Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 AM

3,084 posts, read 7,272,014 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Father Knows Best: How Did Adam & Eve's Kids Have Kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 12:59 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,948,934 times
Default Logic Versus The Pope....

Wow... what a skate-job, huh? Of course this question is not answerable, and it results from an honest evaluation of the biblical myth that was not thought out well enough by it's authors beforehand.

Ditto on facts about where the dinosaurs' appearance and disappearance is documented in the bible, the vast illogic of Noah's impossible Ark, and a host of other stories that, under the cold, hard scrutiny of modern logical review all crash, Kah-Thuddo, onto the rocks of reality.

Which tranlates into: The bible's just an old mythical book designed to control illiterate and superstitious folk.

Quite oddly, it still resonates wih a few folks in this age of more critical thinking and excellent evidential tools. That seems to be inexoribly changing though, thank god.

Last edited by rifleman; 07-27-2009 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: typoz

Old 07-27-2009, 07:36 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,595,729 times
How did this guy become a priest,he better not ask the pope for the answer,he might get fired.

It was not uncommon in those days for brothers to have relations with their sisters to have babies,because the DNA strain was pure. It is hard to say or the time period when sin had entered into the world. Adam and Eve did have daughters,despite the fact that we learn only about Cain and Abel.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 AM

33,617 posts, read 37,264,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
How did this guy become a priest,he better not ask the pope for the answer,he might get fired.

It was not uncommon in those days for brothers to have relations with their sisters to have babies,because the DNA strain was pure. It is hard to say or the time period when sin had entered into the world. Adam and Eve did have daughters,despite the fact that we learn only about Cain and Abel.
100% pure cop out...gotta explain that incest away don't we.

I wouldn't worry too much about it because there were lots of people around when the myth (creation) was born in the mind of some sheep herder

Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,943,529 times
All I hear in my head is this:

"Dude, your sister's pretty hot!"

"She's your sister too."

"Oh yeah. I forgot. So you don't mind if I, uh..."

"Naw man. Me hermana, su hermana."

Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
100% pure cop out...gotta explain that incest away don't we.

I wouldn't worry too much about it because there were lots of people around when the myth (creation) was born in the mind of some sheep herder
So Sanspeur in your opinion how was the world populated and no cop out please? I gotta hear this one.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,508,369 times
Quote:

...and from genetics we know this would not have worked. If the children of Adam/Eve mated and produced offspring, chances are they would have been horribly messed up with genetic mutations (and possibly sterile). If they weren't, then another round of breeding between that generation of offspring almost certainly would have been. The ol' gene pool needs fresh water, if you get my drift...

Yet another reason why the whole story is bunk.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:04 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,541 times
Eve was an Australopithecus afarensis, (think Lucy, a 3.2 million year old partial skeleton found in November 1974 at Hadar, Ethiopia). She, along with other afarensis skeletal remains represent the best known early hominid species. The Australopiticene species are the first early hominids to show decisive evidence for obligate bipedality and for the presence of evolutionary trends in dentition and post-crania that seem to have it on the path to the modern human form, Homo sapien sapien.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 AM

33,617 posts, read 37,264,831 times
Quote:
So Sanspeur in your opinion how was the world populated and no cop out please? I gotta hear this one.
The same way rabbits do it.

Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees split off from the line leading to the humans, Homo sapiens evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
...and from genetics we know this would not have worked. If the children of Adam/Eve mated and produced offspring, chances are they would have been horribly messed up with genetic mutations (and possibly sterile). If they weren't, then another round of breeding between that generation of offspring almost certainly would have been. The ol' gene pool needs fresh water, if you get my drift...

Yet another reason why the whole story is bunk.
Then once again,how was the world popualted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality