Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 PM

47,071 posts, read 26,175,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Ha! The irony of an "established theory"!
Well, your theory is trumped by the Truth.
Creationism was the prevailing hypothesis until the end of the 19th century. It was dethroned when better explanations became available. This was not an easy process, either - which is how it should be.

Quote:
Jesus said this, to the "scribes and Pharisees" who denied the Word of God and who rejected Him, who made them;
Jhn 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
I mean no disrespect, but you may as well quote the Koran, Bhagavad-Ghita or the Bodisattva at me. You were the one to bring up geology. Scripture doesn't cut it. Evidence does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post

I'd like to see you go tell someone that their 6-fingered son or daughter, or conjoined twins, or oversized kids are that way because some giant had his way with breeding with regular women and spawned gene-spliced mutants, the remnants of which we can still see to this very day. And that's why their kids are deformed the way they are. Somehow I don't think that would be very well received.

If the wings of prehistoric dragonflies couldn't survive the process (as you say), then how would you know if they had a six-foot wingspan? Imprints.

I also see you've avoided my question about faeries again. If giants were real, were faeries also real?
Sorry, I am not interested in your fairy tales.
Giant skeletons have been discovered and written about for millennia, in Europe and also in other places around the globe. Giants built cities which lie in ruins around the globe to this day, also, and which can be visited in person or by books. The Word of God is verified by the records of such.

Fossil dragonflys complete with fossilized wings prove that uniforitarianism is a myth, as the delicate wings would never have survived to become fossilized over a long period of time.

"Billions of dead things buried in rock layers laid down by water all over the earth" prove Noah's flood, as the Word of God tells of it; and fossilization happened fast, not over long periods of time, as the fossil record proves.

Conjoined twins are not the offspring of "giants" I never implied any such thing -and you are being ridiculous . Enoch said the sons of God taught "cutting of roots" to their wives. The translator had no idea what cutting of roots was; but today we know they did some genetic manipulation to get sons from their Adam wives, initially.
Enoch also said they mixed "kinds", and of course, they did it by manipulation, for God's created kinds do not cross the barriers God set at creation, for each kind.

And so? There seem to be persons in the world who can trace their ancestors back to giants. That is just history, which you should go read some of. If their father's line is direct to a giant, then they are of the dead -the rapha, and not of Adam. The marks of the spirit of the giants were manifested in extreme vileness, vulgarity, cruelty, cannibalism, sodomy, and violence. They are "tyrants" who have no human love, hate all that is of the one True God, and who blaspheme continously. They have no natural affection for their children or spouses.
Humans can be demonized; and under the power of these demons [who are disembodied offspring of the giants, who roam earth as a curse to Adam until they are gathered by the angels at Jesus' return and cast into the lake of fire], A person born into the human race of Adam can also be completely given over to all of the above, or some of the above; and the only way they will ever be free is to be set free by Jesus Christ.

There Were Giants in Those Days: Six Toes- Double Rows of Teeth

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,951,962 times
Default Fakery; just plain fakery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You know, once when I was a kid who enjoyed Short Wave Radio, I sent a letter to Radio Havana Cuba, and would you believe, I never got a response. Well, I guess that proves it, Radio Cuba never existed. And I gave them a chance to prove themselves to me.

Welcome aboard! I'm also a HAM! VE4.. well, you'll have to guess the rest.

Of course e-mail is somewhat more reliable than shortwave, and in addition, you must know that Cuba has consistently denied their citizens from communicating with the US. Politics; what can you do, eh?

So, again, you deflect with unrelated stories and false logic. Typical.

The El Toro figurines have been tested four times, and each time they have been shown to be thousands of years old.

Using patently incorrect techniques. First off: C14 is totally inappropriate for inorganic material, because rocks do not take up the isotope because they were never alive. Then, second, by their own stupid statement, they say they used X-Ray fluorescence before it was even developed. Wow! A time machine in the basement!

They were just hoping to impress with BS, Tom. Fact.

Your half hearted attempt to contact Acambara does not impress me.

And what exactly was half-hearted about it? E-mails are listed in the city directory, and I got confirmation that they all, all four of them, received my request, but they chose not to answer. Not exactly like SW, now is it? No limits to Mexicans communicating with Americans, or with Canadian Universities who happen to specialize in modern X-Ray fluorescence dating.

Of course you don't want to be impressed.
You want to ignore my efforts. Of course. And yet, you're completely and easily swept off your illiterate mindset by some singular fakery footprint. You don't even ask for a second opinion! Didn't you check out those images of footprints I provided? The Baugh-fakes are not human, Tom. Or they were chiseled by an idiot.

And why should I deny what other independent groups confirmed.

Because they were technically incorrect and the wrong techniques? That good enough? If I told you I tested a sample for pH (acidity, Tom) using a yardstick ruler, would you believe that? How about measuring your height using a toaster oven? Or room temperature with a can of Pepsi? Work for you? Well, apparently. If a fundy says it, it MUST be so, huh? Even if it's patently wrong.

They could test the El Toro figurines 500 times, yet I believe you would deny any result that does not fit your worldview.

My worldview is based on documented study results, not mis-information. I was willing to test your figurines and report back what I and my "U" found. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find that you e-mailed them and "nixed" the deal to hide the truth!

You, on the other hand, do not give any of the overwhelming masses of evidence even a second glance. You're proven obstinant and intransigent. Simple as that!

Because I don't believe evidence impresses you. Only if the evidence confirms your personal beliefs, do I believe you would consider it. Most of you guys come here and deny what others have discovered for no other reason then it does not agree with your belief system.

Nope. We just haven't seen even one case of standardized, peer-reviewed scientific examination. Just fakery on a grand and persistent scale. And why is that, one may well ask?

You don't have to use science to deny their findings, you only have to give your personal opinion that is not backed by any scientific review. Please, don't come here playing the scientist

I don't need to play "scientist", Tom.

when your opinion is based on personal bias, and not facts.

Your basis for this insulting and fabricated accusation?

And I have found believers in evolution really like to avoid those out of place fossils found in your Geological Column. Of course it requires no scientific review to ignore this evidence either. All you need do is just ignore the obvious, and then say it is untrue. I see this all the time with you guys. Everyone who tries to show you this evidence is either branded a liar, or you say the evidence is faked. And you guys do this, without any scientific review. This is not science, this is just your personal bias.
Nope. We always look into it, and into the methodologies, and the availability of the materials in order to re-check and confirm the findings. Just as with any other scientific study; data and samples are always available for confirmation. Except with Christian claims. If they were so confident, they'd happily provide us with the opportunities.

Dependably, they do not. Why? Because it's ALL a big hoax; everything we examine, not just the artifacts, but the entirety of Christianity. We now expect this from the apologists; they know what's at stake, and they will defend the fable until the death, whether they must lie or not. Quite un-Christian, if you ask me...

That part's been reliably proven, and this case you so insistently defend is no different.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:47 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,951,962 times
Default gather aronud me, all yee who do not question... I have a story to sell you!

Boy, talk about a lack of scientific literacy and common sense, YSM!

Fossilized dragonflies do not provide separate and delicate fossilized wings! Who have you been listening to? We only find the impression of their wings in the surrounding sediment levels. Fact.

http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.u..._insect006.jpg

And as for a unitary globalized flood, how come we have literally tens of thousands (if not millions) of years of sedimentary deposition readily countable, with fossils of different levels of phylogenic development placed amongst them? Why not one massive, thick unitary layer of all the animals and plants that would have been killed off together?

http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie..._Canyon_23.jpg

And then there's that nasty little truth about the number of species Noah would have to have taken aboard (most conservative estimate: 600 million), but there's not enough room here to inject sense into your stubborn head, esp. when you know so little about biology, physics and even basic reproductive ecology requirements.

And their probability for survival in a dead, vegetation-free salt-soaked world after disembarkation. Dropped off, quite inconveniently, at the 18,000 foot level on Mt. Ararat? Where there's not enough oxygen for most animals, including man, to survive for more than about an hour (Why do you suppose the oxygen masks in aircraft drop when the pressure drops below that equivalent to that available at the 10,00 foot level? huh? I can't heeeaaaar you....)

http://www.c-f-c.com/supportdocs/abo4.htm

(Oh pooh, rifleman. you always bring up inconsequential little biological details! Stop it, won't you? Spoils our phunn!)

http://coad.net/blog/images/Noah_27s..._20Cartoon.jpg

At least your posts are humorous. Sad but humorous....

Last edited by rifleman; 08-12-2009 at 01:56 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,663,555 times
Quote:
Sorry, I am not interested in your fairy tales.

How fair of you is that? You obviously feel they are imaginary. And yet you carry on about giants up to 30+ feet tall, as well as human/insect creatures.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,860,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So you say you saw the original, that's funny, I don't know of to many that can make that claim. Could you give us a little more info on this?

And if it has been reworked, are you sure you are speaking about the fossil discovered in July of 2000?

And how do you know it has been reworked? Especially taking into consideration there has been no scientific review.

And if your gong to make claims like this, could you provide us with a link?
I really don't care about convincing you with links to reports, etc. My point is that you are going to have a tough time convincing me, afterall, that is what you are trying to do, that Carl's print is what he claims it to be, since I have actually been to the site, seen the tracks, seen tracks that were obviously fabricated to appear human, naturally worn ripple marks in tracks made to look human, etc. The originals prints are still there along the creekside and are free for the viewing for anyone that wants to walk the outcrop along the creek bed. Why is this the only example of the "human" print. Shouldn't there be several human prints, like there are several dino prints? The smaller tridactyl prints have the impression of a tail dragging between them. Are you saying that humans use to have tails? Why does Baugh not present his print for scientific review? Why don't you present the print for scientific review to Baylor University, for instance, and we'll take a look at the findings. What is he hiding, hmm?

Did you know that there are wagon wheel ruts in the Austin Chalk along the river beds through Round Rock, Texas? Does this mean that wagons were driven across Texas during the Cretaceous Period? That is the level level of evidence that people were diving wagons next to the river during the Cretaceous, as Baugh's print.

It would behoove you to at least try to avoid these arguments that even AIG recommends not using anymore.

Get Answers - Answers in Genesis

Last edited by PanTerra; 08-12-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Boy, talk about a lack of scientific literacy and common sense, YSM!

Fossilized dragonflies do not provide separate and delicate fossilized wings! Who have you been listening to? We only find the impression of their wings in the surrounding sediment levels. Fact.
fossils of giant dragonflies have been found, with wings.
GeoKansas--Fossil Isects

This article states the largest dragonfly fossil had a wingspan of 29 inches, but I have read of larger than that found.

You seem to miss the point in your semi-knowledge of what fossilization entails. You seem to have a magical belief in fossils having been created over eons from a creature lying in the dirt intact, without decomposing or being eaten, for eons, while dust layers settle on the dead creature, which magically leaves its impression or form with minerals having replaced its cells.

Fossils are proof of the flood of Naoh. They are "Billions of Dead Things Buried in Rock Layers Laid Down By Water All Over the Earth".

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-12-2009 at 11:49 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
How fair of you is that? You obviously feel they are imaginary. And yet you carry on about giants up to 30+ feet tall, as well as human/insect creatures.
If you want to do a research on "fairies" that is for you to do. This is not about "fairies". This is about hard evidences which exist which prove that evolution is a fairy tale.

There were giant skeletons discovered much taller than 30 ft, which were recorded by Roman historians only 2,000 years ago. And those before the flood were unfathomably tall. The size of the giants was diminished in the interbreeding with daughters of Adam after the flood, and decreased in size over the the next few thousand years. The fossil evidence shows that the size of most all creatures and creation [at least as adults, cause all begin small]] has diminished, this side of the flood.

Human/insect, human/fish, human/beast, human/fowl creatures were made by the mixing of kinds by genetic manipulation before and after the flood, which knowledge to do was taught mankind by the fallen angels, as the Book of 1 Enoch and the Book of Giants [also written by Enoch in the DSS collection], and the Book of Jasher written by Moses, state -and other ancient books also state.
In the OT, there is also a lion-el/god =son of God =fallen angel, mixed creature that was slain by a man in Moab, where the creatures called "Emmim=Terrors" lived, who were counted as giants by the Israelites.
In the Book of Jasher chapter 36:28 -35, one sort of the mixed kinds called "Terrors" in Hebrew, is described.
Quote:
...vs 31 And afterward about one hundred and twenty great and terrible animals came out from the wilderness at the other side of the sea, and they all came to the place where the asses were, and they placed themselves there. And those animals, from their middle downward, were in the shape of the children of men, and from their middle upward, some had the likeness of bears, and some the likeness of the keephas, with tails behind them from between their shoulders reaching down to the earth, like the tails of the ducheephath, and these animals came and mounted and rode upon these asses, and led them away, and they went away unto this day. And one of these animals approached Anah and smote him with his tail, and then fled from that place.And when he saw this work he was exceedingly afraid of his life, and he fled and escaped to the city. And he related to his sons and brothers all that had happened to him, and many men went to seek the asses but could not find them, and Anah and his brothers went no more to that place from that day following, for they were greatly afraid of their lives.
Quote:
Deu 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
"Emim" means "terror, dread".

The same is verified in the OT. The Septuagint to English states:
Quote:
Genesis 36:24 And these are the sons of Sebegon; Aie, and Ana; this is the Ana who found Jamin [terrors] in the wilderness, when he tended the beasts of his father Sebegon.
The fall of the Tower at Babel and the confounding of the language and the subsequent spreading abroad of the tribes divided by tongues and the dividing of the one land mass by YHWH's doing so as to further divide and separate the tribes of Adam/man, was to put a brake on man -in league with fallen angels and demons- from doing whatsoever he imagined in his heart to do, until His plan for earth was completed in that He has His sons adopted out of Adam for His Glory to indwell in the regeneration of all things. And the imagination of man's heart is only evil from youth, without its being established in wisdom and righteousness by seeking the Light that lights every man that comes into the world, in order that men may seek Him who seeks them; and he that seeks finds, or is found of God.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-12-2009 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 12:24 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,663,555 times
Quote:
If you want to do a research on "fairies" that is for you to do. This is not about "fairies". This is about hard evidences which exist which prove that evolution is a fairy tale.

There were giant skeletons discovered much taller than 30 ft, which were recorded by historians only 2,000 years ago by Roman historians. And those before the flood were incredibly tall. The size of the giants was diminished in the interbreeding with daughters of Adam after the flood, and decreased in size over the the next few thousand years. The fossil evidence shows that the size of most all creatures and creation [at least as adults, cause all begin small]] has diminished, this side of the flood.

Okay, so the Roman historians wrote about discovering giant skeletons taller than 30 ft. Human skeletons? Or animal skeletons? (Source of information, please) There are also legends of giant cyclops in that part of the world. In fact, skulls have been found that were most likely the source of the myth. Did these dreadful monsters exist?
Cyclops Myth Spurred by "One-Eyed" Fossils?

What I really like to see is a half human with an insect abdomen. Any of those still walking around? After all if it involved genetics.... Come to think of it, there have been a few modern Mothman sightings.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Okay, so the Roman historians wrote about discovering giant skeletons taller than 30 ft. Human skeletons? Or animal skeletons? (Source of information, please) There are also legends of giant cyclops in that part of the world. In fact, skulls have been found that were most likely the source of the myth. Did these dreadful monsters exist?
Cyclops Myth Spurred by "One-Eyed" Fossils?

What I really like to see is a half human with an insect abdomen. Any of those still walking around? After all if it involved genetics.... Come to think of it, there have been a few modern Mothman sightings.
I edited my post above yours to include this:
Quote:
In the OT, there is also a 'ariy/lion-el/god =son of God =fallen angel, mixed creature that was slain by a man in Moab, where the creatures called "Emmim=Terrors" lived, who were counted as giants by the Israelites.
Quote:
2 Sam 23:20 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many acts, he slew two lion/'ariy el/god* of Moab:
* Hebrew language says lion-el, a mixed creature
In the Book of Jasher chapter 36:28 -35, one sort of the mixed kinds called "Terrors" in Hebrew, is described. Quote:
...vs 31 And afterward about one hundred and twenty great and terrible animals came out from the wilderness at the other side of the sea, and they all came to the place where the asses were, and they placed themselves there. And those animals, from their middle downward, were in the shape of the children of men, and from their middle upward, some had the likeness of bears, and some the likeness of the keephas, with tails behind them from between their shoulders reaching down to the earth, like the tails of the ducheephath, and these animals came and mounted and rode upon these asses, and led them away, and they went away unto this day. And one of these animals approached Anah and smote him with his tail, and then fled from that place.And when he saw this work he was exceedingly afraid of his life, and he fled and escaped to the city. And he related to his sons and brothers all that had happened to him, and many men went to seek the asses but could not find them, and Anah and his brothers went no more to that place from that day following, for they were greatly afraid of their lives.
Quote:
Deu 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
"Emim" means "terror, dread".

The same is verified in the OT. The Septuagint to English states: Quote:
Genesis 36:24 And these are the sons of Sebegon; Aie, and Ana; this is the Ana who found Jamin [terrors] in the wilderness, when he tended the beasts of his father Sebegon.
The fall of the Tower at Babel and the confounding of the language and the subsequent spreading abroad of the tribes divided by tongues and the dividing of the one land mass by YHWH's doing so as to further divide and separate the tribes of Adam/man, was to put a brake on man -in league with fallen angels and demons- from doing whatsoever he imagined in his heart to do, until His plan for earth was completed in that He has His sons adopted out of Adam for His Glory to indwell in the regeneration of all things. And the imagination of man's heart is only evil from youth, without its being established in wisdom and righteousness by seeking the Light that lights every man that comes into the world, in order that men may seek Him who seeks them; and he that seeks finds, or is found of God.
Now, as to the mixing of kinds, The book of the giants written by Enoch in the DSS collection, translated to English, says:
Quote:
1Q23 Frag. 1 + 6 [ . . . two hundred] 2 donkeys, two hundred asses, two hundred . . . rams of the] 3 flock, two hundred goats, two hundred [ . . . beast of the] 4 field from every animal, from every [bird . . . ] 5 [ . . . ] for miscegenation [ . . . ]
4Q531 Frag. 2 [ . . . ] they defiled [ . . . ] 2 [ . . . they begot] giants [nephillim] and monsters [ . . . ] 3 [ . . . ] they begot, and, behold, all [the earth was corrupted . . . ] 4 [ . . . ] with its blood and by the hand of [ . . . ] 5 [giant's] which did not suffice for them and [ . . . ] 6 [ . . . ] and they were seeking to devour many [ . . . ] 7 [ . . . ] 8 [ . . . ] the monsters attacked it.
And 1 Enoch says
Quote:
[CENTER] [Chapter 7][/CENTER]
1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells* [others give 450 ft]: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.
This caused the flood of Noah to be sent to cleanse the earth, because all flesh was corrupted -mixed up unlawfully, to provoke God, by the teachings of the sons of God to the Adam race by teaching their daughter of Adam wives the 'secrets' of gene splicing, among other "secrets".

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-12-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality