Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tyre was attacked by many nations: fulfilled
Tyre was destroyed: fulfilled
Tyres population was slain: fulfilled
Tyre would never again be a powerful nation; fulfilled
Tyre building materials were thrown into the sea: fulfilled

Probability of all of them happening : 1 in 75 million.

The new Tyre was built on ruins of Greek, Crusader, Arab and Byzantine buildings, but not necessarily on the original site. There are other ancient cities in that area which are underwater, so it is possible ancient Tyre is also underwater. Not that it matters, because the word "never be found" means it will never be revived again as it was before, which is true since foreign powers took over and built their own structures on its place and the ancient city was gone forever. Alexander Great put an end to Phoenician Empire and they never recovered or rebuilt anything again. So, even that part of the prophecy was fulfilled.

Isn't it amazing how accurate the prophecy was?
Only if your delusion is so stong that you ignore recorded history. You need to go back over the thread and study the evidence of history. Your delusion is quite worrying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Oh teh great L Ray Smith, my bad

Got some spare tinfoil hats on special if you're interested....
Save one for Campbell and one for Finn.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Only if your delusion is so stong that you ignore recorded history. You need to go back over the thread and study the evidence of history. Your delusion is quite worrying.
Wow, what an argument.

Heck, let's do it your way: your delusion is so stong that you ignore recorded history.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,462 times
Quote:
LoL a hat is not enough for ol' Tom, his pad looks like this

Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Wow, what an argument.
My argument has been presented. Go back and read it.

Quote:
Heck, let's do it your way: your delusion is so stong that you ignore recorded history.
You haven't presented any. All you have presented is Bible apologetics that ignore the records of history in order to lie for Jesus.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
lol a hat is not enough for ol' tom, his pad looks like this
I think you're right!

Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
I haven't been reading all, the more than 235 posts, in this thread, but from the looks of the read on these last few...seems Campbell and Finn have given you all a run for your money.

It has been my experience that the ones passing out the tin foil hats, when the conversation gets to that point--it's because they have nothing left to add to the argument and they have lost the argument, but they can't yet admit to it.

The first place ribbon goes to Campbell and Finn. Great job people.

Say Campbell and Finn, perhaps you'd know of this.

My grandmother use to tell me that in the bible it said that, in the end times the price of a loaf of bread would equal to that of a man's day's wage.

This would have economical merit pointing to today's time... I can't locate it nor do I have her bible handy in front of me to read her notes in it's margins. Do you know of what scripture she may have referred to...

thanks in advance.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
My argument has been presented. Go back and read it.

You haven't presented any. All you have presented is Bible apologetics that ignore the records of history in order to lie for Jesus.
I just replied to your "argument". You called me a delusional liar. Not much of an argument if you asked me. More like a personal attack really...

All of the below prophecies were fulfilled. Sorry.

Tyre was attacked by many nations: fulfilled
Tyre was destroyed: fulfilled
Tyres population was slain: fulfilled
Tyre would never again be a powerful nation; fulfilled
Tyre building materials were thrown into the sea: fulfilled

Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
This would have economical merit pointing to today's time... I can't locate it nor do I have her bible handy in front of me to read her notes in it's margins. Do you know of what scripture she may have referred to...

thanks in advance.
It is in reference to one of the four horsemen in the Revelation. The world's economy will be in such state that one days wage will barely feed you. A quart of wheat, or three quarts of barley. Take your pick, wheat provides better nutrition, but you can afford less of it, while barley provides less nutrition, but you get more of it. These times are not here yet, but will come during the tribulation. The reference to not damaging the oil and wine means that the rich will still have their luxuries, while the others can only afford the wheat or barley to make a loaf of bread.

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
Revelation 6:5-6

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-27-2009 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 12:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
matthew 10:36
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality