Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 PM

657 posts, read 1,634,348 times

Advertisements

First and foremost, let me say that I'm not making this thread with hate and malice intended. This thread is also NOT to attack anyone on a personal level. When I say I don't like MOST so called Christians (Catholics, Baptists, Protestants, Mormons or ANY other divisions/sects/variations of Christianity) I'm speaking from a IDEOLOGICAL point of view. I'm a researcher and historian and I'm here to discuss this with ANYONE who is willing to deal with the subject from a non bias, factual standpoint.

With that being said, let me first begin with saying that I don't have a problem with someone worshiping how they choose. I do have a problem with people that basically steal their religion from another and masquerade around as the "true and divine word of God" which brings me to my first "beef" with so called Christians. The average Christian will ignore all fact, logic and reason (aka BASIC COMMON SENSE) in order to blindly follow a religion in which once PROPER research is done, one can see that the foundation upon which the source (aka Jesus) rests on is a LIE. The average so called Christian if asked how the so called Jesus came about couldn't even answer the question because NO SUCH MAN EVER EXISTED. There can be no origin point for something that never was. Jesus is no more divine than Santa Clause or The Easter Bunny.

So, justfarr...PROVE IT. I implore you all to research the TRUE origin of the so called Jesus Christ. The stories attached to him (as well as other mythical figures in Christianity) originated from sources that date back tens of thousands of years earlier in Africa as well as other various parts of the world. ANYONE is welcome to debate me on this and PROVE ME WRONG. It's time to stop spreading this malicious lie to the world and especially so called Black/Hispanic people who worship this same religion which slained our forefathers all over the planet. This is the real conversation we need to be having regarding religion, shall we begin?

Last edited by justfarr1030; 07-20-2009 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: I felt like it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,331 times
I would say that it is the assertion that anyone needs to prove anything to you is the problem. I have faith, I can share it with you, but it is not up to me to convince you of anything. Your path in life is unique and you certainly are entitled to your beliefs and the manner in which you assert them.

Your acceptance of me or my point of view is not required for me to continue sharing what I believe. What I do believe is that God is showing himself to you in a unique way, the problem with most doctrines is that your supposed to accept things to the satisfaction of the person presenting it.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:07 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,778,285 times
The Jewish historian Josephus mentions Jesus. Of course, some have already made up their minds that this was inserted later by Christians, and you may be of that persuasion.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times
LOL.....Oh I have been here time and time again with the Nation. There is no lie. There have been sheep among the goats in the church and it is the goats who violate and abuse God's word.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
First and foremost, let me say that I'm not making this thread with hate and malice intended. This thread is also NOT to attack anyone on a personal level. When I say I don't like MOST so called Christians (Catholics, Baptists, Protestants, Mormons or ANY other divisions/sects/variations of Christianity) I'm speaking from a IDEOLOGICAL point of view. I'm a researcher and historian and I'm here to discuss this with ANYONE who is willing to deal with the subject from a non bias, factual standpoint.

With that being said, let me first begin with saying that I don't have a problem with someone worshiping how they choose. I do have a problem with people that basically steal their religion from another and masquerade around as the "true and divine word of God" which brings me to my first "beef" with so called Christians. The average Christian will ignore all fact, logic and reason (aka BASIC COMMON SENSE) in order to blindly follow a religion in which once PROPER research is done, one can see that the foundation upon which the source (aka Jesus) rests on is a LIE. The average so called Christian if asked how the so called Jesus came about couldn't even answer the question because NO SUCH MAN EVER EXISTED. There can be no origin point for something that never was. Jesus is no more divine than Santa Clause or The Easter Bunny.

So, justfarr...PROVE IT. I implore you all to research the TRUE origin of the so called Jesus Christ. The stories attached to him (as well as other mythical figures in Christianity) originated from sources that date back tens of thousands of years earlier in Africa as well as other various parts of the world. ANYONE is welcome to debate me on this and PROVE ME WRONG. It's time to stop spreading this malicious lie to the world and especially so called Black/Hispanic people who worship this same religion which slained our forefathers all over the planet. This is the real conversation we need to be having regarding religion, shall we begin?
Wow ... No offense but i don't believe you are a true "historian" as you claim. First of all, there is no written history that predates the time of Christ by tens of thousands of years anywhere on earth. The first written language was cuneiform and it is only about 5200 years old(some claim Egyptian hieroglyphs to be the first). Before that there where cave paintings and the like which the oldest is said to be around 32,000 years old by carbon dating, but carbon dating is notoriously inaccurate anyway.

Its interesting you come in here making these sweeping statements as if they were evident to the majority of scholars on the subject, when in fact most historians believe Jesus to have been a real person regardless of whether or not they believe him to have been the son of God. The fact is that there is more evidence of the historicity of Christ than there is for Alexander the great or even Napoleon. It seems to me you are just another one of the Zeitgeist crowd who has allot of fallacious notions concerning history and the development of the worlds religions which are based on some very errant sources. Keep looking, you might come to a knowledge of the truth eventually if you stop hardening your heart.

P.S. ... What does "Inconsincies" mean?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-20-2009 at 03:47 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Typical Christian defense. No basis to of facts at all. There is nothing wrong with having faith, but blind faith??? The so called Jesus Christ is nothing more than a caricature. He is the personification of Serapis c.a. 350 B.C. (aka Ptolemy the 1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)). Google/Youtube: Ecumencial Councils (of Nicea)/The Nicea Council/Council of Nicea and see the TRUE HISTORY behind your religion and your beloved Jesus Christ (aka Serapis-Christus). I know the truth might be hard for most of you to come to grips with but just remember that without righteousness (truth) you cannot find God.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with having faith, but blind faith???

Be specific about where you are heading with the blind faith argument.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Be specific about where you are heading with the blind faith argument.
When I made this thread and stated my purpose for it, I also gave facts (TRUTH) to back up what I was saying. You responded:

"...Your acceptance of me or my point of view is not required for me to continue sharing what I believe. What I do believe is that God is showing himself to you in a unique way, the problem with most doctrines is that your supposed to accept things to the satisfaction of the person presenting it."

I just told you what to research to see where the so called Jesus REALLY comes from. You ignore it still, which is once again part of my "beef" with Christians because you can tell them it's raining, take them to the window and show them the rain, take them outside IN THE RAIN...then they say, it's not raining.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Wow ... No offense but i don't believe you are a true "historian" as you claim. First of all, there is no written history that predates the time of Christ by tens of thousands of years anywhere on earth. The first written language was cuneiform and it is only about 5200 years old(some claim Egyptian hieroglyphs to be the first). Before that there where cave paintings and the like which the oldest is said to be around 32,000 years old by carbon dating, but carbon dating is notoriously inaccurate anyway.

Its interesting you come in here making these sweeping statements as if they were evident to the majority of scholars on the subject, when in fact most historians believe Jesus to have been a real person regardless of whether or not they believe him to have been the son of God. The fact is that there is more evidence of the historicity of Christ Alexander the great or even Napoleon. it seems to me you are just another one of the Zeitgeist crowd who has allot of fallacious notions concerning history and the development of the worlds religions which are based on some very errant sources. Keep looking, you might come to a knowledge of the truth eventually if you stop hardening your heart.

P.S. ... What does "Inconsincies" mean?
See, you're looking at history from a European "scholarly" point of view.

Europeans have been on this planet roughly 6000 years. So PLEASE, don't come at me talking about Alexander (nothing great about him) or Napolean. Everything that Greeks/Romans learned (or stole) was from AFRICA. On the contrary to popular belief, there are many scholars who advocate the TRUTH that Jesus did not exist (let alone be the SON of God), however their claims are merely swept under the rug and passed over by the establishment. Any theory that doesn't fit the Eurocentric point of view is written off as herasy. The FACT is there is NO HISTORIC RECORD OF A SO CALLED JESUS THE CHRIST. There is one of Ptolemy the 1st (aka Serapis aka Serapis-Christus). I know the truth. Maybe one day you'll awaken but I doubt it. It's too much to look at the facts as opposed to what you've been brainwashed to believe.

PS: inconsistencies (typo).

Last edited by justfarr1030; 07-20-2009 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: bold

Old 07-20-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
When I made this thread and stated my purpose for it, I also gave facts (TRUTH) to back up what I was saying. You responded:

"...Your acceptance of me or my point of view is not required for me to continue sharing what I believe. What I do believe is that God is showing himself to you in a unique way, the problem with most doctrines is that your supposed to accept things to the satisfaction of the person presenting it."

I just told you what to research to see where the so called Jesus REALLY comes from. You ignore it still, which is once again part of my "beef" with Christians because you can tell them it's raining, take them to the window and show them the rain, take them outside IN THE RAIN...then they say, it's not raining.
Let me help you out with your argument. First your mixing demonstratable facts with faith concerning evidence so your argument is moot and it is a bad example, pick another one please.

You can demonstrate to someone the reality of rainfall, but where Jesus is concerned you can only provide evidence. There is also evidence to the contrary.

If you were to tell me while it was not raining and the ground was dry that it rained two days ago then it would be blind faith that I believe you. However, I could have faith that your evidence is correct. Or I might come across evidence that it rained a week ago.

So, your assertion of blind faith is false since there is evidence for his existance, as you said there is nothing wrong with faith.

Whether or not I accept your "research" is irrevelent, since your argument of blind faith in invalid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality