Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,942 times

Advertisements

Atheist ads to adorn New York subway stations - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,351 times
I like the low key question. It will let Atheist know they are not alone, and make many think about their own views.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
I would like non-atheists to learn to spell "atheist" correctly.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:07 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,812 times
My favorite is still the Indiana Bus Ads that said "You can be good without God" and were all pink and yellow. They seemed so bright and cheerful.

http://inatheistbus.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bt-ad.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
My favorite is still the Indiana Bus Ads that said "You can be good without God" and were all pink and yellow. They seemed so bright and cheerful.

http://inatheistbus.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bt-ad.jpg (broken link)
Oh, I like those. But then again I'm partial to yellow

Last edited by Mercury Cougar; 10-22-2009 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh, I like those. But then again I'm partial to yellow
And now my grammatical type-o shall forever be remembered because you quoted before I edited. Damn.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
Several "atheist organizations" are paying for this... the "Coalition of Reason", seems to be Atheism's answer to the "Christian Coalition". Atheists are organizing their religion more and more. They even have denominations, apparently.

They seem to really like proselytizing, I guess it's important enough to them to spread the gospel of Atheism™ that they are willing to spend lots of money, time, and resources on it.

I wonder why they don't feed the poor and house the homeless of NYC with that money???

Christians and Churches have soup kitchens, missions, homeless shelters, etc. Where is the Coalition of Reason's morality and humanitarian work? Oh yeah, they go with what's important to them, proselytize people into the Atheist religion instead of feeding them.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
And now my grammatical type-o shall forever be remembered because you quoted before I edited. Damn.
No it won't.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 AM

218 posts, read 311,322 times
How are atheists and Psalm 14:1 connected?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Several "atheist organizations" are paying for this... the "Coalition of Reason", seems to be Atheism's answer to the "Christian Coalition". Atheists are organizing their religion more and more. They even have denominations, apparently.
You know very well that it's not a religion.

Quote:
They seem to really like proselytizing, I guess it's important enough to them to spread the gospel of Atheismâ„¢ that they are willing to spend lots of money, time, and resources on it.
It's not proselytizing. It's making everyone aware that we're out here if they feel like they're the only ones. And let me tell you, growing up as an atheist in a family of fundies...I felt really alone. I would have liked to see an advertisement like this, telling me that I wasn't crazy.

Quote:
I wonder why they don't feed the poor and house the homeless of NYC with that money???
Google "atheist charities" for pete's sake. Also, perhaps some of us don't believe in giving handouts, but believe that we should give assistance to those people who actually put down the begging cup, get off their ass, and try to work to improve themselves.

Quote:
Christians and Churches have soup kitchens, missions, homeless shelters, etc. Where is the Coalition of Reason's morality and humanitarian work? Oh yeah, they go with what's important to them, proselytize people into the Atheist religion instead of feeding them.
Yeah, and what have those organizations done to eliminate the problem of homelessness, hmmm? If you keep feeding them and not pushing them to make something of themselves, it's NOT SOLVING THE ISSUE. You're just slapping a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality