey Rainy, I'm a Christian and you don't make me sick

Old 04-22-2007, 06:58 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,029,629 times
Quote:
I am so tired of repeating myself. Okay, one more time. READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!! And this goes for you too, Rainy. But you didn't make me half as sick as the real whatever's post! Must be a mormon.

No, not a Morman, but I'm curious to know what is it about those scriptures that makes you sick?

Last edited by TheRealAngelion; 04-22-2007 at 07:13 PM..

Old 04-22-2007, 07:43 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,485,027 times
All that TTFN means is "Ta ta for now."

Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,147,843 times
Quote:
But you didn't make me half as sick as the real whatever's post! Must be a mormon.
There you go judging again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.