Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:32 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Who are you talking to?
thanks for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,905,859 times
Celebrities dream, too. Perhaps they wonder who you are. I have seen a lot of celebrities that I don't even like much, during a dream. Many times, they make headlines shortly after. May be a co incidence with famous celebrities, but fairly obscure celebrities showing up in a dream are a lot more fun for me.

There are cases where people dream about one another, and are amazed that the details match. I am very familiar with "connection" dreams. Departed relatives show up often as I dream. It's a good sign to me, not scary at all.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,847 times
The confused or the psychological dreams: are the collection of dreams that one sees according to what occupies his thinking and wishes and desires, and related to his condition: like if he is hungry, having thirst, feeling hot or cold ...etc.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM

A marvelous interpretation of the dream

Once a man came to Ibn Seereen and said to him: "Someone has seen in the dream that he excludes the white of the egg from the yolk; what's the interpretation of this dream?"

Ibn Seereen said to him: "I shall not interpret this dream but only to the one who himself saw it."

The man said: "I myself have seen this dream."

Ibn Seereen said to the people: "Capture this man; he is a thief: stealing the shroud of the dead."

Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,677,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The confused or the psychological dreams: are the collection of dreams that one sees according to what occupies his thinking and wishes and desires, and related to his condition: like if he is hungry, having thirst, feeling hot or cold ...etc.
So in other words I am Ho!!!!lol oh and really into remodeling!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,138 times
just take a break and "imagine" how the 9/11 thing could be distilled from a present-day confusion, day before it actually happened.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,731,430 times
Let's look at a more accurate and comprehensive categorization of dreams (in my opinion) from a people (Tibetan Buddhists) who are most advanced regarding the understanding and use of dreams for spiritual awakening.
To learn how to awaken during a night-time dream aids us in awakening from our spiritual "slumber" and also helps us to understand the transient and illusory nature of what we think of as "reality".

"Tibetan dream yoga teaches us how to navigate the groundlessness of moment-to-moment existence, which typically makes no intellectual sense. It is at this level that we cut through the illusory nature of mind and truly experience our marvelous human existence."

The intention is this:
"May i awaken within this dream and grasp the fact that i am dreaming, so that all dreamlike beings may likewise awaken from the nightmare of illusory suffering and confusion."

Dream categories:

1) Ordinary, karmic dreams, arising mostly from the day's activities, and from previous life activities, thoughts, experiences, and contacts
2) "Clear light" dreams: spiritual visions, blessings, and energy openings
3) Lucid dreams, which are characterized by awareness that one is dreaming

Under these three broad divisions, dreams can be divided into a further six categories:

1-Dreams of events that occurred while we were still awake
2-Dreams about other people, alive or dead
3-Forgotten elements emerging from the subconscious
4-Archetypal content, evocative symbols, and so on
5-Extrasensory perceptions, profound dreams, and omens
6-Radiant, luminous, spiritual dreams

"Tibetan Buddhism is unique among Buddhist schools in teaching us how to awaken within the dream and how to practice spiritually while sleeping. This is the essence of Tibetan dream yoga, and the focus of all the practices associated with it. The Yoga of the Dream State, an ancient Tibetan manual on the practice of dream yoga and lucid dreaming teaches that we can learn five spiritually significant wisdom lessons through assiduously practicing this path of awakening":

• Dreams can be altered through will and attention
• Dreams are unstable, impermanent, and unreal — much like fantasies, magical illusions, mirages, and hallucinations
• Daily perceptions in the everyday waking state are also unreal
• All life is here today and gone tomorrow, like a dream; there is nothing to hold on to
• Conscious dreamwork can lead us to the realization of wholeness, perfect balance, and unity.

Zhine Tibetan Dream Yoga

Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,731,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
A marvelous interpretation of the dream

Once a man came to Ibn Seereen and said to him: "Someone has seen in the dream that he excludes the white of the egg from the yolk; what's the interpretation of this dream?"

Ibn Seereen said to him: "I shall not interpret this dream but only to the one who himself saw it."

The man said: "I myself have seen this dream."

Ibn Seereen said to the people: "Capture this man; he is a thief: stealing the shroud of the dead."
"The seminal Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu dreamed he was a butterfly. Upon awakening, he wondered whether he was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was a man. Chuang Tzu's musings underscore a fundamental truth: life is like a dream."

Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 PM

257 posts, read 408,043 times
I have had a few out of body experiences, or astral projections. I've heard it's part of your subconscious. A few years ago I went to the doctor (because I had something like a cold), and I thought to ask him what a subconscious is. I asked him and he told me it's things in the back of your mind, but you don't know them consciously. He gave the example that if he hated peas subconsciously, he wouldn't be consciously aware of it even though he still hates them in the back of his mind.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Let's look at a more accurate and comprehensive categorization of dreams (in my opinion) from a people (Tibetan Buddhists) who are most advanced regarding the understanding and use of dreams for spiritual awakening.
To learn how to awaken during a night-time dream aids us in awakening from our spiritual "slumber" and also helps us to understand the transient and illusory nature of what we think of as "reality".

"Tibetan dream yoga teaches us how to navigate the groundlessness of moment-to-moment existence, which typically makes no intellectual sense. It is at this level that we cut through the illusory nature of mind and truly experience our marvelous human existence."

The intention is this:
"May i awaken within this dream and grasp the fact that i am dreaming, so that all dreamlike beings may likewise awaken from the nightmare of illusory suffering and confusion."

Dream categories:

1) Ordinary, karmic dreams, arising mostly from the day's activities, and from previous life activities, thoughts, experiences, and contacts
2) "Clear light" dreams: spiritual visions, blessings, and energy openings
3) Lucid dreams, which are characterized by awareness that one is dreaming

Under these three broad divisions, dreams can be divided into a further six categories:

1-Dreams of events that occurred while we were still awake
2-Dreams about other people, alive or dead
3-Forgotten elements emerging from the subconscious
4-Archetypal content, evocative symbols, and so on
5-Extrasensory perceptions, profound dreams, and omens
6-Radiant, luminous, spiritual dreams

"Tibetan Buddhism is unique among Buddhist schools in teaching us how to awaken within the dream and how to practice spiritually while sleeping. This is the essence of Tibetan dream yoga, and the focus of all the practices associated with it. The Yoga of the Dream State, an ancient Tibetan manual on the practice of dream yoga and lucid dreaming teaches that we can learn five spiritually significant wisdom lessons through assiduously practicing this path of awakening":

• Dreams can be altered through will and attention
• Dreams are unstable, impermanent, and unreal — much like fantasies, magical illusions, mirages, and hallucinations
• Daily perceptions in the everyday waking state are also unreal
• All life is here today and gone tomorrow, like a dream; there is nothing to hold on to
• Conscious dreamwork can lead us to the realization of wholeness, perfect balance, and unity.

Zhine Tibetan Dream Yoga

The true dreams cannot be modified

In the True Dreams that are from angels: such true dreams cannot be modified: because the man is being informed directly or by means of symbols: so how can he modify it, and he should not modify: because he himself wants to know, and the angels wants to tell him something.

While in the confused or psychological dreams: they may try to modify as do they claim, and such dreams reflects the psychological analysis of the dreaming man (and woman).

And in the spiritual False Dreams that are from devils: here man may try to avoid such dreams, because it is almost false and harmful to him.

The true dreams are useful: bearing glad tidings or warning him of something which is about to occur; this is like the dream of Joseph son of Jacob – salam be to them – when he saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon prostrating themselves before him; this is in the Quran 12: 4
إِذْ قَالَ يُوسُفُ لِأَبِيهِ يَا أَبتِ إِنِّي رَأَيْتُ أَحَدَ عَشَرَ كَوْكَبًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ رَأَيْتُهُمْ لِي سَاجِدِينَ

The explanation:
(When Joseph said to his father: "Father, I saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating themselves before me.")

Then many years later, this dream was fulfilled, as in the Quran 12: 100
وَرَفَعَ أَبَوَيْهِ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ وَخَرُّواْ لَهُ سُجَّدًا وَقَالَ يَا أَبَتِ هَـذَا تَأْوِيلُ رُؤْيَايَ مِن قَبْلُ قَدْ جَعَلَهَا رَبِّي حَقًّا

The explanation:
(And he lifted his parents upon the throne; and they fell down prostrate before him. "See father", he said: "this is the fulfillment of my vision of old; my Lord has made it true.")
-----------------------------------------------------

So the planets are the symbols of his brothers because they are the sons of the prophets, and the sun resembles his father Prophet Jacob, and the moon resembles his aunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality