Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Biblically speaking, stars are [small] lights and revolving constellations, divided/appointed unto all peoples/am under the whole heaven
Deut 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all /Hebrew "am" =peoples under the whole heaven.
Biblically speaking, the lights are for signs, seasons, days and years, for the peoples on the earth.

Gen 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:.
..and the evening and the morning were day 4.

Biblically speaking stars are also angels.
Biblically speaking, stars will fall to earth in the tribulation.

Scripturally speaking, the angels that came down to earth and took daughters of Adam as wives and begot giants by them, before the flood of Noah -and more did so after the flood- were stars/sons of God/ben elohym.
Biblically speaking, stars were not set in the heaven until day 4.
Biblically speaking, the light was created on day 1, brought forth out of the darkness, and there was no heaven until day 2.
Biblically speaking, the heavens were stretched out on day 2, by the dividing of the waters of day 1's creation.
Biblically speaking, the waters were divided into two parts; above the firmament/heaven, and below the firmament, heaven, with the heaven stretched out between them.
Biblically speaking, the sun/shemesh is not the light/owr, which was created on day 1, but a receptacle of that light/owr created on day 1, and is the greater light/menorrah created on day 4, with the moon a lesser light, and the stars as small lights [as the Book of Enoch states].
Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created theheavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. Jer 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 10:54 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Biblically speaking, stars are [small] lights and revolving constellations, divided/appointed unto all peoples/am under the whole heaven
Deut 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all /Hebrew "am" =peoples under the whole heaven.
Biblically speaking, the lights are for signs, seasons, days and years, for the peoples on the earth.

Gen 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:.
..and the evening and the morning were day 4.

Biblically speaking stars are also angels.
Biblically speaking, stars will fall to earth in the tribulation.

Scripturally speaking, the angels that came down to earth and took daughters of Adam as wives and begot giants by them, before the flood of Noah -and more did so after the flood- were stars/sons of God/ben elohym.
Biblically speaking, stars were not set in the heaven until day 4.
Biblically speaking, the light was created on day 1, brought forth out of the darkness, and there was no heaven until day 2.
Biblically speaking, the heavens were stretched out on day 2, by the dividing of the waters of day 1's creation.
Biblically speaking, the waters were divided into two parts; above the firmament/heaven, and below the firmament, heaven, with the heaven stretched out between them.
Biblically speaking, the sun/shemesh is not the light/owr, which was created on day 1, but a receptacle of that light/owr created on day 1, and is the greater light/menorrah created on day 4, with the moon a lesser light, and the stars as small lights [as the Book of Enoch states].
Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created theheavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isa 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. Jer 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

My grandmother, dead more than 50 years now, use to believe that the stars in the sky were the faces of angels looking down on earth. Her interpretation was taken from the Bible, and so to her it was true beyond questioning. The idea that stars are actually suns far away was foolishness to her. How could "they" (scientists) possibly know that? Science also tells us that "falling stars" at night aren't stars at all, but bits of space rubble burning up in the atmosphere. My grandmother wasn't buying that interpretation either. In her belief the bright flashes in the night sky were "fallen angels;" literally the souls of individuals who had passed on to Heaven, but who God was expelling from Heaven for some infraction or another. The idea that one could make it into Heaven only to be thrown out again was deeply distressing to her. She would refuse to lay outside with us in the yard on summer evenings because the possibility of seeing yet another soul being cast out of Heaven upset her so much.

This is the sort of childlike nonsense abject ignorance begets. It is a disconnect from the real world; essentially a psychotic state. Superstitious make believe is an illness that begets even deeper illness the older one becomes and the more one cocoons themselves in their make believe world. It's NOT something to be admired and sought out.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:33 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I can't rep anybody these days.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:04 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
But he didn't give the Southern Hemisphere folks a pole-star for navigation purposes. What gives?

Old 06-25-2015, 04:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But he didn't give the Southern Hemisphere folks a pole-star for navigation purposes. What gives?
They use the Southern Cross as a pointer to find the South Celestial Pole. A simple calculation and...ta da... south. It's been used since ancient times for navigation.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-25-2015 at 04:34 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 06:17 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I can't rep anybody these days.
If it will make you feel any better, Arequipa, you can rep me!

Old 06-25-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They use the Southern Cross as a pointer to find the South Celestial Pole. A simple calculation and...ta da... south. It's been used since ancient times for navigation.
But a pole star is so much more convenient.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But a pole star is so much more convenient.
Mean ol' God. Making the Maoris do math in their heads so they wouldn't paddle 2,000 miles in the wrong direction.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mean ol' God. Making the Maoris do math in their heads so they wouldn't paddle 2,000 miles in the wrong direction.
He gave them that nice Christian cross in the sky instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality