Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:07 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Oh well. Honestly....I don't much care what you do in the privacy of your home. Just don't ask me to endorse it by special rights.
What 'special rights' would those be? Because, last time I checked, they weren't asking for any.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:35 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,073,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
What 'special rights' would those be? Because, last time I checked, they weren't asking for any.
this thread has gone on about 47 pages too long.

Let's just not go back there on it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

My beef is with the OP that seems to think that we disagree with homosexuality because *gasp* our churches tell us to. As if we're some weak-minded lemmings.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,580,478 times
Quote:
this thread has gone on about 47 pages too long.

Let's just not go back there on it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

My beef is with the OP that seems to think that we disagree with homosexuality because *gasp* our churches tell us to. As if we're some weak-minded lemmings.
You are right Kbrich,I didn't need the church to tell me homosexuality is wrong,it is an innate feeling being able to know right from wrong,just like heterosexuals having extra-marital affairs.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,073,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That IS the reason you think as you do, and you describe what you are almost perfectly, but I would add the words hateful and bigoted.

No.....I disagree with homosexuality because the Bible says it's wrong. Not just my church. I believe that God says it's an immoral thing, and that's good enough for me.

I've not said that gay people are less than human, or are horrible people, etc...heck...I don't even care what a gay person does in their home.

But seriously...if you want to be taken seriously, just drop the hate-speech bigotry rhetoric. Most of us just don't give a rip what gay people do in their homes.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,042,039 times
Quote:
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long.

We're "anti-gay" for the same reason we're "anti-murder" or "anti-alcoholic". It's immoral. That's the only thing we really need to say about it.
You say it is immoral, (along with a chemical dependancy) I do not. Because I do not believe in the Bible. I do not want laws predicated on that book of fantasies OR what you believe in!
Quote:
No.....I disagree with homosexuality because the Bible says it's wrong. Not just my church. I believe that God says it's an immoral thing, and that's good enough for me.

I've not said that gay people are less than human, or are horrible people, etc...heck...I don't even care what a gay person does in their home.

But seriously...if you want to be taken seriously, just drop the hate-speech bigotry rhetoric. Most of us just don't give a rip what gay people do in their homes.
They why not let them get married?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 PM

42 posts, read 231,176 times
Quote:

And I agree woth homosexuality because my common sense, my experience, my observations and my gut tells me that is how God intended it to be. (As it is in the animal kingdom and across ALL cultures throughout ALL of time).

And while I am at it, I believe people like you are doing the devil's work under the guise of morality--because comments like the ones you are broadcasting publicly on this very forum make good, kind, God-created people, like my brother, doubt their true selves....

And THAT is NOT good enough for me....and it won't be. Because unlike homosexuals expressing their LOVE, you are expressing intolerance. YOUR words, YOUR actions DO hurt others.

But no, you go right ahead and take the literal view of the Bible... After all (said in a sarcastic voice) we all know every single word has been transcribed perfectly across the ages and languages but the themse of love, tolerance and acceptance--found a lot more prevalently than the passages you people drape yourselves with--well THOSE must be *the mistakes*. And in case you are too literal to follow me, I am ROLLING MY EYES as I type this.

Like I said--I hope no one who loves you is gay.

Last edited by KikiMonster; 08-10-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,165,415 times
Quote:

Your bible is the foundation of your church. Without the bible, church and your god you would have to decide right from wrong all on your own. Personally I think you would be totally lost, so I think it best that people such as yourself stick to your religion. We can't have you wandering about not knowing good from evil.

Calling homosexuality an abomination is bigotry and calling you on it, is the truth, not hate speech.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,606 times
My gut tells me the God of the Bible is a made-up story by primitive men not to be taken seriously.

It's too bad for gays more people like me don't make the rules in this country (this country being the U.S.). They would have had their equal rights a long time ago.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 PM

42 posts, read 231,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Calling homosexuality an abomination is bigotry and calling you on it, is the truth, not hate speech.
Amen to that.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,165,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
My gut tells me the God of the Bible is a made-up story by primitive men not to be taken seriously.

It's too bad for gays more people like me don't make the rules in this country (this country being the U.S.). They would have had their equal rights a long time ago.
Oh it's coming. I'll bet that within ten years homosexuals in the US will finally have the same rights as everyone else, despite the bigotry of the religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality