Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,176,605 times

Advertisements

I've read few posts here and have a question.
According to christian believes, in order to get in heaven, all you have to do is to accept JC. Right?

So you can sin, kill, cheat, not follow commandments, do all kinds of crazy stuff, but as long as you accept JC, you have a sure ticket to heaven.

Then why do you need to worship, pray, go to church, and do all that stuff? If you already accepted JC, why bother with all that nonsense?

Oh, and if everything above is forgiven, who needs morals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:11 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,411 times
When a person sincerely accepts, comes to faith in (believe in, trust in, rely upon) Christ Jesus they will desire to become like Him. This will begin a transforming process that will lead the person away from their old ways of sin.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:14 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,586,421 times
Well Jesus did warn of that, of those that pray aloud yet attend to their daily dose of sin afterwards, it's called hypocrisy. You believe in Christ, you follow his ways, the 10 commandments and the Golden Rule, they go hand in hand. God bless.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,177,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
According to christian believes, in order to get in heaven, all you have to do is to accept JC. Right?

So you can sin, kill, cheat, not follow commandments, do all kinds of crazy stuff, but as long as you accept JC, you have a sure ticket to heaven.

Then why do you need to worship, pray, go to church, and do all that stuff? If you already accepted JC, why bother with all that nonsense?

I wonder if some of the people who killed Jesus later changed their minds and accepted him. Wonder what happened to them.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,176,605 times
And what happened to people before JC existed?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:30 PM

444 posts, read 1,050,237 times
Quote:
And what happened to people before JC existed?
Good question. I wonder if anyone can answer that?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,860 times
Quote:

That is according to protestant beliefs. Catholics (real Christians) do not believe such garbage. In fact, you do have to do good works, be a charitable person, and try to your best to live in the way Jesus would intend. The path to heaven is narrow and not easy.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
The Catholics I knew when I lived in the Cleveland area would brag about doing 'wrong' and say all they need to do is go to confession.
How boring is that?
Protestants seem to think the same way. That's the reason I'd rather stay away from organized religion. Too much drama of the bad kind.
The question of what happened before JC came along is a question that no one on this forum has been able to answer with a good answer, only the same generic answer over and over again.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:57 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,845,330 times
People are sinners because they are human beings and the perfection is for God only.
Jesus is trying to remove the sins of people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Jesus is a big hope for sinners to continue their lives without that pain for what they have done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't feel that pain , you will never be forgiven.
It is a logic.

By the way..I am muslim .

Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
The Catholics I knew when I lived in the Cleveland area would brag about doing 'wrong' and say all they need to do is go to confession.
How boring is that?
Protestants seem to think the same way. That's the reason I'd rather stay away from organized religion. Too much drama of the bad kind.
The question of what happened before JC came along is a question that no one on this forum has been able to answer with a good answer, only the same generic answer over and over again.
Confession is just another form of repentance. To repent for your sins is to try as hard as possible not to repeat them. It isn't a matter of "all you need to do is go to confession." Confessing ones sins does not automatically mean you gain atonement for them, despite what your Catholic friends might have thought or told you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality