Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,234,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
That is total nonsense to claim that there are two creations mentioned.
Moses wrote the complete story of Genesis, and there were no chapters and verses written by Moses. It is all one and the same story written by Moses.
This just goes to PROVE...without any doubt whatsoever...that you truly do not have the knowledge you are claiming you have...for MOSES DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING...surely, you are aware of this????? If not...I suggest you take some time to study that carefully before you make these bold and truly fallacious statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Can't explain that...I just clicked on both the link in my original post and in the one in your post and it came up both times.
EDIT......hummm.. he must have deleted the post I was responding to while I was typing
No worries. When I clicked on your link I originally got the 404 error message. Maybe C-D did something to the link because your linked worked fine on my email notification, so I did a tiny URL to see if that worked. It did, so then I tried your link in your post again, and it worked fine, so I deleted my post with the tiny URL, hopefully before anyone noticed.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:38 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,014,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
This just goes to PROVE...without any doubt whatsoever...that you truly do not have the knowledge you are claiming you have...for MOSES DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING...surely, you are aware of this????? If not...I suggest you take some time to study that carefully before you make these bold and truly fallacious statements.

You do know you are trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who claims the earth does not spin,does not rotate around the sun,and believes there is an actual temple on the sun that God lives in,right?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Actually most of our flesh is made from water...silly. Human Skin
No it's not...it's dirt...just ask Yeshua.

Facts are not real facts...and science doesn't give us facts...it is the bible that gives us the "real" facts....NOT!!!

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 08-11-2010 at 12:15 PM..

Old 08-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You do know you are trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who claims the earth does not spin,does not rotate around the sun,and believes there is an actual temple on the sun that God lives in,right?
I'm well aware of that...and she's not the only one who believes that nonsense either. I'm having a good belly laugh over the whole thing right now...Ron White said it best:

You just can't fix stupid!!!

And, as a matter of fact....I can't even relate to this kind of stupid because rational thought has left the building entirely.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,615,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post

Adam is made in the one image of God,
That means that Adam was also invisible. Eve, made from an invisible rib must thusly be invisible. And all decedents of A&E will also be invisible. That works, as I haven't seen any evidence of them on this planet. All I see are the many species, including man, that have evolved over millions and millions of years.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Why is the idea of humans being made from apes so disgusting and horrible? The bible says we were made from dirt...isn't that worse?

Lets face it, apes may be dirty, but dirt IS the mess. So our new (maybe, anyway) fundie friend says god made us from a mess....

... Hey, wait a second, that explains a lot about human behavior!
Yes, besides the fact that humans ARE apes...

Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 AM

454 posts, read 499,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And here is another one:
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." (Genesis 1: 3-5)

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." (Genesis 1:16-17)

Comment

God creates day and night on the first day and then makes the stars and the two great lights (sun and moon) on the fourth day (Genesis 1:19). How can you have day and night on the first day without a star? This describes a dramatic contradiction to the way the actual universe works. To have a day you must have a rotating planet and a sun. Genesis proves that God (or more accurately, the authors of Genesis) could not have known about the structure of the universe, or even the difference between stars and planets.
Try to come to understand this simple fact. When you think you have thoughts such as "What will I eat tonight?" "What will I do tomorrow?" "Should I change jobs?" "It's a very nice day outside" "Go Batman!" "Do I look alright?" "What is the meaning of life?" "What is the diametric consequence of fluctuations in the time space continuum?" And generally speaking, when you have one of these thoughts not much happens apart from some motivational effects may be perceived in your highly limited and impotent broken body.

When God Almighty thinks he thinks something like "Let there be light" and there is. He thinks "Devastate the earth" and the earth is devastated. He thinks "Save the world" and the world is saved. He thinks "Adam" and the first man is created.

Next time you consider Genesis please take note of how the words night and day sometimes have upper case letter and sometimes lower case letters.

When you have perhaps come to realise how creation is God's business and that it involves concepts which will only reult in your destruction if you attempt to play with them, then please consider the following Scripture:

Isaiah 55:8-11
[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
[10] For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 AM

50,140 posts, read 20,914,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Try to come to understand this simple fact. When you think you have thoughts such as "What will I eat tonight?" "What will I do tomorrow?" "Should I change jobs?" "It's a very nice day outside" "Go Batman!" "Do I look alright?" "What is the meaning of life?" "What is the diametric consequence of fluctuations in the time space continuum?" And generally speaking, when you have one of these thoughts not much happens apart from some motivational effects may be perceived in your highly limited and impotent broken body.

When God Almighty thinks he thinks something like "Let there be light" and there is. He thinks "Devastate the earth" and the earth is devastated. He thinks "Save the world" and the world is saved. He thinks "Adam" and the first man is created.

Next time you consider Genesis please take note of how the words night and day sometimes have upper case letter and sometimes lower case letters.

When you have perhaps come to realise how creation is God's business and that it involves concepts which will only reult in your destruction if you attempt to play with them, then please consider the following Scripture:

Isaiah 55:8-11
[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
[10] For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Little lady, when you pose a pending proposition such as "When you think you have thoughts such as "What will I eat tonight?" "What will I do tomorrow?" "Should I change jobs?" "It's a very nice day outside" "Go Batman!" "Do I look alright?" "What is the meaning of life?" "What is the diametric consequence of fluctuations in the time space continuum?" ...

You should conclude "..then you should could consider/conclude/wonder if.." Something. Just a hint.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:09 AM

454 posts, read 499,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Evolution doesn't say we came from apes. It says that apes(which includes humans) originated from a common progenitor. Another problem in your argument is that you're pressuposing that Adam actually existed, when in actuality he is a myth. People also aren't made of dirt. According to Creationism, you are made out out of dirt. That's one of my clues that I'm descended from Adam. I'm not denying myself, I'm just not going to believe the tall tales of religion.
You realise that Adam is a Hebrew word meaning either from the ground or mankind, depending where it is used, don't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality