Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 PM

373 posts, read 256,890 times

Advertisements

I suspect that Adam and Eve had daughters that were never talked about in the Bible. Basically, I guess cain and Abel took their sisters as wives......................... Nothing else makes sense except of course they slept with their mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
It does. You can message me if you want me to explain it.
On open forum please.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
There is probably more truth in one myth, than all your history books combined. I think you need to do a deeper investigation into what constitutes truth.
Well, I don't think anybody has yet to find any truth in your sacred book unless you're a Christian and even then, you Christians can't agree on what is truth and what isn't and like I said it's a book of myths with a good moral story and just because it's written doesn't mean it's true.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by favoured View Post
I suspect that Adam and Eve had daughters that were never talked about in the Bible. Basically, I guess cain and Abel took their sisters as wives......................... Nothing else makes sense except of course they slept with their mother.
I have an alternative explanation and it makes sense: It's just a story; it never really happened.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
In Genesis it tells us that there were giants who came in to the daughters of men..... this sounds to me like inter-species fornication...but apparently that wasnt a problem or an abomination to anyone.
My question with that is; if there was inter-species breeding as mentioned in Genesis, why have we not found fossils or bones from these giants?

Last edited by jojajn; 07-27-2009 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My question with that is; if there was inter-species breeding as mentioned in Genesis, why have we not found fossils or bones from these giants?

Plenty of giant bones have been found all through history . Google 'bones of bibicle giants ' .

Not only in m.E.but also other places . Some as tall as 12 feet . Also found in the graves were huge tools they used .

Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM

I see more scientific proof in the bible than I do with Darwin . How did they know the earth was round and hangeth upon nothing ? Most thought it was flat and never ending . Had no idea about it hanging in space .

Old 07-27-2009, 02:50 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Well, I've seen that excuse used before, but enver with such... normacly... attached to it.

"Pure" DNA or not (as if modern DNA was "polluted") would see massive genetic abnormalities within seven generations.

We also know for fact that there are seven basic strains of DNA spread through the human race, not two.

Also, please name these "daughters of Adam and Eve". If your scripture is accurate and infallable, they should name those daughters.
No names were given. It was a passing reference.

Gen 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 5 Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Plenty of giant bones have been found all through history . Google 'bones of bibicle giants ' .

Not only in m.E.but also other places . Some as tall as 12 feet . Also found in the graves were huge tools they used .
all I found were things like this, nothing scientific.

Giant Skeleton Hoax « YOWCROOKS

Old 07-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
all I found were things like this, nothing scientific.

Giant Skeleton Hoax « YOWCROOKS

I used search engines and came up with lots of giant bones found from all over the world . Like I said some 12 ft. tall .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality