Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM

33 posts, read 49,661 times

Advertisements

Okay so for all of you creationists, if god created Adam and Eve, who had to have sex to reproduce, then didn't they have to have sex with their children, and didn't their children have to have sex with each other? So if that means they reproduced to create all of us on Earth now, then doesn't that mean that they committed the sin of incest, and doesn't that mean that when we have sex with someone, we're committing incest too?

If you say something stupid, I'll ignore you.
Answers appreciated.
Please no preaching D:
No insults, either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,960,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatheusPeace View Post
Okay so for all of you creationists, if god created Adam and Eve, who had to have sex to reproduce, then didn't they have to have sex with their children, and didn't their children have to have sex with each other? So if that means they reproduced to create all of us on Earth now, then doesn't that mean that they committed the sin of incest, and doesn't that mean that when we have sex with someone, we're committing incest too?

Answers appreciated.
Please no preaching D:
No insults, either
Not all creationists believe in Adam and Eve. I believe we evolved from single cell organisms.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM

33 posts, read 49,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Not all creationists believe in Adam and Eve. I believe we evolved from single cell organisms.
That's the only plausible way; but the species evolved because they multiplied and diversified over millions of years, eventually heading onto land, diversifying some more, and becoming the species we know today, like humans.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
That's the only plausible way; but the species evolved because they multiplied and diversified over millions of years, eventually heading onto land, diversifying some more, and becoming the species we know today, like humans.
Yep.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,816 times
Quote:

Answers appreciated.
Please no preaching D:
No insults, either
Dude!!! I have been wanting to ask this question for sooo long (I'll admit, I didn't have the balls - offensive much?)!

I remember one day in my American history class (junior year) someone asked a question about Adam & Eve and I inadvertently shouted, "incest!"
Pretty much the whole class shot me a dirty look.

But really, it's only logical to assume; any way you look at it some form of incest had to be involved. Glad someone other than me was pondering the same question.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Dude!!! I have been wanting to ask this question for sooo long (I'll admit, I didn't have the balls - offensive much?)!

I remember one day in my American history class (junior year) someone asked a question about Adam & Eve and I inadvertently shouted, "incest!"
Pretty much the whole class shot me a dirty look.

But really, it's only logical to assume; any way you look at it some form of incest had to be involved. Glad someone other than me was pondering the same question.
I don't see how this could be offensive. I think it is a valid question for those who believe in Adam and Eve. I just happen to believe that there is reason to believe in creation, but most of what religion has to say is incoherent or incomprehensible (or incestuous).

Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Answers appreciated.
Please no preaching D:
No insults, either
Boy oh boy--with restrictions like that, I'm already curious to see how long this thread lasts!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
That would have to be true.

But I'm probably one of the few Christians who does not believe in the Adam & Eve theory, never have. I, personally, believe humans, like our predecessors, started on earth as a 'sprinkling', not just one man and one woman.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
That would have to be true.

But I'm probably one of the few Christians who does not believe in the Adam & Eve theory, never have. I, personally, believe humans, like our predecessors, started on earth as a 'sprinkling', not just one man and one woman.
I believe that too! Sort of....there is no way that 2 people could've populated the earth. Inbreeding after a few generations causes mild to severe birth defects...even in animals. And I don't even want to get into different races!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,988 times
Quote:

EVE and ADM were the only human being in the earth
and at that time it was legal and necessary for the brother to marry his sister

but there was a special case and and a special rule

the case was
EVE give birth a male and a female at the same time

and they are not allowed to get married

but the male should marry the female from the next pregnancy
And vice versa

of course this case and rule is by ALLAH

and after some time ALLAH forbid the marriage of brothers and sister
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality