Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM

137 posts, read 436,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Kaiser I do want to apoligize for sounding a little harsh.
I'm sorry about the "posting email" thing. I realized after I had said it that you never mentioned my name. It really doesn't matter.

As far as saying you only had one wife. Your exact words were " I have one wife at present, but seek to live all the laws of God without exception, my wife agrees with me in this." You sent the email and I still have it.

Lying is any communication with the intent to deceive. I think those temple recommend questions are pretty direct. You cannot tell me those answers you gave are not "half" truths. That would constitute a lie.

You have the right to believe what you will and I will respect that. The thing I have a problem with is you belonging to a church you do not fully agree with, deceiving your leaders and using your calling to teach your beliefs. If you want to share your beliefs that is totally your right but during a church meeting in a church that does not share whatever belief is wrong.
I do recall now, mentioning one wife in that email; I admit I wrot ethat because I was not sure wether or not i wante dto disclose anything about how i believe in too much detail. I then decided, " what the heck" I might as well!

I have had questions about the Mainstream for awhile now an dhave been offically a fundamentalist for a little les s than a year now. All of my children come from my first wife. The child I told you about expecting if from my first wife also! Now its in the open! I told you in the open because i want you to trust me again! I only witheld information because i didn't know wether or not i should disclose too much! Fundamentalists do tend to keep secrets; but i dont like secrets, so I apologize and hope you'll forgive me.

As far as teaching my beliefs in my calling goes......

I do teach my beliefs at church, but I don't teach them in my calling. If something is mentioned at church that is not completlythe correct answer; then, i turn to the correct answer in my quad and then read it directly( and what I read is related to what I believe)

Old 06-25-2007, 07:30 PM

So putting LDS or Mormon Fundamentalist aside for a moment;

What do you think God will do( when we die) if I live my way and you live your way and we both believe 100% that we are living the right way?

And what if we both believe we have lived ( according to our own beliefs) and fulfilled all the celestial laws of God to the best of our knowledge( knowing that one of us is wrong- nevermind which one of us)?

Even though one of us is wrong , but we both felt we did right; what then?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,146,624 times
Well then one of us is gonna be pretty surprised in the spirit world and will need to be taught the full "truth".

Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Don't worry ; I'll teach you:-P

Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM

I couldn't help myself with giving that response!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,526,788 times
I want you to think about something, Kaiser. In old England there was a saying. "I eat the King's bread." A person who made such a statement meant that as long as he ate the food provided by the King, he would be faithful to the King.

If what you are writing is true, and quite frankly I don't believe a word of it, then in my opinion, you are a thief of the King's bread. Regardless of your alleged beliefs or intentions. Allegedly, you are lying to the Bishop and someone in the Stake Presidency. You are directly asked whether you belong to groups or hold beliefs contrary to the doctrines of the LDS Church. You are directly asked whether you support the First Presidency.

Yes, Kaiser, I am being harsh. I have a weird sense of honor, and my honor code demands the full truth, regardless of the consequences. If you really believe everything you have posted here, then the honorable thing for you to do is confess to your Bishop and request your name be removed from the records of the Church. Such action should mean nothing to you, since you believe the Church has fallen away from the truth, whatever it does to you will have no affect in Heaven.

I wonder just how far your convictions go now, Moses...............

Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,726,697 times
This thread has gone too far off topic to be salvaged. In the future, start a new thread instead of hijacking the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.