Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 PM

48 posts, read 172,969 times

Advertisements

So much happened to this young girl back in 1965. There are photos of everything about everything to this crime which is considered the most hideous crime to date in the state of Indianapolis. There is also a free movie to view called "an american crime" and is based on actual events of her suffering before her last breath of life was given. This will teach us that most of man can't be trusted and that evil certainly has no bounds at all.

Sylvia Likens beauty

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
I've seen that story before.

It always leaves me in shock to think that there are people out there like that.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:24 PM

15 posts, read 18,369 times
So should we blame this on the gods and devils? Or on you and I (our nature)

Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 PM

I place this on man definitely but one has to believe that maybe a certain soul has to go through hell a little more to make it into heaven. I believe maybe perhaps Sylvia Likens had to go through some process of hell here on earth because God new her soul needed to go through that process. That is what I have to believe because why would anybody (God or Jesus) want someone to go through that kind of ordeal like Syliva Likens had to go through?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM

That is true AxisMundi. I have to ask myself everyday now why would man inflict so much pain and torture for so long on another and get so much pleasure out of it. They treated her worse than a rabid animal and my stomach is sick just the thought of her three month ordeal down in that basement that she had to go through.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordor View Post
I place this on man definitely but one has to believe that maybe a certain soul has to go through hell a little more to make it into heaven. I believe maybe perhaps Sylvia Likens had to go through some process of hell here on earth because God new her soul needed to go through that process. That is what I have to believe because why would anybody (God or Jesus) want someone to go through that kind of ordeal like Syliva Likens had to go through?
You'll forgive me, or not, if I state unequivicably what a huge steaming, liquidy brown mass of stinking, fly infested bovine fecal matter that is.

And so much for your "loving God". A loving god wouldn't force anyone to got through the physical and emotional destruction that this poor lass went through.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:42 PM

I know it sounded obsurd but I couldn't think of any other reason as to why God would do this. There is no other explanation. Sometimes I even question about God's existence when after reading the crap Sylvia went through. I accepted the fact that some go through a lot of ordeal but in the end those individuals come out strong. Not Sylvia, she couldn't even make it to November of 1965 before dying of hunger, torture, and brain damage that was given by Gertrude and her sick kids and neighbor friends.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:04 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
It actually really bothers me to read about stories like this. Thankfully the number of individuals who would commit such horrible crimes is a very small percentage of the population, probably a fraction of a percent, but when it happens it really has an impact on the community and the general public. There are certain people who have absolutely no empathy for others or any sense of guilt for sadistic behavior that they've committed. The BTK killer is a perfect example. Making people suffer is extremely exciting to them and it often involves sexual desires. I see no God or devil to blame for any crime such as this. The blame is completely on the disturbed person who commits the act and I can't accept the defense on their part if they suggest that it was some satanic force who is actually to blame.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordor View Post
I know it sounded obsurd but I couldn't think of any other reason as to why God would do this. There is no other explanation. Sometimes I even question about God's existence when after reading the crap Sylvia went through. I accepted the fact that some go through a lot of ordeal but in the end those individuals come out strong. Not Sylvia, she couldn't even make it to November of 1965 before dying of hunger, torture, and brain damage that was given by Gertrude and her sick kids and neighbor friends.
Plenty of explinations.

Christian - God is the creator of all things, even sick, twisted people and sin.

My explination - None of the gods cannot directly influence a person in a gross, physical manner, because there is no such thing as an all powerful creator deity.

I'll opt for 2, thank you.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy;9948551[COLOR=red
].......[/color] I can't accept the defense on their part if they suggest that it was some satanic force who is actually to blame.
How about if they blame it on the Windows operating system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality