Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 06:49 PM

140 posts, read 531,937 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the Bible all the way through, but I do remember part of it saying "the son of the devil shall rise in politics." It just seems to me that we've had a lot of natural and historic disasters since George W. has been in office. 9/11 happened on his watch, hurricane Katrina happened on his watch, and he keeps sending our troops into certain death despite the fact that most of us (at least it seems that way) want the war to end and bring our troops home. Is he the anti-Christ or just a bad president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 06:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times

Close to it !.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:24 PM

140 posts, read 531,937 times
That man frightens me. I think he spends more time on the war and traveling overseas than he does in his own country. And I strongly believe he cheated his way into both his terms. I don't know anyone who vote for him (I certainly didn't), and it's a little fishy that the "miscount" of votes on his first term just happened to be in Florida, where his brother Jeb was governor or some high political position. That was no accident. And something similar happened again the second term. My only consolation is that he can't run anymore after this, EVER. Thank God. I think Bart Simpson or Al Bundy could do a better job. I feel sorry for the next president who has to clean up Bush's mess.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:31 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Hmmm, Bush: 9-11, Katrina, questionable war

Clinton: 93 WTC, USS Cole, Floyd, bombing of medicine plant (alleged WMD production site)

Looks pretty similar to me. Just Bush's are a much larger scale of the same stuff. Does that make him the anti-Christ? Could Clinton be the anti-Christ?

Lol, c'mon, are you kidding? Bush the anti-Christ??? That one just cracks me up!

The anti-Christ is supposed to rise to power through politics. However, he is supposed to be extremely charismatic, likeable, and very effective at deceiving MASSIVE numbers of people to end up with power of the entire world.

Based on that, do you think Bush is extremely charismatic? Likeable? Effective at deception? Lol! Not hardly. Bush's moment at the top of the United States is as far as he will ever go, he will be out of the main scene permenantly, just like Bush Sr.

As for Clinton? That grinning, likeable, charismatic guy just keeps hanging around now doesn't he?

J/K, I don't think either of them are.

Last edited by TXboomerang; 04-29-2007 at 08:17 PM..

Old 04-29-2007, 07:34 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
I think ranking him as a man of Biblical proportion highly over-rates him. I see him as a prep schooled child of privilege who was at the right place at the right time to get in far over his head due to his ideology and lots of poor advice.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
The Anti-Christ like tnbound2day mentioned will be charming and charismatic bring the NATIONS together and we will look at him as the liberator. I don't think President Bush is doing this!!
The History channel is showing the Anti-Christ for those that want to see what he might be like and all the signs and tattoos that people are so willing to go along with,the ID card it's pretty interesting what they are showing and scary!!
We are seeing the softening of America the way we are to accepting in culture change.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
I wouldn't call him the anti-Christ. He's just a feckless and misguided individual who is smart enough to somehow win two elections.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
Well, first off I don't believe in an anti-Christ but if there was one he'd have to be alot smarter than our half witt President. I mean come on, you've all seen movies about how intelligent, persuasive and charismatic this anti-Christ should be. Bush would lose a battle of wits with a ham sandwich and Cheney, Rove and others are really the driving force behind this man.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
Hey, I agree with ya. To say GWB might be the anti-Christ is just beyond silly. Though many obviously hate the man and disagree with him and think he is a terrible president, I would think they would see he is a good man. And yes, a Christian man.
If the OP would do more research in the Bible they would see this is obsurd.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Hey, I agree with ya. To say GWB might be the anti-Christ is just beyond silly. Though many obviously hate the man and disagree with him and think he is a terrible president, I would think they would see he is a good man. And yes, a Christian man.
If the OP would do more research in the Bible they would see this is obsurd.

I think saying many hate him is way too strong. It's his actions that are hated. The frustration builds every day of seeing more death for what purpose? He's a Christian man, forgiveness should come from his God, does that mean the country should just not question his actions or hold him accountable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality