Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:32 AM

57 posts, read 77,906 times

Advertisements

Matthew 10:34.
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth.
I did not come to bring peace but a sword!”

The angels sang at his arrival:
“Peace on earth and understanding among the humans!”
It was the greatest horror from heaven!
The reason Jesus brought a SWORD was that DYNAMITE was not yet discovered!
Wouldn't Jesus today exclaim :
“I come to bring a MACHINE GUN!!”

The implicit question is:
Was Jesus then the so-called "Prince of Peace", really?!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 AM

Let me ask again:
Was Jesus then the so-called "Prince of Peace" of Isaiah 9:6, really?!...
Tell me of a country where Christianity was a peaceful religion under that Prince.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio2 View Post
Let me ask again:
Was Jesus then the so-called "Prince of Peace" of Isaiah 9:6, really?!...
Tell me of a country where Christianity was a peaceful religion under that Prince.

tell me of a "country" where political agendas and economic conditions would prevent strife and warfare.

or a society organizing itself in accord with love, wisdom, justice and truth ...

peace, man, peace!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Jesus' mission on earth was to show men the Way to the Father's Love, and to declare to them the Great Gift of this Love, and also to break down and destroy the erroneous beliefs and ignorance that then existed among men as what was necessary, in order to seek for and obtain this Love of the Father and their own salvation. And so far as the truths, moral or spiritual, which Jesus taught, antagonized the false beliefs and practices of men, there was and necessarily would be a conflict in the thoughts and lives of those who followed Jesus and those who persisted in their existing beliefs. To this extent Jesus brought a sword into the world, but it was not the sword that called for bloodshed and murder and persecutions. It was the sword that pierced men's souls, where this great conflict should and must be fought to the end.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:

What do you think? Did he then go out and organize a rebellion? Did his followers try to overthrow the king?

If you read about 5 verses before....5 after you'll see that he was speaking more in the context of shaking up the religious establishment. A natural result of following him was that families would be divided.

No...Jesus did not come to "show us the way", or as "an example". Jesus came to die on a cross so that if we trust in his sacrifice as the payment of the penalty of our sins (and repent of our sin) we would be saved.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:

Well, Jesus is called the Prince of Peace but not the kind of peace that we know of.

I look at it this way, Jesus came to wreck and destroy enemies and to bring us back to peace with Himself by giving us the doorway back to the Father.

But Jesus came and turned everything upside down by just coming and walking on earth. So, Prince of Peace, is what He says that He is, but when we think about peace we thing about a sweet person who just wants everything to be peaceful and quiet.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace, but it all depends on what side you are on. When Jesus comes back it will be a great and terrible day. So, it will be great if you are on His side and a terrible day if you are an enemy. So, you choose your side and then you will understand peace or you can experience what it is like to be an enemy.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, Jesus is called the Prince of Peace but not the kind of peace that we know of.

I look at it this way, Jesus came to wreck and destroy enemies and to bring us back to peace with Himself by giving us the doorway back to the Father.

But Jesus came and turned everything upside down by just coming and walking on earth. So, Prince of Peace, is what He says that He is, but when we think about peace we thing about a sweet person who just wants everything to be peaceful and quiet.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace, but it all depends on what side you are on. When Jesus comes back it will be a great and terrible day. So, it will be great if you are on His side and a terrible day if you are an enemy. So, you choose your side and then you will understand peace or you can experience what it is like to be an enemy.
That's cheap jargon.
The truth is that it is now TWO THOUSAND YEARS of a failed faith!
He had the nerve to tell his disciples prior to disappear nobody knows where to, that he had just there received ALL POWER IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, Matthew 28:18, the biggest lie a christ ever told!
It is now TWO THOUSAND YEARS we have of church history to prove Jesus a liar and a failure [or at least those who choreographed the gospel]!
There was, certainly, a BETTER PLAN, but the choreographers were too amateurish.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
That's cheap jargon.
He had the nerve to tell his disciples prior to disappear nobody knows where to, that he had just there received ALL POWER IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, Matthew 28:18, the biggest lie a christ ever told!
It is now TWO THOUSAND YEARS we have of church history to prove Jesus a liar and a failure [or at least those who choreographed the gospel]!
There was, certainly, a BETTER PLAN, but the choreographers were too amateurish.
What's cheap jargon is someone who post bs post and then post bs comments to back up what they think that they know which is nothing.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
That's cheap jargon.
I really pity you. You have just bashed the creator of our universe. You might want to do a lot more research on Jesus and WHO He is. This was His final bestowal. He chose to come here to live as one of us before He was given full power over us and our universe. He is not God. He is a Creator Son.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I really pity you. You have just bashed the creator of our universe. You might want to do a lot more research on Jesus and WHO He is. This was His final bestowal. He chose to come here to live as one of us before He was given full power over us and our universe. He is not God. He is a Creator Son.
Jesus is not God?!!
Oh, so you are a JW.
Well, I actually AGREE with them on that score.
I agree with John 1:1 in the NWT, but I consider them a dangerous cult, taking advantage of the democratic peace to go around town subversively bashing democracy, and threatening that their Jehovah is going to incinerate the entire cosmos to make it new again!
It is a dangerous Jehovah, that god!
What on earth was wrong with the heavens, for heaven's sake so that he had to make new ones?!!...
If Jehovah is going to make new heavens, we on earth have nothing to do with it!!
So, Jehovah should leave us alone and go play his Almightiness somewhere else, I say!
A dangerous cult I insist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality