Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM

158 posts, read 472,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Instead I'm done with it.
I'll suggest as I did earlier that next time you come to the table, do some research to back up your claims. Also for debating sake, don't use words you don't understand.

Quote:
Except that evolution has never been observed. A fish is still a fish despite a new color, a finch is still a finch despite a longer beak, etc...

Yes, natural selection does encourage certain traits, but not new species.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
kdbrich, why won't you define species for us?
I don't have a good definition of it.
(adj) ignorant, uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
I wonder if we'll get another woefully misinformed thread next week?

Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,798,591 times
Quote:
You guys will continue to cling to your fairy tale,
Ahh yes.. that little fairytale called REALITY. How awful it is to cling to it.

Quote:
we'll continue to argue against it...
You have no arguments against it, Don Quixote..

Quote:
you'll throw some barbs at us...insult us.....etc....we'll just get more worked up.

Instead I'm done with it.
Yes, slink back into your safe, comfortable imaginary little world.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:05 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I wonder if we'll get another woefully misinformed thread next week?
If so, I wish they could just once bring additional evidence to support their claim/refute ours. The single, ficticious, outdated book just isn't working for me.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
But if you allow yourself that level of interpretation, well, pretty much every creation myth is "different but still vaguely similar" to the scientific theory.
Im not really telling you what the Genesis story means...
Im just saying "This is what it says___"

What I have found is that if you just stick to the text alone you will not really run into any problems with the teachings of evolution in science

Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Im not really sure what you guys are talking about, and I cant teach anyone anything about science.
But from what I have read and have learned in school I don't really see what the problem is...

The Bible I know a few things about, the teachings of science I might ask you for help on.

My Bible is very clear that simple life forms came first such as plants, and that all life from the most simple plant to the most advanced animal is all a product of the earth itself.
Now as far as I know, this is in a lot of agreement with the teachings of evolution.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Now as to the main question of this topic and the idea that all of us share the same great-great-great....grandmother?

The bible is very clear on this question.
The Bible teaches that all of us share the same grand mother.
The Bible even gives us her name,"Eve"

Now from what I have read in some schools of thought in science, there is a hint that all of us do infact share the same great-Great grand mother at some point in our history.
However science has yet to conferm this idea, and has a lot of work to do as far as learning her name.

However as the ideas from both science and the Bible are in a lot of agreement on this matter, I don't see the reason to bicker about it yet.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Actually, pretty much no matter what specie or group you study, it will in fact be descended from a single mother, and also from a single father (who may or may not have lived within the same time period). You don't even need to check the mitochondrial DNA to know it (though that does tell us how long ago that "eve" lived). It's actually mathematically provable.

Based on Daniel Dennett's Darwin's dangerous idea:
There are theories that man evolved simultaneously on different parts of the globe. This would solve the "Out of Africa" dilemma in some cases.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
This would solve the "Out of Africa" dilemma in some cases.
What is wrong with Africa?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
What is wrong with Africa?
OK, Google the "Out of Africa theory." Then you'd be 10 times farther into the discussion that everyone else is engaged in.

Last edited by Astron1000; 06-30-2009 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality