Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When you say I lie for Jesus you are calling me a liar. Worse, you are calling Christ himself a liar.
I didn't say you lie for Jesus. I said that Bible apologist sites lie for Jesus. Forget it dude. It's obviously harder to get through to you than I thought.

Quote:
Anyone, except someone whose mind has been corrupted by "Prince of Tyre" (Satan) can see that Ezekiel's prophecy is accurate.
Anyone, except someone who totally ignores the facts of history can see that it failed miserable. Your own Bible confirms that it failed.

"In the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me: Mortal, King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare; yet neither he nor his army got anything from Tyre to pay for the labor that he had expended against it. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: I will give the land of Egypt to King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon; and he shall carry off its wealth and despoil it and plunder it; and it shall be the wages for his army. I have given him the land of Egypt as his payment for which he labored, because they worked for me, says the Lord GOD"
(Ezek. 29:17-20).

Guess you don't believe your Bible eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe you are ignoring history now. Because Alexander spent seven months building a road to the city in the sea, using what was left from the destroyed mainland city to build his road. And that road did not exist in Nebuchadnezzar's time.
Between the mainland and the island there is a natural 'mole' or pathway that is never more than about 2 meters under water at any time. It was this that both Nebby and Alexander utilised to reach the island.

Quote:
Even Wikipedia could not distort the rich record of Benjamin Tudela. Yet on fine points, I would not trust it.
Like I said bro....when it suits you, you use it, when it doesn't suit you, you dismiss it as meaningless rubbish written by teenagers.

Quote:
Tyre's population on the mainland stood firm for 13 years.
Sorry mate but the mainland was no more than a residential suburb. It fell to Nebby without a fight. It was the island fortress that withstood Nebby for 13 years....and now we are just going around in circles.

Quote:
It's true that the ruins from the mainland city are below the present city.
It is true that present day Tyre is built over where the mainland suburb was. The island city was rebuilt by Alexander because of its importance as a port. The ruins of the island city that was destroyed by Alexander now lie beneath the part of the present city that stands where the island was.

Quote:
Yet it is equally true, that the present city, is not built over (the old location of ancient Tyre).
No it isn't true at all. I have been there. I assure you, as does the Encyclopaedia Britannica, that the remains of the Phoenicean city of Tyre lie beneath the present city. It's in the Encyclopaedia Britannica bro .......... and I know how you value that as scholarly.

"Excavations have uncovered remains of the Greco-Roman, Crusader, Arab, and Byzantine civilizations, but most of the remains of the Phoenician period lie beneath the present town."
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/611914/Tyre

Quote:
Those ruins of the ancient city, were transported to the present site by Alexander the Great's men. And that is how he was able to reach the island in the sea.
Alexander used the demolished houses of the mainland suburb to build the causeway on top of the aforementioned natural mole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 03:24 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, I wonder how do you ignore history Campbell?...Real history I mean, not your convoluted version of it. Blatantly lying about me not presenting evidence, or you being blind to it, doesn't make it go away.
Here again, all I see from you sanspeur is a generic answer. So let me ask you again, what real history are you speaking about? If you recall King David was suppose to be false history. Yet now we know he was real history, and that real history came from the Bible. What history are you talking about?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I didn't say you lie for Jesus. I said that Bible apologist sites lie for Jesus. Forget it dude. It's obviously harder to get through to you than I thought..
You keep denying what you have said in the past. Here, let me remind you again.

You said:

Quote:
All you have presented is Bible apologetics that ignore the records of history in order to lie for Jesus

Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You keep denying what you have said in the past. Here, let me remind you again.

You said:
All you have presented is Bible apologetics that ignore the records of history in order to lie for Jesus
So be good enough to point out where I'm calling you a liar rather than commenting on Bible apologist web-sites that lie for Jesus.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
"In the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me: Mortal, King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare; yet neither he nor his army got anything from Tyre to pay for the labor that he had expended against it. (Ezek. 29:17-20).

Guess you don't believe your Bible eh?
There was nothing to pay for their troubles, because the residents of mainland Tyre had evacuated to the island Tyre with their treasure. All they got to do was to wreck the mainland city.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
sanspeur, the historical record of the Bible confirms it's truth.
No, the unbiased historical record of the Bible confirms it is a plagiarization of earlier religious texts.

Quote:
Why would a person suggest otherwise?
Because they are hopelessly brainwashed, homeschooled and thus a bit delusional?

Quote:
How can one ignore history?
You tell us. Likely the same way you and your brethren ignore all other aspects of legitimate science and reality...

Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
There was nothing to pay for their troubles, because the residents of mainland Tyre had evacuated to the island Tyre with their treasure. All they got to do was to wreck the mainland city.
Ah! So you claim that the residents of the mainland got away with the loot whilst Campbell claims that the residents of the mainland held out for 13 years. You guys need to get together and work out which it is.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
So be good enough to point out where I'm calling you a liar rather than commenting on Bible apologist web-sites that lie for Jesus.
When you call peoples quotes lies, you call the people liars. And you said I called you a liar, which was not true either.

You also posted this on this to someone else:

Quote:
...and you, with your propensity to 'lie for Jesus', conveniently overlook the links I gave to you in posts
And you call people 'delusional', so it is clear you like to call people names. What's the big deal? Why are you trying to deny it?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Ah! So you claim that the residents of the mainland got away with the loot whilst Campbell claims that the residents of the mainland held out for 13 years. You guys need to get together and work out which it is.
First they held out, and then they evacuated to the island.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
When you call peoples quotes lies, you call the people liars.
...or it could be that's just the way you see it.

Quote:
And you said I called you a liar, which was not true either.
I did??? Where?

Quote:
You also posted this on this to someone else:
What I call other people is nothing to do with what you claim I called you.
As I said, forget it. You're obviously grabbing the wrong end of the stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality