Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Methinks you know not of that which you boast.
Exd 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this [for] a memorial in a book, and rehearse [it] in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Exd 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Exd 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
Num 33:2 And Moses wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD: and these [are] their journeys according to their goings out.

Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Deu 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,Mar 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave [his] wife [behind him], and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
You're joking right??????? You've got to be if you, for one infinitesimal minute, believe that this PROVES Moses wrote it. Trying to prove the bible with the bible...is well...just asinine...you do realize this don't you????????

When you've acquired some ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE regarding the FACTS of how and when the OT was actually written down and by whom...let's have a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
You might as well quote the three little pigs as well.
I think that was his point. At least that was how I took it.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Raffa 7:3-6

[3] He that is unable to speaketh his own words, showeth unto us that he thinketh not.
[4] And walketh he in the wilderness under the cloak of darkness and ignorance.
[5] For such a man is condemned to wander blindly through the darkness, forever tormented by the demons of his own imagination.
[6]For verily I say unto thee my brothers. Such a man is not worthy to receive the golden treasure of education and knowledge.

AMEN!
Hey...where can I get that book????

Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
The creationists and the evolutionists are probably both correct. As for the "we evolved from apes" theory, that theory has been recently proven wrong. The apes actually evolved from an up-right walking ancestor that humans happen to share with apes. I cringe everytime someone says that we came from apes because it just isn't true. We share a common ancestor with apes; and to be honest, we share a common ancestor with every mammal on this planet.

When it comes to the creationists, I believe they are correct as well. Religion has taught us that our "missing link" is a wise human like "God" in the sky. Well I don't believe that this "missing link" is "God", but I do believe that wise space traveling humans colonized Earth with their DNA nearly 450,000 years ago. This much has been documented in ancient Sumerian writings on clay tablets. FWIW, the Adam and Eve story originated from the ancient Sumerian creation story.

No matter what one believes, I feel that religion and science need to work together on this issue of human origin. The problem is that both modern religion and science reject the notion that life forms (smarter than humans) ever visited Earth in our past. That sort of thinking should have died the second Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon. If we could land as "aliens" on the moon; someone else most certainly could have landed on Earth as "aliens". Those "aliens" could very well be our missing link. Those "aliens" could be EXACTLY why we worship advanced wise human like beings (Gods) in the sky. To me, the answer is soooooo obvious, but most of us are just not seeing it.

One more thing (and this is for the religious people). If you don't believe in aliens (especially human looking aliens), then by definition, YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD!!!!
Think about it. You believe that God is a lifeform (an eternal one at that). You also believe that God's kingdom is in "heaven" (a place that is NOT on Earth; it is in the sky). You believe that God created Earth (which means that God did not come from Earth). You believe that God made humans in his likeness (which means that God is human looking). This is why I laugh everytime a "by-bull" thumper says that they don't believe in aliens. God (by definition) is a human-looking alien. Got it? Good!

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 08-12-2010 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The creationists and the evolutionists are probably both correct. As for the "we evolved from apes" theory, that theory has been recently proven wrong.
That is not a recent development among anthropologists. Evolution, as far as I can remember, has been about common ancestry. However, that is a caricature of evolution, propogated by popular media outlets, creationist ministries, folk scientists working for creationist ministeries, etc. [/quote]

Quote:
The apes actually evolved from an up-right walking ancestor that humans happen to share with apes. I cringe everytime someone says that we came from apes because it just isn't true. We share a common ancestor with apes; and to be honest, we share a common ancestor with every mammal on this planet.
This is probably ok from just a layman's POV, as scientifically, since we are part of this ape-dom, and is where you should have stopped.

Quote:
When it comes to the creationists, I believe they are correct as well. Religion has taught us that our "missing link" is a wise human like "God" in the sky. Well I don't believe that this "missing link" is "God", but I do believe that wise space traveling humans colonized Earth with their DNA nearly 450,000 years ago. This much has been documented in ancient Sumerian writings on clay tablets. FWIW, the Adam and Eve story originated from the ancient Sumerian creation story.
"Missing link" is another caricature propogated by popular media outlets, creationist ministries, folk scientists working for creationist ministeries, etc.

Quote:
No matter what one believes, I feel that religion and science need to work together on this issue of human origin. The problem is that both modern religion and science reject the notion that life forms (smarter than humans) ever visited Earth in our past. That sort of thinking should have died the second Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon. If we could land as "aliens" on the moon; someone else most certainly could have landed on Earth as "aliens". Those "aliens" could very well be our missing link. Those "aliens" could be EXACTLY why we worship advanced wise human like beings (Gods) in the sky. To me, the answer is soooooo obvious and most of us are just not seeing it.
Sure, the conclusions and explanations determined by "science" are always held tentatively. When the physical evidence indicating such an occurance is presented and weighed, then it can be seriously considered. Otherwise there is no reason to consider them. Them's the rules. If Neil Armstrong found suspicious prints in the dust on the surface of the moon other than his own, upon his arrival, then there would be something to test. So until then....Science is incapable of testing "special revelation" Therefore you can't blend the two. Individuals are free to consider conclusions from both avenues, but they are distinct avenues that don't cross in how their respective "data" is obtained.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
If Neil Armstrong found suspicious prints in the dust on the surface of the moon other than his own, upon his arrival, then there would be something to test.
Do some serious reseach, then we'll talk.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Do some serious reseach, then we'll talk.
Can't respond, eh?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Can't respond, eh?

YouTube - Alien Structures on the Moon. NASA Cover Up.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Ah, pin-headed conspiracy theories, I'm convinced.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Ah, pin-headed conspiracy theories, I'm convinced.
Or would you prefer to hear this from a former astronaut (Dr. Edgar Mitchell). He walked on the moon too ya know.

YouTube - Astronaut says UFO's and Aliens are Real

Let me guess, this astronaut is just lying so he can sell a book. LOL!!!

My point here is that when an astronaut (what scientist is more qualified than a man that has been in space?) says that we have been visited, we should listen. Point, blank, period. FWIW, I examine ALL evidence; and the witness testimony of an astronaut is SOLID evidence in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality