Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:30 PM

73 posts, read 88,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantofJehovah View Post
Jehovah wants us to simply serve HIM the way HE wants us to. How is that? Well, the bible has it all there for us to know.

Jehovah put his Son, Jesus, here as example to all. If you do as Jesus done, this is what Jehovah wants.

Jesus warned that the love among the people of the world will cool off, having great pride, haughtiness, self loving.

This world is in the state it is in because this is the way it is supposed to be, for the moment. There is nothing that can be done about it now. The only thing that can be done is for people to have the veil lifted from their eyes and realize the truth when they hear it. The world is in the state its in because Satan has been let lose and he is very angry, knowing he has a short time before he is locked away

Jesus said you will know his people by the love they show one another. This means that his true followers will not hate one another, will not speak out against one another, will not kill one another even in war or protest. Jesus gives us all the info we need to know what we are to do to serve Jehovah in the way HE wants to be served, not in the way we want to do it.

The whole point of the bible is for us, Jehovahs children, to get to know him FIRST, when we find out who he is, then we could better serve him.

As a child comes to know his Mother and Father, he learns what pleases them and if given the right guidance and counsel, will strive to please in the way THEY want him to, not how HE wants to please them. The child will develop a fear, not of the parents, but of displeasing them. This is what has been misunderstood by many, they hear God fearing and they think there is a reason to fear God, himself. But to be God fearing is to fear displeasing him, not fear him as a God.

We are to love Jehovah and Jesus as much as our sinful minds can allow us to. We are to serve Jehovah as he is so deserves. Just as we want our children to love us with all they are capable of, just as we want our children to "serve" us in such a way as to make the right choices we have spent so much time teaching them about, so Jehovah wants from us.

Not all roads lead to the same place. Jehovah didnt ask us to serve him however we feel he wants, because we all know that just isnt working out, hence, his way.

Jehovah knows what hurts us, what influences us and what helps us. We would be wise to listen to him because he is, after all, the perfect one here. Who are we to question that?
Interesting theory, some of your points are good, but it sounds more like you are reading a bedtime story that happens to be about God as opposed to reading scripture.

You are also presupposing that the Bible is the way and the only way of which we are to live by. Do you have any justification for this? or is it just your opinion. Also I do not believe people are Bad on this earth because Satan is loose, people are bad because we have forgotten what is important in life, not all of us, but many have. I used to be like that and I am trying to turn my life around, so I know its possible for others.

Main thing though is that, like I said in my first post, how can you expect everyone on earth to believe in Jehovah and Jesus and that way of life? You can't in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
So if folk in rural Africa who practice forefather worship as a tradition, these folk generally have no deity beliefs other than the the "imported" xian/muslim POV.

Are these folk wrong following the traditions of their forefathers just like xians and mulims and jews and hindus etc?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
So if folk in rural Africa who practice forefather worship as a tradition, these folk generally have no deity beliefs other than the the "imported" xian/muslim POV.

Are these folk wrong following the traditions of their forefathers just like xians and mulims and jews and hindus etc?
Exactly...the place and conditions of one's birth determines how or whether they believe in a god. It's all in one's mind!

Last edited by Melvin.George; 11-06-2009 at 04:00 AM..

Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Exactly...the place and conditions of one's birth determines how or whether they believe in a god. It's all in one's mind!
Yes, and I could go to Saudi Arabia (just an example) right now and Preach and preach and preach Christianity for 100 years and I would not change peoples beliefs. They believe so strongly that Islam is the path, and they have believed it their whole life. How can we expect everyone to just choose one way.

It doesn't add up simple as that.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:04 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
Yes, and I could go to Saudi Arabia (just an example) right now and Preach and preach and preach Christianity for 100 years and I would not change peoples beliefs. They believe so strongly that Islam is the path, and they have believed it their whole life. How can we expect everyone to just choose one way.

It doesn't add up simple as that.
You can't "preach" to people, you have to "teach" the people. A big difference. You can teach them the aspects of God and another religion without them changing their own so that they come together. When Love is the basis, any religion can coincide with another and that's where you build the relationship between religions.

A teacher never stops learning. A preacher thinks he has all the answers.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You can't "preach" to people, you have to "teach" the people. A big difference. You can teach them the aspects of God and another religion without them changing their own so that they come together. When Love is the basis, any religion can coincide with another and that's where you build the relationship between religions.

But I expect you would have to leave out the 162 mentions of hell...ain't a one wanting to hear about that.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
But I expect you would have to leave out the 162 mentions of hell...ain't a one wanting to hear about that.
That is such a red herring . . . I am sure there is some negative consequence for spiritual failure (most failures do have them) . . . but to posit an infinite eternal consequence for this finite life (<100+ years) is absurd.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

True, I appreciate the correction. Either way though I could teach and teach and teach and still they could deny Christianity, and who is to blame them? If they are raised so strongly to believe that way...

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Teaching about hell is not a necessity where religion is concerned because hell is only a condition of the soul. Hell can be unmade when the person raises their soul condition. The hell referenced in the bible is not the real hell. It's a metaphor of what someone else believes about hell. Sure, when one is in their own hell it can be painful because they have to shed their old ways of thinking, forgive themselves as well as others and they have to start believing differently. That's very painfull even here on earth.

Teaching another about love is very beautiful and can draw crowds when taught without condition. That is what Jesus taught. He loved all so beautifully and if you have not loved the way He did, you cannot possibly imagine the bliss that it emits. Being in the presence of so much love can bring one to their knees, literally.

If you have had religions shoved down your throat, maybe you ned to change your thought process and find out what true, unconditional love really is. I don't mean just for your family, I mean the person who hurt you the most.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
True, I appreciate the correction. Either way though I could teach and teach and teach and still they could deny Christianity, and who is to blame them? If they are raised so strongly to believe that way...
Being a christian, muslim, buddhist or any other religion doesn't matter where love is concerned. Teach Love and not what christianity wants you to teach and you'll see more doors open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality