Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 06:36 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,025,659 times

Advertisements

Campbell, you're misunderstanding what evolution says. For one, evolution doesn't say we came from apes, it says we came from a common ancestor. Why do creationists have such a hard time grasping that simple fact? Also, evolution doesn't work in a linear fashion. Imagine it more in the form of a tree. I also have a question for you. If you don't believe in evolution, does that mean you don't use antibiotics? If you do use them then you are proving that evolution is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 06:41 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I've posted several times in this forum regarding the total LACK of linear progression--of various bipedal hominids living contemporaneously in Africa before the evolution of Homo erectus and the subsequent NUMEROUS migrations out of Africa..
I think the problem is that Campbell34 and other creationists don't really understand what 9th grade words like "linear" or "nonlinear" even mean. Remember most of them were educated in either one room church classrooms or in their parents basements using The Bible and garbage textbooks from Discovery Institute, AiG etc as source material.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:41 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Campbell, you're misunderstanding what evolution says. For one, evolution doesn't say we came from apes, it says we came from a common ancestor. Why do creationists have such a hard time grasping that simple fact? Also, evolution doesn't work in a linear fashion. Imagine it more in the form of a tree. I also have a question for you. If you don't believe in evolution, does that mean you don't use antibiotics? If you do use them then you are proving that evolution is the truth.
Darwin believed mankind descended from apes. The title page of Darwin's Descent of Man, from 1871, states this fact of Darwin's anti-God racist belief.
Darwin fostered Hitler's Nazi racism. Darwin is the founder of the doctrines of racism. Darwin's racist anti-God doctrines were followed by "freethinkers", and were the reason why an Australian native was brought to a zoo in the US, and caged in the zoo as a part ape-human, in the 1800's. The poor native Australian man committed suicide, and his blood is on Darwin's hands, and is on the hands of all who followed and promoted the anti-God racist, Darwin.

An 1871 review of Charles Darwin's Descent of Man
Quote:
We shall merely attempt to give a bare outline of Mr. Darwin's argument in his last work, without more than the most cursory glance at the more remote conclusions from his theories, or the difficulties which may be opposed to them. The point, as we need hardly say, which Mr. Darwin seeks to demonstrate is that man is descended from the great apes.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,780,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Darwin is the founder of the doctrines of racism.
Racist ideas were around before Darwin was even a glimmer in his father's eye.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:11 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:
Darwin believed mankind descended from apes. The title page of Darwin's Descent of Man, from 1871, states this fact of Darwin's anti-God racist belief.
Darwin fostered Hitler's Nazi racism. Darwin is the founder of the doctrines of racism.
Wrong. 1500 years of anti-semitism in Christian Europe (especially the teachings of Martin Luther) fostered Hitler's racism. The Nazi's rejected Darwinian evolution and burned Darwin's books along with other knowledge deemed "dangerous" to the reich's ideology.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."
-Adolf Hitler

"The Catholic Church considered the Jews pestilent for fifteen hundred years, put them in ghettos, etc, because it recognized the Jews for what they were".... I recognize the representatives of this race as pestilent for the state and for the church and perhaps I am thereby doing Christianity a great service by pushing them out of schools and public functions."
-Adolf Hitler, 26 April 1933

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler
, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Hitler's views were far more in line with right wing conservatives and creationism:

Like a creationist, Hitler asserts fixity of kinds:
The fox remains always a fox, the goose remains a goose, and the tiger will retain the character of a tiger. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. i, ch. xi

Like a creationist, Hitler claims that God made man:

For it was by the Will of God that men were made of a certain bodily shape, were given their natures and their faculties. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. ii, ch. x

Like a creationist, Hitler affirms that humans existed "from the very beginning", and could not have evolved from apes:

"From where do we get the right to believe, that from the very beginning Man was not what he is today? Looking at Nature tells us, that in the realm of plants and animals changes and developments happen. But nowhere inside a kind shows such a development as the breadth of the jump , as Man must supposedly have made, if he has developed from an ape-like state to what he is today." - Adolf Hitler, Hitler's Tabletalk (Tischgesprache im Fuhrerhauptquartier)

Like a creationist, Hitler believes that man was made in God's image, and in the expulsion from Eden:

Whoever would dare to raise a profane hand against that highest image of God among His creatures would sin against the bountiful Creator of this marvel and would collaborate in the expulsion from Paradise.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol ii, ch. i

Like a creationist, Hitler believes that:
God ... sent [us] into this world with the commission to struggle for our daily bread. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol ii, ch. xiv

Like a creationist, Hitler claims Jesus as his inspiration:

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them. - Adolf Hitler, speech, April 12 1922, published in My New Order

Like a creationist, Hitler despises secular schooling:

Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith . . . we need believing people. - Adolf Hitler, Speech, April 26, 1933

Like a creationist, Hitler wished to make prayer compulsory in public schools. Unlike American creationists, he succeeded.

Hitler even goes so far as to claim that Creationism is what sets humans apart from the animals:
"The most marvelous proof of the superiority of Man, which puts man ahead of the animals, is the fact that he understands that there must be a Creator." - Adolf Hitler, Hitler's Tabletalk (Tischgesprache im Fuhrerhauptquartier)

So why does he mention evolution at all? On examination, he is talking of differences within species --- of the "micro-evolution" that creationists profess to believe in:

"The fox remains always a fox, the goose remains a goose, and the tiger will retain the character of a tiger. The only difference that can exist within the species must be in the various degrees of structural strength and active power, in the intelligence, efficiency, endurance, etc., with which the individual specimens are endowed." (Mein Kampf, vol. i, ch. xi)

It is not surprising that Hitler should have found creationist views so attractive. A man who will not admit people of other races to be his brothers is hardly likely to embrace animals of other species as his cousins.

Last edited by MrBlueSky_; 08-22-2009 at 08:26 PM..

Old 08-22-2009, 08:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,763,243 times
MrBlueSky--Excellent post. Articulate and intelligent. Two reasons that it will fly right over the head of your intended audience. Wish I could rep you but I've got to spread the love around.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:50 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,058,738 times
The best Godwin's law EVER

Bookmarked

Old 08-22-2009, 09:03 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Wrong. 1500 years of anti-semitism in Christian Europe (especially the teachings of Martin Luther) fostered Hitler's racism.
Hitler was a student of Darwin, but not of Luther. There is no comparison of Luther's writings and actions with Hitler's speeches and actions. How hideous of you to regurgitate that lie.

Connecting Hitler and Darwin
Connecting Hitler and Darwin - HUMAN EVENTS

Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,894,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to believers in Evolution, a missing link refers to gaps in knowledge between homo sapiens, and the presumed beast we evolved from. And according to Nature magazine's editor Henry Gee. Such a belief in a 'missing link' (IS BUNK). Why do you find it interesting that I would use science to refute evolution? You see, I knew Evolution was false because of the Bible, science is just beginning to learn that evolution is false because they ignored the Bible. Yet, given enought time, science is starting to see the error of their way.

And what is becoming more obvious now, is that some of your die hard believers in Evolution are starting to sound more like Creation scientist. Bernard Wood, of George Washington University states. Indeed, the discovery strengthens the argument that humans did not evolve in a linear progression from apes that roamed the planet 10 million years ago.

If you really believe this discovery puts another nail in the Bibles coffin, why are hard line believers in Evolution distancing themselves now from one of Evolutions main beliefs?
Ya know, I quit drinkin' Tequila because of Hallucinations like this one.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 PM

47,041 posts, read 26,135,090 times
Quote:
There is no comparison of Luther's writings and actions with Hitler's speeches and actions.
Guess who wrote this:

Quote:
First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly * and I myself was unaware of it * will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.
Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.
The man's words condemn him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality