Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,805,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
My Biblical account does not require constant changes, because the truth is constant.
Yeah right. Your "Biblical account" has been revised countless times through the ages, ever since it was originally PLAGIARIZED off of the Sumerians and Egyptians. And ever since science started proving time again your fairytales false, you and your ilk have had to make new ***** up just to TRY and get the Bible to match some semblence of reality. Even then you fail miserably.

Quote:
Would you believe, there are still people from my generation who still believe that picture showing the monkey, and all the higher life forms inbetween as they assend to the level of man.
Why not... there are still morons who believe in Adam and Eve, talking snakes, a 6000 year old earth, global floods, sky zombies, etc etc.

At least the monkey to man belief is *somewhat* in line with reality..

Quote:
Of course this was just more junk science, but they got a lot of people to believe it.
Yeah, so did the travelling troupe of actors and magicians who wrote and propagated the Jesus myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:11 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,476,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Are you serious about Evolution being a fairy tale? If so you need to go read the definition again, your Bible fits the profile to a T!! Let me see, Evolution gives real possible answers while the bible says:

1.Adam and eve ( who by the way were made from dirt and ribs) talked to a snake ( which we know cant talk)

2. A global flood for 18 months where a 900 year old man and his family loaded up enough food and supplies for millions of animals ( including meat eaters and dinos) on an ark that could not possibly be built, especially when there were not nearly enough wood to build it in the dessert. Then landed and somehow repopulated the Earth with billions of people and plants of millions if not billions of different species in a very short time, oh not to mention the different languages, cultures and colors of the people.

3.That a man was murdered ( who claimed to be the son of God), stuck on a cross only to come back to walk the earth, with absolutely NO EVIDENCE of any of this happening oh and NO EVIDENCE or records of ANY OF it in any other civilization at the time.

Yea, Evolution is a real fairy tale.
Silly!
1 Adam's flesh body was made from the dust of earth, for his created spirit and created individual soul to indwell. The Adam person woman/ishyah was built from the rib bone [with flesh] taken from the Adam person male/ish, with a share/remnant of the same created one Adam spirit. When the Bible speaks on those things, it is real "science".

2 a.The flood of Noah was not as you said, you are silly to reply to something that you know nothing about.
The fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were opened and flooded the earth for forty days and forty nights, with the waters rising to 15 cubits above the mountains, before abating. The waters were abated and the land was dry before Noah and company were allowed to go out, one year from the date of going into the Ark

b. Noah was six hundred years old when the flood waters were upon the earth.
c. The Ark was plenty big for all the created kinds to go in, in pairs of male and female; seven pair of the clean animals and one pair of the unclean animals.
d. There was no storing of carrion on the Ark for anything to eat, only of vegetation which was eaten by all flesh on the ark.
e Noah was white, his sons were white, black, and red, as the Book of 1 Enoch teaches. All tribes of earth descended from the three sons of Noah and their wives, with isolation of tribes causing loss of genetic information and less diversity among the separated tribes than when they were all one people, with one language -as Genesis 9 states.

f There was only one language given to Adam at creation, and that one was mingled up, into 70 languages, at the time of the fall of the tower of Babel. At the time of the fall of the tower of Babel, men's lives began to be shortened and the land mass began to be divided, because of the rebellion of mankind at Babel.
The one language mingled to 70 continued to spread out, into over 5,000, and all from the one mother tongue, as men continued to spread over the globe/tebel/world.

g Population statistics work well, beginning with the time of the end of the flood of Noah to today, but population stats do not work with the long ages of the fable of evolution.

3 There is more historical evidence for Jesus Christ than there is for many ancient figures, like Julius Caesar.
b He is alive and has given me life. I am adopted into His Living Spirit and know Him as my "Father", who ever lives to make intercession for me before the Glory, above. I know Him as my personal Savior and Lord. He hears my prayers and answers me.
There are billions of us who have come to know Him since He came in flesh and died for our sins and rose from the dead, ascended to heaven and sent the foretaste of Glory to us, as a down payment on that which we will receive when we are regenerated in body by Him at the time of the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the living saints -coming soon.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,712,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Silly!
1 Adam's flesh body was made from the dust of earth, for his created spirit and created individual soul to indwell. The Adam person woman/ishyah was built from the rib bone [with flesh] taken from the Adam person male/ish, with a share/remnant of the same created one Adam spirit. When the Bible speaks on those things, it is real "science".

2 a.The flood of Noah was not as you said, you are silly to reply to something that you know nothing about.
The fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were opened and flooded the earth for forty days and forty nights, with the waters rising to 15 cubits above the mountains, before abating. The waters were abated and the land was dry before Noah and company were allowed to go out, one year from the date of going into the Ark

b. Noah was six hundred years old when the flood waters were upon the earth.
c. The Ark was plenty big for all the created kinds to go in, in pairs of male and female; seven pair of the clean animals and one pair of the unclean animals.
d. There was no storing of carrion on the Ark for anything to eat, only of vegetation which was eaten by all flesh on the ark.
e Noah was white, his sons were white, black, and red, as the Book of 1 Enoch teaches. All tribes of earth descended from the three sons of Noah and their wives, with isolation of tribes causing loss of genetic information and less diversity among the separated tribes than when they were all one people, with one language -as Genesis 9 states.

f There was only one language given to Adam at creation, and that one was mingled up, into 70 languages, at the time of the fall of the tower of Babel. At the time of the fall of the tower of Babel, men's lives began to be shortened and the land mass began to be divided, because of the rebellion of mankind at Babel.
The one language mingled to 70 continued to spread out, into over 5,000, and all from the one mother tongue, as men continued to spread over the globe/tebel/world.

g Population statistics work well, beginning with the time of the end of the flood of Noah to today, but population stats do not work with the long ages of the fable of evolution.

3 There is more historical evidence for Jesus Christ than there is for many ancient figures, like Julius Caesar.
b He is alive and has given me life. I am adopted into His Living Spirit and know Him as my "Father", who ever lives to make intercession for me before the Glory, above. I know Him as my personal Savior and Lord. He hears my prayers and answers me.
There are billions of us who have come to know Him since He came in flesh and died for our sins and rose from the dead, ascended to heaven and sent the foretaste of Glory to us, as a down payment on that which we will receive when we are regenerated in body by Him at the time of the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the living saints -coming soon.
No,what is SILLY which is actually a kind word for it, is your response. Absolutely filled with nothing. but I didnt expect anything. Please dont respond to the posts if you can not post something credible, and NO the bible is far from credible.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Your whole post is a hysterical farce, but this line especially deserves a special ROTFLMAO.

Hate to break it to you (not really) but there is NO historical evidence for Jeebus, sorry!

Quote:
Really? So all the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) died of starvation?
You do know that according to your fellow nutcase creationist comrades, that animals were vegetarian in EDEN and then some (why not all?) became carnivorous after the "fall" (i.e. BEFORE the fairytale flood)

And I do feel sorry for all the herbivores who had to survive off rotten veggies for a year on the ark. Somehow I don't think they'd survive..

Last edited by MrBlueSky_; 08-24-2009 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post

Really? So all the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) died of starvation?
You know the light that lit you when you came into the world and which you have hardened yourself to, searing your conscience by that hardening, is Christ. He is come in flesh, and His name is "Salvation" and He promised to never leave or forsake His own adopted [born again] sons/daughters. He lives.
Lions and tigers and bears were also given vegetation to eat -and they still do eat vegetation. We've seen bears eat skunk cabbage and berries, and I know they eat more than that in vegetation; and answers in Genesis carried the story of a lion in a zoo that refused to eat meat [a throwback], and of course tigers are the same kind as lions, anyway, represented by only one feline pair of ancestors on the Ark.
And FYI, the ancients knew how to preserve food by drying it and pickling it, and also by sealing it after sterilizing it. Noah & co were more technologically advanced than modern man is, yet. Nuts and berries and roots and herbs go a long way when preserved.
And gather unto thee all food that is eaten by all the animals, that there may be food for thee and for them.
Book of Jasher 5:31; And gather unto thee all food that is eaten by all the animals, that there may be food for thee and for them.
Gen 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so.

and in the millennial reign-
Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Quote:
The lion that wouldn’t eat meat

by David Catchpoole
Earlier this century, A female African lion, born and raised in America, lived her entire lifetime of nine years without ever eating meat.1 In fact, her owners, Georges and Margaret Westbeau,2 alarmed by scientists’ reports that carnivorous animals cannot live without meat, went to great lengths to try to coax their unusual pet (‘Little Tyke’) to develop a taste for it...
My daughter's dog does not like much meat and gets sick if we feed him very much of it -and he is allergic to chicken, anyway.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-24-2009 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,671,190 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
In that case the wolf and the lion will need a different set of teeth because the ones they have now are evolved (that word you don't like) for tearing flesh. They would also need new digestive systems and it wouldn't be necessary for them to be able to have claws or run fast. Afterall, if they're going to dine on a potato or carrot they won't have to run it down before they kill it. And the bit about serpents-are we talking about snakes like rattlesnakes, gartersnakes or whatever? The really sounds like a superstitious statement that is supposedly connected to that nasty serpent in the garden of eden.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You know the light that lit you when you came into the world and which you have hardened yourself to, searing your conscience by that hardening, is Christ.
No. that "light that lit me" was a overhead lamp in a hospital delivery room.

Christ was a fictional figure ripped off of the earlier cults of Mithras, Dionysus, Horus, etc etc etc

Quote:
And FYI, the ancients knew how to preserve food by drying it and pickling it, and also by sealing it after sterilizing it. Noah & co were more technologically advanced than modern man is, yet.
So did they pickle enough for the animals to eat after the flood? All the vegetables that the animals had become acclimated to eating, which was destroyed and made extinct in the flood?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,807,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
For if it were not for Darwin, you would be looking for some other theory of mans orgin to believe.
Not quite. Darwin wasn't the only person in his day who could claim the idea of evolution. His particular theory was basically just more...well...correct. And even if that weren't true, someone else would have figured it out before long. Once you actually understand the theory, it seems painfully obvious when you look at the world around you. I should know, because I used to be just like you. But despite believing I knew all about it, I didn't really have even a decent grasp on the TOE.

Quote:
...you are silly to reply to something that you know nothing about.
You desperately need to take your own advice.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

In that case the wolf and the lion will need a different set of teeth because the ones they have now are evolved (that word you don't like) for tearing flesh. ..
Wolves are canines, and canines eat berries, melons, and leafy green things.. One daughter's dog ate our apples every time they came to visit for a few days, when the apples were falling from the trees. -Oh, and cherries, the dogs loved the cherries!

This lion refused to eat meat all its life long.
Quote:

by David Catchpoole
Earlier this century, A female African lion, born and raised in America, lived her entire lifetime of nine years without ever eating meat.1 In fact, her owners, Georges and Margaret Westbeau,2 alarmed by scientists’ reports that carnivorous animals cannot live without meat, went to great lengths to try to coax their unusual pet (‘Little Tyke’) to develop a taste for it...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Not quite. Darwin wasn't the only person in his day who could claim the idea of evolution. His particular theory was basically just more...well...correct.
Darwin has been debunked by evolutionists who had to admit he knew nothing, when his theories were proved false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality