Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 06:23 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You laugh at God.
You laugh at the Psalmist David, inspired to write, in Hebrew, that "in the sun He hath set His tabernacle"

You laugh at the Septuagint translators.
You laugh at the Douay-Rheims translators.
You laugh at the composer of the temple worship hymns discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls, for praising Him from the time the light comes forth from His residence, and in all the stations of the day.
[/color]
I laugh only at you.And I laugh very hard.There is not an intelligent pastor,preacher,or theologian that would not laugh at your ideas either.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I think the point might be, was this known at the time the Bible was written
And that wasn't much, as some of it was written in the early days of the bronze age, some of the last parts in the early days of the iron age.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And that wasn't much, as some of it was written in the early days of the bronze age, some of the last parts in the early days of the iron age.
And all of it was written before any of modern science was established. (Hey, you see something you can't understand, so you try to explain it the best way possible. That still happens even today!)

Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I laugh only at you.And I laugh very hard.There is not an intelligent pastor,preacher,or theologian that would not laugh at your ideas either.
So, in your personal doctrine, intelligence is based only upon rejecting the Word of God, and upon rejecting the translators who translated that Word into the Greek Septuagint, and upon rejecting the translators who translated that Word into the English Douay- Rheims Bible, and you reject the intelligence of the inspired hymns for worship, by the priesthood who served in the temple of God in their appointed sewasons, in Jerusalem -as recorded in the manuscript collection discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls; and of course, you reject the intelligence of God Himself, who said that He has set His tabernacle in the sun -besides all the tother things He has said that you reject.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And all of it was written before any of modern science was established. (Hey, you see something you can't understand, so you try to explain it the best way possible. That still happens even today!)
There isn't any thing that is established that is modern, or science. What you are calling established is not, and changes with the winds, seasonally. God's Word never changes, and we as a human race have not yet achieved the technological levels of the ancients before the flood, or of those who were building the tower of Bab-el, who attempted to build it so as to enter the heavenly realm of earth, which Adam got cast down from, and enter it by another way than that which God has provided by the Atonement of the Kinsman, who is the Door of entry into that realm, by His blood.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
So, in your personal doctrine, intelligence is based only upon rejecting the Word of God, and upon rejecting the translators who translated that Word into the Greek Septuagint, and upon rejecting the translators who translated that Word into the English Douay- Rheims Bible, and you reject the intelligence of the inspired hymns for worship, by the priesthood who served in the temple of God in their appointed sewasons, in Jerusalem -as recorded in the manuscript collection discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls; and of course, you reject the intelligence of God Himself, who said that He has set His tabernacle in the sun -besides all the tother things He has said that you reject.

No,I laugh at people who do not have the faculties to discern the difference between literal and allegorical passages of the Bible and who concoct wild ideas and manage to make themselves accept these wild imaginings as literally occurring events.To carry your method on,Christ becomes an actual door with a doorknob and hinges that we grasp and open to enter Heaven.Christ becomes actual bread and wine that we eat and drink.And God has an actual temple IN the Sun where He sits and watches us on Earth.

Are we clear on what I laugh at now?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
lifertexan is absolutely right YSM, you don't have one original thought in your head.

No one takes you or your posts seriously, you serve as a good example of every thing that is wrong with fundamentalist christianity, you represent anti-knowledge.
You deserve to be laughed at.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:

Are we clear on what I laugh at now?

People that don't want their beliefs laughed at, shouldn't have such funny beliefs

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
.To carry your method on,Christ becomes an actual door with a doorknob and hinges that we grasp and open to enter Heaven.
You err concerning "my method" because you know not the Scriptures.

The Door was oracled in the tabernacle, which was a pattern/type of the things in heaven, shown to Moses to copy as living oracles.
The veil at the entry to the Holy of Holies in the tabernacle which was torn from top to bottom when Jesus died, represented the human being body of Christ, "Torn for our Peace".
Hbr 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Quote:
Hebrews 10
NASV
A New and Living Way

19Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
22let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
23Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;
24and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;
Col 1:19-22
For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM

#2 [quote=lifertexan;15471937...To carry your method on...Christ becomes actual bread and wine that we eat and drink.
[/quote]Response to #2 The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us:
Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Quote:
John 6

27Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
43Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48I am that bread of life.
49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63It is the spirit that quickeneth [makes alive]; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality