Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Bless you Fullback, at least SOMEONE has a sense of reality in here. But not many I'm sorry to say. So saith the Messiah that the path to destruction was wide and many will find it. Looks like most I see here for sure.
Everyone thinks anyone who agrees with them has a sense of reality in "here" and everywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Actually there are some Jews that don't see Jesus as God. There are some that still believe as some did in the bible as him not being who He said that He was.

If you actually go out and talk to some of the Jewish community you will find that there are some that don't believe Jesus to be God.

I do agree, but Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah as well as God. But there are also some Jews that believe the same thing but don't call themselves Christian.
What do you mean "some" Jews? If a Jew believes that Jesus was anything more than a man, than he ceases to be a Jew- he is a Christian. Jesus did not fulfill the requirements to be the Messiah so the rest of us are still waiting.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Us Jews take the bible seriously. Watch out for those who call themselves Jews and are not! Who claim they are seed of Abraham, but do not do the things that Abraham did.
You are not a Jew- you are someone who was born to a Jewish mother but has no linkage to the Jewish faith or culture. Stop passing yourself off as such.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,626,992 times
This Nikk is a strange person. In one thread a while back, he intimated that he's Jewish. In another thread he insists that he's a Christian, and that the person who thought he's Jewish was mistaken. Apparently, he jumps back and forth according to the argument he's presenting at the moment.

Hey, Nikk, some of us remember what we read here. Get your story straight. Or at least pick one and stick with it!

Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,308,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What do you mean "some" Jews? If a Jew believes that Jesus was anything more than a man, than he ceases to be a Jew- he is a Christian. Jesus did not fulfill the requirements to be the Messiah so the rest of us are still waiting.
It's not rocket science.

I have met seen people were jewish who didn't believe in Jesus being God. They didnt' call themself Christian. This is simple to understand.

Jesus did fulfill, but not in your mind.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:11 AM

charolastra00 I just wanted to add,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It's not rocket science.

I have met seen people were jewish who didn't believe in Jesus being God. They didnt' call themself Christian. This is simple to understand.

I was in a hurry when I wrote this and see the typos.

I have met and seen people that are Jewish who don't believe in Jesus being God and they don't call themselves Christian.

Quote:
If a Jew believes that Jesus was anything more than a man, than he ceases to be a Jew- he is a Christian.
This is a rather silly statement. If you are born Jew you will die a Jew. I would rather say the word Jewish it sounds better and not in a negative tone as some might receive.

If someone is Jewish and believe in Jesus being God, they are Christian whom happens to be Jewish. You don't sign over your right to be Jewish when you become a Christian. That is rather an ignorant statement.

I mean to me it sounds like someone saying that you are either Latino or Christian, African American or Christian. It sounds rather silly to say.

Just like the diciples, they were Jews who were diciples. When they became diciples did they cease to be Jews.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 06-17-2009 at 07:25 AM..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This Nikk is a strange person. In one thread a while back, he intimated that he's Jewish. In another thread he insists that he's a Christian, and that the person who thought he's Jewish was mistaken. Apparently, he jumps back and forth according to the argument he's presenting at the moment.

Hey, Nikk, some of us remember what we read here. Get your story straight. Or at least pick one and stick with it!
I don't know this guy, but it is possible that a person who is of the Jewish background could become a Christian.

I'm not saying that this is the case, but I have seen Jews that are Christian. When they became Christian they were still Jewish.

So, I guess it confuses me when people say you are a Jew or Christian, because you can be both, but there are different beliefs between the two believing in Jesus being God.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 AM

275 posts, read 708,277 times
My mother converted from Judaism to Christianity to "fit in" with her new husband.

Does that make her a Christian or a Jew?

To me, she will always be a Jew, but in the eyes of the Rabbi and the temple, she is no longer a Jew. So, by default, if we as Jews get our lineage through our mothers, wouldn't that make ME no longer a Jew?

Interesting problem: so to prevent the tribes from arguing with my stance, I was rededicated to the temple when I was 15.

I'm not sure about what to call my mother. She's been a "Christian" for about 12 years now... and I say that in quotes, because she is not truly a Christian as so many really are... I guess you'd call her a Sunday Morning Christian?

So how to you clarify and separate people? We don't know their hearts or their pasts. Maybe this Nikk person is in a similar quandary?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:16 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,766,800 times
the Jewish lineage comes through your mother. You don't BECOME something other than what you are. If you purport to believe something so be it. People love to put you in a "box". I'm a Jewish Believer and am NOT a christian. I do NOT accept their doctrines born out of distortions from mistranslated greek and church of rome manipulations. I believe as the Netzarim did, in the Torah. THAT is what they taught, NOT some "new testament". So no thanks no boxes for me. I'll stick with the original unpolluted belief. It was a LOT more like Judaism than what christianity has become, a mixture of some truths with a lot of paganism.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You are not a Jew- you are someone who was born to a Jewish mother but has no linkage to the Jewish faith or culture. Stop passing yourself off as such.
Such strong words you have! Not very nice at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality