Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:28 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,446,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And how do you know for a fact that Hitler and those like him have not sought forgiveness? Did you ask them? Did God tell you? Do you communicate with them?
Hitler shot his brains out after taking syonide pills. It is written that Thou shalt not kill (this includes killing yourself). How much time do you think after the bullet ripped the back of his skull off do you think he had to say God forgive me. I believe that God is the righteous judge of all the world. We will all stand before him one day. But I think based on the circumstances that Hitler had little time to pray after he committed suicide.

I do not communicate with the dead.

God did not tell me (apart from knowing his word the bible).

This is what I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraysse View Post
Brother Nikk: You have not addressed any of my many points or questions. You have stated that I have an Evil Heart and have accused me of projecting my evil on you and also being a tool of Satan or at least using his methods. I have accepted your rebuke, but until you apologize for your slander of me, I see no reason to continue a discussion with you on this topic. Why would you want to discuss anything with me in the first place? For it is written, “what fellowship does righteousness have with unrighteousness and what communion has light with darkness”.

Grace & Peace, John
Jfraysee, I have not slandered you. You have to read what a person writes. I said that Satan twists the truth and I asked if you were willing to use his methods. I said that evil men can take the God of the OT and turn him into a hateful, genocidal, evil person. I never said you when I was talking about people who do this. If you identify with those people then, you will be grouped with those people and must be evil, if my statement is true.

You say there is no hell. Well there is a hell according to the bible. It is refered to as sheol, hades, gehenna. You say it is a burning dump. This is the physical reference of it. The dump outside of Jerusalem, did burn and stink. It is called the valley of Gehenna. Jesus says in Matthew 18:9: "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." he is not refering to a person being cast into the garbage dump, but into the eternal fires of hell after this life.

Mark says in Chapter nine: 43: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45: And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47: And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Jesus repeats this three times which means it is establish (For those who understand biblical priciples). In the physical garbage dump the worm dies, so this place Jesus is refering to is an eternal place of judgement. In the physical garbage dump the fire is quenched, so this place Jesus is refering to is an eternal place of judgement.

You say that the Great Commision is toxic, yet you reject that this is a core priciple of Christianity taught by Jesus Christ. See my post above which comments on this.

You say that there is no absolute truth, Yet Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me". Jesus is absolute truth.

To reject the OT like you have, you have to reject Jesus Christ. Since Jesus supports the OT, the creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, Righteous Abel, Zacharias, The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham, Noah, the flood, etc.... Futher Jesus on the road after his crucifiction with the two disciples expounded on the law and the prophet, all the scriptures concerning him. So, the OT/Torrah speaks of Jesus Christ.

But, you reject the OT, you reject the teachings of Jesus Christ. You accept only some feel good belief system. You beleive that the innerrant word of God is full of errors. Since you do not believe the bible, there is nothing to debate (you ideas are based on nothing substantial). You want to maybe prove how you know that the book of Mark is written 200 years after Christ based on the limited access to documentation that we have at this current time, and that appears to be it.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,035,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Hitler shot his brains out after taking syonide pills. It is written that Thou shalt not kill (this includes killing yourself). How much time do you think after the bullet ripped the back of his skull off do you think he had to say God forgive me. I believe that God is the righteous judge of all the world. We will all stand before him one day. But I think based on the circumstances that Hitler had little time to pray after he committed suicide.

I do not communicate with the dead.

God did not tell me (apart from knowing his word the bible).

This is what I think.
Whether you believe it or not, when you die and leave this world, you will go to the spirit world where you will continue being who you are with all of your thoughts and feelings. You don't go "to the right hand of God and be with Jesus" as biblers seem to think. You must be pure and Divine.
The right to forgiveness carries over to the spirit world. God forgives throughout all eternity and everyone is His child. No one is excluded based on this life on earth. We are a backwards planet and what we do here, gives up more freedom than most other planets that didn't go into rebellion with Lucifer. We are a very watched planet by those in other worlds and our own ancestors. They love us more than you can possibly imagine.

I do know for a fact, that Hitler took 20 years to enter into the Celestial Heavens. The same heaven where Jesus is Master. He's a little lower than Jesus but in the same Heaven. He had a lot of people that prayed for him and while he was in darkness, he forgave himself and was able to overcome everything he had done to everyone in his life here. I can't prove it because you do not have an open mind but it is true.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Whether you believe it or not, when you die and leave this world, you will go to the spirit world where you will continue being who you are with all of your thoughts and feelings. You don't go "to the right hand of God and be with Jesus" as biblers seem to think. You must be pure and Divine.
The right to forgiveness carries over to the spirit world. God forgives throughout all eternity and everyone is His child. No one is excluded based on this life on earth. We are a backwards planet and what we do here, gives up more freedom than most other planets that didn't go into rebellion with Lucifer. We are a very watched planet by those in other worlds and our own ancestors. They love us more than you can possibly imagine.

I do know for a fact, that Hitler took 20 years to enter into the Celestial Heavens. The same heaven where Jesus is Master. He's a little lower than Jesus but in the same Heaven. He had a lot of people that prayed for him and while he was in darkness, he forgave himself and was able to overcome everything he had done to everyone in his life here. I can't prove it because you do not have an open mind but it is true.
This is contrary to the bible. You must be talking about some New Age doctrine, where you chanel to know the spirit world (demonic world).

Hitler cannot be prayed into heaven, this is contrary to scripture.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
This is contrary to the bible. You must be talking about some New Age doctrine, where you chanel to know the spirit world (demonic world).

Hitler cannot be prayed into heaven, this is contrary to scripture.
That's pretty funny becasue Jesus, the apostles, His parents, anyone in your life who has died, are all in the spirit world (the demonic world).

Just because it isn't in the bible, does not mean it isn't true. There are things out there that will never be in the bible and yet they are more spiritual than your bible will ever be.

You sure have been brainwashed by all those believers in the bible and you take it literal. The bible says to test all spirits from the spirit world. So, no, it isn't against your bible scripture to pray for and talk to the spirits in the spirit world.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:20 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,532,418 times
Quote:
And how do you know for a fact that Hitler and those like him have not sought forgiveness? Did you ask them? Did God tell you? Do you communicate with them?

do you? i mean before tempting others to do so????

in case you want real answers to that i can tell you there are spirits lingering around no one should ever wish to meet again!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
do you? i mean before tempting others to do so????

in case you want real answers to that i can tell you there are spirits lingering around no one should ever wish to meet again!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure there are spirits like that. They are very dark spirits that have lived a terrible life on earth and have never been able to face their issues and have never been able to forgive themselves. Most of the ones in the darkest hells are the drug abusers who still crave those drugs. They can also look any way they want in order to scare the crap out of people because they hate themselves. I do know that there is a serial killer that is very famous that still haunts his home here in Indianapolis. I went on the haunted tour and I could really feel his energy and it isn't something I want to feel again.
My girlfriend had a very nasty spirit in her house. I blessed her house and saged it and it has never returned.

I have talked to spirits but they have all been celestials. I have never encountered an evil spirit personally.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM

134 posts, read 169,359 times
Brother Nikk: You did slander me and I did read what you wrote although some of your original posts about me have been apparently censored and were deleted. If your posts weren’t a personal attack, I wonder what happened to them?

But Let's recap:

Quote:
Instead Jfraysee has rejected the bible entirely
That’s simply not true, unless your definition of “entirely” is “some”.
Quote:
You are projecting your evil heart upon mine.
The “heart” is a biblical metaphor for the seat of one’s core values, desires and intentions. The “Heart” is where Jesus’ Spirit is supposed to live in Christians. Clearly, you are calling this part of me Evil! Further, the inference is that I have defiled your (pure?) heart just because I view and interpret the Bible differently than you.
Quote:
Are you saying you are aquainted with the methods of Satan and willing to use them to prove anything with the bible?
This is a leading and rhetorical question directed at me to which the answer is obviously, “Yes”! In context with your previous statements, this is tantamount to my working at the behest of Satan himself.

Nice!

And really, if you believe the "scriptures", why mess with me? "What fellowship does righteousness have with unrighteousness and what communion has light with darkness”. Is it my devilish charm? Nah!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 PM

134 posts, read 169,359 times
Ok, Hell. Finally, something to discuss!

Hell is a strong Orthodox Christian Dogma, but are there any reasons to doubt it as a place of everlasting torture? Well, maybe…

The oldest Gospel we have is Mark. The Sinai Bible version of Mark is the oldest copy that we have which dates to about 380 AD or 350 years after Jesus’ death and about 50 years after the first meeting of the Counsel of Nicene. We have no originals of any Biblical texts, just copies of copies.

I use Sinai Mark as the standard Gospel to look for all potential truths about Jesus and the “Gospel”. Matthew and Luke have verbatim copies of Mark in them and were written much later and are greatly embellished with respect to Mark. The Gospel of John was written even later than these and seems radically different in both style, content and doctrine. BTW, Sinai Mark ends at verse 16:8. There is no Great Commission or Great Condemnation.

The verses in Mark 9:43-48 seem to describe “hell” as a place of Eternal Torture but verses 44, 46 and 48 (“where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched”) are NOT in the Sinai Bible! They were later copied directly from part of Isaiah 66:24 and added. Some scholars think Isaiah 66 refers to the New Heaven and New Earth of Revelation 21. Unfortunately, Isaiah 66:24 is describing a future time and place after the enemies of God have been destroyed and the bodies of the DEAD are being consumed by worms and huge cremation fires.

Notice that neither the verses in Mark nor the verses in Isaiah describe zombies screaming in agony – they are dead bodies! The “unextinguished fire” in Mark 9:43 was a contemporary description of Gehenna as its fires were typically burning all the time. Gehenna was a loathsome place and it was an extreme dishonor to have your dead body thrown there instead of receiving a proper Jewish burial.

Jews in Jesus’ day did not believe in “hell” or a place of endless torture nor do they believe in it today. Jesus was the first person to refer to God as His Heavenly Father. Orthodoxy wants you to believe He was also the inventor of the concept of eternal torture, ET.

I simply don’t believe that Jesus invented ET and I think Sinai Mark is at least one “smoking gun” that the Dogma of Hell was the clever invention of the RCC and also the primary reason to Canonize the Book of Revelation. Why? Fear and Control of the unwashed masses and the perpetuation of the Priesthood.

Grace & Peace, John

Old 06-06-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraysse View Post
Brother Nikk: You did slander me and I did read what you wrote although some of your original posts about me have been apparently censored and were deleted. If your posts weren’t a personal attack, I wonder what happened to them?

But Let's recap:

That’s simply not true, unless your definition of “entirely” is “some”.

The “heart” is a biblical metaphor for the seat of one’s core values, desires and intentions. The “Heart” is where Jesus’ Spirit is supposed to live in Christians. Clearly, you are calling this part of me Evil! Further, the inference is that I have defiled your (pure?) heart just because I view and interpret the Bible differently than you.

This is a leading and rhetorical question directed at me to which the answer is obviously, “Yes”! In context with your previous statements, this is tantamount to my working at the behest of Satan himself.

Nice!

And really, if you believe the "scriptures", why mess with me? "What fellowship does righteousness have with unrighteousness and what communion has light with darkness”. Is it my devilish charm? Nah!
I agree, what communion has light with darkness. But it is written: Romans 10:14: How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15: And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality