Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,780 times

Advertisements

The Associated Press: Police look for mom, son who fled to avoid chemo
Quote:
Before she took off, Colleen Hauser told a judge that she wished to treat her son's cancer with natural healing methods advocated by an American Indian religious group known as the Nemenhah Band. But even that group's founder said Hauser made a mistake by running from the law.
Daniel has Hodgkins lymphoma, a highly curable form of cancer when treated with chemo and radiation. But the teen and his parents rejected chemo after a single treatment, with the boy's mother saying that putting toxic substances in the body violates the family's religious convictions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
As I said in an another thread: Maybe God can finally prove himself. Maybe he will come down and cure the boy because of the amazing faith they have in him!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Unfortunately, I think this is may to be another case of the, "God does answer prayers, but sometimes his answer is no."

Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
As I said in an another thread: Maybe God can finally prove himself. Maybe he will come down and cure the boy because of the amazing faith they have in him!

Once upon a time a Taoist monk in a monastery talked to the abbot. The abbot told the monk that "god is in all of us and everything is god" The monk jumped for joy at the revelation and danced out of the monastery. He pointed at trees saying "you are god!" He pointed at a bush and said "you are god and I am god!' he danced onto the street where an ox driver was driving his cart. "get out of the way!" the ox-driver on the wagon shouted. "no no sir" said the monk "the ox is god!" "look out!" screamed the ox driver. The ox pushed the monk into the mud, who had wounded pride, but was not hurt.
The monk walked back to the monastery sad and confused. "master" he said to the abbot "you said, god is in everything, but that ox, he pushed me into the mud. Why would god do a thing like that?" The abbot sighed and said "it is your fault, for not listening to the voice of god on top of that wagon telling you to get out of the way"

The doctors are god, and hence, it will indeed be god who heals the boy.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:12 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,392 times
The boy will be fine as long as he eats enough magical roots, and has unwavering faith. If he dies, it's his fault because he didn't pray hard enough to god.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
The boy will be fine as long as he eats enough magical roots, and has unwavering faith. If he dies, it's his fault because he didn't pray hard enough to god.
Maybe God will heal him. Maybe he won't. He made us all, he can make that choice. In any event, it's not about "praying hard enough", or eating magic roots.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
I see a future manslaughter case.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times
There is always two sides to every story. The mother is doing what SHE thinks is right for the boy and we are not to question that even if the court is stepping in. They don't know her story either. Until we hear otherwise, we should pray for this child. It's the only thing we can do. It's better than sitting around and watching from the sidelines and speculating that his mother is the bad guy in this.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
There is always two sides to every story. The mother is doing what SHE thinks is right for the boy and we are not to question that even if the court is stepping in. They don't know her story either. Until we hear otherwise, we should pray for this child. It's the only thing we can do. It's better than sitting around and watching from the sidelines and speculating that his mother is the bad guy in this.
When you're using your religion to make potentially dangerous decisions for people who aren't legally allowed to themselves, you are the bad guy.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM

If I saw her, I would punch her in the throat.

Because then she would think, "if God can't save me from getting punched in the throat, there's not much chance he can cure my kids cancer," then run and get him some chemo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality