Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 AM

657 posts, read 1,634,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Hi Justfarr1030:lets say for example!

..You are at a beach! You see someone in the water who is in trouble! my guess is is that you would with natural human instinct. Try to help that person by either swimming out to him/her or you would call out for help for someone to assist.

Reason why we as humans react to anyone in trouble is because the Spirit of God that is within all people is thus to safe a life.

That is the Spirit of Mercy and or Compassion! my 2c!
ooook...but what does that have to do with the topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,812,770 times
I feel like a lot of Christians have had some sort of experience however small or large and that is their proof through a private revelation. I have questioned Jesus before twice, once on his existence, once on personal concerns of a beloved friend that was dying, and have had something happen both times that I felt like was God reassuring that things were OK. I'm sure you could find a way to say it was all in my head as a means of coping and survival since the incidences both occurred around death and great personal stress but I feel like that's when God would be more likely to reassure us anyways. So as far as proof goes in your life, I would say the important thing to be would be keeping an open mind, you seem pretty convinced he is not real already, I think it would be good to try and rid yourself of this bias first of all, I'm not trying to say "go look around seeing how he is manifesting himself in your life," because from your point of view that would be bias as well. I would suggest trying to succumb to the fact of 'not knowing' first. As far as men previously known in history to have allegedly walked on water and raised the dead, I have thought about this as well. I think it's kind of like a great movie where societies dreams come true! I mean everyone loved those stories and I think God was like, 'I can make that happen!'

Old 07-24-2009, 09:20 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,774,982 times
I find it remarkable that nobody questions the name of the Messiah. The man was a Hebrew. HE had a Hebrew name, and yet so called xtians only know HIM by HIS greek given name. There is NO "J" in Hebrew. From the Hebrew text using HIS name it would transliterate as "Yahushua". Many have shortened it to Y'shua or Yeshua. In Hebrew that would only mean "Salvation" instead of the full name which includes the Holy name of the Father "Yah". Put them together and now you've got something. Yah's Salvation Yahushua....yeah....much better than a name based in pagan lore, of of their greek gods. Nope, I'll stick to the Hebrew name as it was. Nothing greek or pagan for me thanks. I fully realize it may be the only thing many have been taught. But you're supposed to be in the Light and know better the more truth you are given. So give it a try.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,812,770 times
I think that your intelligence of language and the origins of names is a wonderful gift! However, I don't think that the sequence of letters strung together is what really matters to me as far as the concept of Jesus goes. As far as 'Light' goes, it's more like the light of faith that really matters when you get down to it, not your intellectual IQ, which is a wonderful gift as well though.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM

320 posts, read 449,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
ooook...but what does that have to do with the topic?
Bro...go back over your posts! You push and fight so hard with all your knowledge and theory that God doesn't exist!

To say that a Savior didn't exist would, be saying "who cares if a person is drowning" He, just like the rest of humanity was/is a Savior! Their is a savior in every human being. "Which is first to safe a LIFE"

People are Saviors! In different ways... Counsellors, Search and Rescues, Nurses, Doctors, Paramedics, Dentist, Surf Life Guards ...etc...to name a few!

We are all saviors in our own lil ways when it comes to saving a Life!
Even you Jastfarr have the spirit of God in you which is to save a life, every human reacts with instinct..to safe someone in trouble.
It is that Savior Within!

I wouldn't expect anything back from you with a positve return, so ill end on this note, "In an open mind there is always room to move"!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Bro...go back over your posts! You push and fight so hard with all your knowledge and theory that God doesn't exist!

To say that a Savior didn't exist would, be saying "who cares if a person is drowning" He, just like the rest of humanity was/is a Savior! Their is a savior in every human being. "Which is first to safe a LIFE"

People are Saviors! In different ways... Counsellors, Search and Rescues, Nurses, Doctors, Paramedics, Dentist, Surf Life Guards ...etc...to name a few!

We are all saviors in our own lil ways when it comes to saving a Life!
Even you Jastfarr have the spirit of God in you which is to save a life, every human reacts with instinct..to safe someone in trouble.
It is that Savior Within!

I wouldn't expect anything back from you with a positve return, so ill end on this note, "In an open mind there is always room to move"!
First of all, I NEVER said that God doesn't exist. I am a moslem, so how could I say that Allah (God) doesn't exist? I said that Jesus Christ doesn't exist...HUGE DIFFERENCE. Moslems believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet, NOT THE SON OF GOD and moslems HONOR ALL THE TRUE AND DIVINE PROPHETS so I would never say "A savior" didn't exist. However, through my own personal research I have come to find that Jesus Christ never existed. There was a Serapis Christus (C.A. 135 B.C.) on the other hand who was the "divine" () earthly personification of Ptolemy The 1st aka Meryamun Setepenre (Soter) (C.A. 367-283 B.C. 1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)). My comments DO NOT represent any Islamic organizations as this is MY OWN PERSONAL BELIEF. I challenge ANYONE seriously research this and prove me wrong.

As far as the rest of your comments, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. And please, next time if your going to quote me make sure you quote me correctly.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:47 PM

320 posts, read 449,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
First of all, I NEVER said that God doesn't exist. I am a moslem, so how could I say that Allah (God) doesn't exist? I said that Jesus Christ doesn't exist...HUGE DIFFERENCE. Moslems believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet, NOT THE SON OF GOD and moslems HONOR ALL THE TRUE AND DIVINE PROPHETS so I would never say "A savior" didn't exist. However, through my own personal research I have come to find that Jesus Christ never existed. There was a Serapis Christus (C.A. 135 B.C.) on the other hand who was the "divine" () earthly personification of Ptolemy The 1st aka Meryamun Setepenre (Soter) (C.A. 367-283 B.C. 1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)). My comments DO NOT represent any Islamic organizations as this is MY OWN PERSONAL BELIEF. I challenge ANYONE seriously research this and prove me wrong.

As far as the rest of your comments, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. And please, next time if your going to quote me make sure you quote me correctly.
Ok sweet as!!...it's very clear that we have different beliefs! (Allah) God is who you believe in! And...I respect that!! But, Jesus Christ (God) is whom I believe In....! So Algood

Each to his own beliefs mate! I repsect your beliefs and expect that from you in return..Each to his own!

grace and peace to you!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM

46 posts, read 60,968 times
OP- I could follow this better without all the bold words and exclaimation points...sheesh, I feel like you are trying to sell me something on the street.
If it didn't tire me out so much, I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts...

Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Otis View Post
OP- I could follow this better without all the bold words and exclaimation points...sheesh, I feel like you are trying to sell me something on the street.
If it didn't tire me out so much, I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts...
I bold my important points and if that's going to stop you from learning the truth, praise be to Allah that you learn it one day. I'm not here to convert/convince anyone, but I am here to tell THE TRUTH.

Peace

Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 PM

46 posts, read 60,968 times
Ah, but Christians also feel compelled to share what they think is the truth, no?
I like to hear all sides...just not be yelled at or "preached" to...
You do make some good points...
Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality