Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 AM

339 posts, read 1,169,107 times

Advertisements

Are there any religions which don't claim some sort of punishment for those who fail to adhere to their particular set of beliefs or who 'sin' against them? So are there any that are just plain indifferent to the plight of non-believers (with regard to the 'afterlife')?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Divine Love Christianity. We know it's not punishment but correction of the soul to bring it back into harmony.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
We also don't care if you believe in God or not because God believes in you. We have no dogma's. Our only requirement is that you pray for Divine Love and that's only if you want to. It's not sinful if you don't and we don't push it on others to make them do it. We tell them what it is and what it does and move on.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 AM

52 posts, read 76,433 times
Taoism doesn't judge people. neither does buhdism. There are a couple of more religions out htere similar to these two. Both religions do involve god. neither religion tells you you are going to hell for not believing. The biggest thing that is unique about christianity (just a point to be made) is that christianity is the only religion that concerns itself with the end of times.

Gee the end of times.. Let's make one more point here. In the bible Jesus was supposed to have said the the end of times will come when mass anialation is possible. The thing is.... Mass anialation has always been possible. One good comet could anialate the entire worls population. They have been around for longer than this planet has...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 AM

433 posts, read 964,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodawg View Post
Taoism doesn't judge people. neither does buhdism. There are a couple of more religions out htere similar to these two. Both religions do involve god. neither religion tells you you are going to hell for not believing. The biggest thing that is unique about christianity (just a point to be made) is that christianity is the only religion that concerns itself with the end of times.

Gee the end of times.. Let's make one more point here. In the bible Jesus was supposed to have said the the end of times will come when mass anialation is possible. The thing is.... Mass anialation has always been possible. One good comet could anialate the entire worls population. They have been around for longer than this planet has...
Good post. A quick corrections though...

Islam 'Also' concerns itself greatly with the "end of times" as well. they call it the "prophet of the end of days".

Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Interesting question, right off hand the only two religions that I can think of that offer any kind of punishment for not believing in their god would be Christianity and Islam, now I could be wrong, there could be others and I'm sure that if there is there will be other posts to let us know, however as it stands right now those are the only two I can think of.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technodawg View Post
Taoism doesn't judge people. neither does buhdism. There are a couple of more religions out htere similar to these two. Both religions do involve god.
Not entirely correct. Buddhists don't necessarily believe in any deities. You can be both and atheist and a Buddhist.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM

125 posts, read 284,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Interesting question, right off hand the only two religions that I can think of that offer any kind of punishment for not believing in their god would be Christianity and Islam, now I could be wrong, there could be others and I'm sure that if there is there will be other posts to let us know, however as it stands right now those are the only two I can think of.

In Islam punishment is essential for the ones who did crimes, or else there will be no justice at all,

After this punishment the person will end where his heart lies, if he has one atom of good, and have joy along with being thankful towards God, and then he will enter heaven for eternity.

For moslims believers this analysis is agreed upon by all scholars

As for non moslims then they mostly leave it to God,

But my personal analysis after reading in the holy Quran, is that this is exactly what will happen to non believers

They will be purified from their sins, then if they have good in them they end up in heaven,

Note that in Islam not believing or associating other gods with God is considered a major sin that deserves punishment if the person did not repent,

So he will be punished, for short, long, very long time, or eternity depending on his heart.

Whether he will end up in Heaven afterwards depends on the goodness in his heart.

If he have no good at all then he will not want to go heaven, he will live the life he chose.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ll-free-2.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/6516740-post19.html

Another difference is that heaven and hell in Islam is with body and soul, not just the soul, this is agreed upon.

Peace

Old 07-23-2009, 12:06 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Judaism has the concept.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Buddhism, Sikhism and I think certain Hindu Gods and Goddess do not punish you for not beliving in them.

Christian and Islam are like the worst when it comes to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality