Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 01:49 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Or would you prefer to hear this from a former astronaut (Dr. Edgar Mitchell). He walked on the moon too ya know.

YouTube - Astronaut says UFO's and Aliens are Real

Let me guess, this astronaut is just lying so he can sell a book. LOL!!!

My point here is that when an astronaut (what scientist is more qualified than a man that has been in space?) says that we have been visited, we should listen. Point, blank, period. FWIW, I examine ALL evidence; and the witness testimony of an astronaut is SOLID evidence in my book.
Just present the physical evidence, that's all you have to do. Isn't there another camp that doesn't believe we went to the moon at all, and it is all fabricated? Who can you trust? ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 03:27 PM

454 posts, read 499,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Raffa 7:3-6

[3] He that is unable to speaketh his own words, showeth unto us that he thinketh not.
[4] And walketh he in the wilderness under the cloak of darkness and ignorance.
[5] For such a man is condemned to wander blindly through the darkness, forever tormented by the demons of his own imagination.
[6]For verily I say unto thee my brothers. Such a man is not worthy to receive the golden treasure of education and knowledge.

AMEN!
ANALYSIS OF THE PROPHET RAFFA.

The following conclusions are based on a considered and accurate analysis of the words of the Prophet Raffa as revealed through the Scripture Raffa 7:3-6.

1. Those humans who are unable to think for themselves are to be considered as condemned for eternity.

2. Such men as those menttioned in point 1. are unworthy of an education.

Raffa, you seem to be in direct opposition to the will of God the Father and God the Son. Jesus Christ came to save the lost, to be a light for those in darkness and to renew the weary.
I believe that the Spirit which is speaking to the Prophet Raffa is that of the anti-Christ.

I implore all humans to reject the elite minded teachings of the Prophet Raffa as Satanic accursed words and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Psalm 93:1
The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

Psalm 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved.

Ecclesiastes 1:4-5
Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.

All seeming to express the immovability of the Earth.
It may be wise when considering Scripture to take that which is seemingly the case and meditate upon it, contemplating what God is revealing to you.

The only being who can move the earth is the one who created the earth. The relation between the earth, heaven and the Lord God Almighty is fixed.

If one is alleging that the earth is movable, or indeed, is moving, then I would ask such an allegation to be substantiated with the location of at least two points, one being the point at which the earth originated (this origin can be taken as that local which the earth inhabited at any local in time, not necessarily the beginning of time) and the other being the point at which the earth is now.
You may use the earth as the reference point, or you may use any other celestial object for such purposes.
It should also be noted that something which rotates on a fixed point or revolves around a fixed point can not be considered to be movable as all of creation is connected through Christ.

You may use the above exercise to come to two vital realisations regarding reality. Firstly, God gives his word for our benefit, he has revealed what we need to know. Secondly, the pursuits of those who follow their desire to know how God creates, as well as what he has ceated beyond their own needs, are simpy following a path of endless destruction and futility. The path of thanklessness and haughtiness.

Thankyou for your posts they are much appreciated.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM

108 posts, read 175,732 times
It may be wisest to consider all the options, and to discard the less rational, the implausible and the just plain nutty.

Meantime evolution has been proven quite conclusively. Time and again. DNA is not a joke! and now we can map and even reproduce it! You perhaps want to deny that reality?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
It may be wisest to consider all the options, and to discard the less rational, the implausible and the just plain nutty.

Meantime evolution has been proven quite conclusively. Time and again. DNA is not a joke! and now we can map and even reproduce it! You perhaps want to deny that reality?
I would say that you consider the irrational, implausible and the just plain nutty as all equal.

Please understand the fact that the Holocaust was born out of purely rational policy.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,373,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Going to ignore the truth again are we? How do you explain the contradictions in what it says, first beast then man, then first man then beast.

more from the site ( shic you should really read)

In the first account, man gets created after the beasts, the second account has man created before the beasts . Only a person who exercised warped logic or blind faith could believe this outright contradiction. Yet to the fundamentalist reader, the many hundreds of contradictions and discrepancies in the Bible go by unseen, regardless of how many honest scholars and theologians have discovered otherwise.

In fact there occurs two stories of Genesis, the second story starts at Genesis 2:4. The first story uses Elohim (God in the plural form) and the second story uses the LORD God (Yahweh Elohim, sometimes incorrectly termed Jehovah). Both stories appear markedly different, yet somehow in history the stories got annexed together. This shows the allegorical intent of Genesis rather than a factual account.

Even the belief among non-fundamentalists, that the Bible has kept its original form despite minor changes, has led many theologians to think otherwise. One of the most highly respected theologians, Bruce Metzger, has written extensively on the errors in the Bible. For example, in his book "The text of the New Testament- Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration," Metzger asserts errors due to:

* Errors arising from faulty eyesight
* Errors arising from faulty hearing
* Errors of the mind
* Errors of judgment
* Difficulties historical and geographical
* Alterations from doctrinal considerations
* Addition of miscellaneous details.

Many times whole belief systems and vast changes to a society can change from a simple mistranslation of a single word. (For example "virgin" got confused in Isaiah 7:14 for young woman "almah")

And here is another one:
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." (Genesis 1: 3-5)

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." (Genesis 1:16-17)

Comment

God creates day and night on the first day and then makes the stars and the two great lights (sun and moon) on the fourth day (Genesis 1:19). How can you have day and night on the first day without a star? This describes a dramatic contradiction to the way the actual universe works. To have a day you must have a rotating planet and a sun. Genesis proves that God (or more accurately, the authors of Genesis) could not have known about the structure of the universe, or even the difference between stars and planets.

You have a lot of the contractions, but the best book I have read on problems with any truth to be found in the New Testament was written by Bart D. Ehrman and is called Jesus Interrupted. He “reveals the hidden contractions in the bible.†It makes you wonder how any body could fall for the lies.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I think that was his point. At least that was how I took it.
At least someone got it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hey...where can I get that book????
Please send $25. Details can be obtained by DM.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I implore all humans to reject the elite minded teachings of the Prophet Raffa as Satanic accursed words and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Raffa 1:16-19

[16] He that speaketh against the prophet Raffa knoweth not his arse from his elbow.
[17] The terrible vengeance of 'Slasher June' shall befall him and there shall be a terrible weeping and a gnashing of teeth on that day.
[18] Verily, I say unto thee, think not that thou shalt escape the gnashing of teeth because thou hast none;
[19]For it is written...teeth shall be provided.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM

465 posts, read 530,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafius View Post
raffa 1:16-19

[16] he that speaketh against the prophet raffa knoweth not his arse from his elbow.
[17] the terrible vengeance of 'slasher june' shall befall him and there shall be a terrible weeping and a gnashing of teeth on that day.
[18] verily, i say unto thee, think not that thou shalt escape the gnashing of teeth because thou hast none;
[19]for it is written...teeth shall be provided.
lol!

Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM

23,178 posts, read 26,319,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Raffa 1:16-19

[16] He that speaketh against the prophet Raffa knoweth not his arse from his elbow.
[17] The terrible vengeance of 'Slasher June' shall befall him and there shall be a terrible weeping and a gnashing of teeth on that day.
[18] Verily, I say unto thee, think not that thou shalt escape the gnashing of teeth because thou hast none;
[19]For it is written...teeth shall be provided.
It is my wish that he that speaketh against the prophet Raffa find his arse and stick his up it

If I'm missing for awhile it might be that this one will that get me a vacation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality