Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:59 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,254,270 times

Advertisements

It is the last Divine Religion revealed to man.
Islam recognizes previous divine revelations. On the other hand, Jews do not recognize Jesus, and the Christians do not recognize Muhammad; whereas, Muslims recognize Moses and Jesus, may Allah exalt their mention
In Islam humans relates with their Lord in all matters and conditions.
Islam is the only Religion which has not been distorted or changed.
Harry G. Dorman said:.......Why become a muslim?: The key to understanding Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 08:47 AM

50,100 posts, read 20,858,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Islam recognizes previous divine revelations. On the other hand, Jews do not recognize Jesus, and the Christians do not recognize Muhammad; whereas, Muslims recognize Moses and Jesus, may Allah exalt their mention
Harry G. Dorman said:.......Why become a muslim?: The key to understanding Islam

Nah, sorry. It is not as late as Mormonism, scientology, Christian science and Sikhism. It is not for all people, not for people who do not care to be told what they can and can't eat, that they have to pray five times a day and wrap their women up as though they were something to be ashamed of. And to say I can't order a drink on a plane...

No. Much as there are some admirable things about Islam, it isn't for those who have a bit a a problem with heavy - handed authority.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:39 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,425,479 times
Quote:
I wouldn't trumpet being one of the youngest religions on the planet as a reason to join up, to be frank.
My God and Goddess, who I've looked to most of my forty plus years on the planet, measure their lives in the tens of thousands of years.
As far as Deity measure their lives, your's isn't even out of diapers yet.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism - worshipping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'ÃŽsa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam)."

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers .

Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 AM

24 posts, read 33,676 times
I dont see the point in worshipping something that i have NEVER seen. IF i was Allah or any of the other God's, i wouldn't want or need anyone to worship me.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeGod View Post
I dont see the point in worshipping something that i have NEVER seen. IF i was Allah or any of the other God's, i wouldn't want or need anyone to worship me.
you do not see the Oxygen but you need it

Allah does not need our worship he will not loose any thing if we do not worship him but he ordered us to obey him and obey his messenger

Old 07-19-2009, 11:46 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,425,479 times
Quote:
Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism - worshipping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'ÃŽsa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam)."

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers .
Quoting scripture to "non-believers" is quite silly, to be frank.
People who do not see scriptures, either that of your sibling or parent religion as well as yours, as infallable and accurate find it rather laughable.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:18 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,659,379 times
Quote:
you do not see the Oxygen
With our unaided eyes, you're right, we can't see oxygen. But oxygen atoms can be seen using an electron microscope.
Imaging Lithium Atoms One Angstrom Microscope's observations

Old 07-19-2009, 01:53 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,682,882 times
Quote:
Well, you certainly get points for persistence. Will you ever stop posting new threads to make your case for Islam? I suspect not.

But the other question to which the answer is also "I suspect not" is this: will you ever come to understand that you cannot make a case for your religion by putting someone else's down? This constant 'my religion is better than yours for these reasons' begins to border on the offensive...not that I expect you to acknowledge this any time soon, or even let up.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:07 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,085,376 times
Quote:

Except that islam does not recognize Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality