Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:32 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
If you truly truly believe this, then please share this will all the muslims that are car bombing innocent people, the others that are contemplating another 9/11 scenario, and any other muslim that is preparing to kill innocent people.

I know not all muslims are like that.

If you truly seek after the truth, then you should know that the Western intelligences are behind this, and - exploiting some foolish Muslims - they attribute such crimes to Muslims;

in order to justify the occupation of the Islamic countries,
and to weaken the Muslim peoples
and to impede the progress of the religion of the Islam ... in the pretext of terror and violence.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/english3.htm#The_Jihad_the_Holy_War (broken link)>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
I did not say this...its from the bible..so u are not disagreeing with me..but with God
Please cite where the word Muslim and/or Islam is used in said Bible?

In yer own time.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:44 AM

Indeed Christainity and Islam do share areas of agreement in terms of theology.

Islam venerates Jesus Christ as a prophet.
Christianity states that Jesus Christ is God though.
Islam venerates the Mother of Jesus - referred to as Miriam throughout the Koran.

I think that there is commonality between both theologies.

Indeed Pope Benedict has tried to encourage dialogue between RCC and Islam.

Positive steps.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
I'm with you on that one Eanissar
I firmly believe that one Muslims and Christians have much in common and that the small differences should not dictate harsh actions towards one or the other. I think that God/Allah would be much more pleased if we showed much more respect for one another
I agree with you Isaysos

Quote:
I am not an expert on Islam but Im sure it says something to that extent somewhere in the Koran.
This is in the Quran 5: 82
وَلَتَجِدَنَّ أَقْرَبَهُمْ مَّوَدَّةً لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ الَّذِينَ قَالُوَاْ إِنَّا نَصَارَى ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّ مِنْهُمْ قِسِّيسِينَ وَرُهْبَانًا وَأَنَّهُمْ لاَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ

The explanation:
(And you will surely find the nearest of [people] in love to the believers those who say: "We are Christians";
that is, because:
>> some of them are priests and monks [who enjoin on them to be fair and kind,
>> and they wax not proud [over listening to the truth to follow it].)

Quote:
I do disagree that the bombing of Japan had anything to do with religion. It was world war II and Japan and the Nazis were trying to take over the world. I believe most allied countries have separation of church and state, there for any act carried out by the United States is in the name of the United States, not Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Jewish etc.
I agree with this; but I said that in reply to some who ascribe every crime committed by any Muslim, they ascribe it to the Islam in general; so I said to them then is the bomb of Japan by the hydrogen bombs was a Christian act?

Quote:
I think this guy was a psycho path that was in a vicious cycle of believing in radical Islamic ideologies, which in turn isolated him from those on the base (most of whom were Christian, Athiest, whatever) and in turn drove his thoughts further down the road into a heartless sociopath. It sounds like he had some mental issues even before he entered the military (and he was a psychiatrist! Go figure).
I don't know about this man and his true motives; but I saw in some countries, a military man (a psychopath) who killed his military friends on the pretext that they laughed at and ridiculed his honor!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Indeed Christainity and Islam do share areas of agreement in terms of theology.

Islam venerates Jesus Christ as a prophet.
Christianity states that Jesus Christ is God though.
Islam venerates the Mother of Jesus - referred to as Miriam throughout the Koran.

I think that there is commonality between both theologies.

Indeed Pope Benedict has tried to encourage dialogue between RCC and Islam.

Positive steps.

In addition, I believe that Muslims and Christians will unite by the Mahdi and Jesus on his second coming

Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
In addition, I believe that Muslims and Christians will unite by the Mahdi and Jesus on his second coming
With respect, I disagree.

There are areas of commonality - but the two faiths are distinct and different.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Plagiarizing and adding Jesus's beatitudes into Mohammed's barbarous religion of worldly conquest and subjugation of ALL people under Allah . . . in no way makes Christians and Muslims friends, eanassir. Barbarity is barbarity. Your God has more in common with the Jewish descriptions of YHWH than Christ . . . unfortunately, too many Christians believe in those descriptions of YHWH instead of Christ too. So maybe you aren't so far off.

Your enthusiasm has gone beyond all bounds; and you started to mix things.

My God is Yahweh and He is also called Allah.

And I pray Yahweh which is the Hebrew name of God Almighty;
as do I pray Allah which is the Arabic name of God Almighty;
and I pray God Almighty which is the English name of God the Creator the Most Gracious Who sent Jesus His servant and Mohammed His servant and all other prophets and apostles.

Yahweh sent Jesus as had He sent a large number of apostles before him.

This is in the Quran 5: 75-76
مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ كَانَا يَأْكُلاَنِ الطَّعَامَ انظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الآيَاتِ ثُمَّ انظُرْ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ ...الخ

The explanation:
(The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a messenger [: an apostle], messengers before him passed away [so why do you glorify him alone, excluding others?]

His mother was a true believer [in the Ten Commandments of her Lord];

[the Messiah and his mother] both ate food [and anyone eats food, has to relieve nature, therefore how could they be gods?]

See [Mohammed] how We make clear the revelations to them; then see how perverted they are [away from the truth!]

Say: "Do you serve, apart from God, [the Messiah] that [now] cannot hurt or profit you [because he died and his soul ascended to heaven, to be among angels];

while God is the All-Hearing [of any who cries to Him], the All-Knowing [of any who supplicates Him?])

The Disagreement of the (http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm - broken link)

Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
With respect, I disagree.

There are areas of commonality - but the two faiths are distinct and different.

The Christ and the Mahdi will strive for the cause of God's religion: One God , one nation:

Christians certainly do not follow the teachings of Jesus the apostle of God; for this reason he said in the Gospel that many will come to him in the afterlife - and inspite of speaking in his name (I think it is originally they are named according to his name: Christians); and he will say: "I tell you the truth; I don't know you; away from me evildoers!"

The same is true about Muslims: their names: Mohammed and Ali and other names; but actually many of them only follow the traditions not the revealed word of God in the Quran. So in the afterlife on Judgment, Prophet Mohammed said: they will be driven away, and I say: My Lord, these are my companions; but it will be said: "you don't know what things they forged and invented after you left them."

So neither will Jesus come to confirm the programs of Christians, nor will the Mahdi come to encourage the traditions of Muslims and their ways and sects;

Both Jesus and the Mahdi will come to fulfil the will of God to serve His religion: the First Commandment that God is One and to submit themselves exclusively to God's religion: but not to agree with the idealogy of the popes, the Ulama or the Rabis.

So if Christians are working according to the good will of God and seeking His good pleasure; why then should the Christ come? Because they are acting upright; so no need for his coming; but because they have become enthusiastic and said Jesus is the son of God and Jesus is God Himself, and ascribed all that to him: that he said that; so his coming will be essential to correct this.

And if Muslims are upright and work according to the word of God in the Quran; then why should the Mahdi come ? Because they are working according to God's religion, that God is One and their devotion is exclusive to God alone; so then his coming will not be necessary.

In addition, the Mahdi is the apostle of Jesus; he sends him as God commands Jesus to do in order to guide people to the exclusive devotion to God alone, and Jesus will teach the Mahdi about the interpretation of the Glorious Quran; and this will concern all people: Christians, Muslim, Jews and all other sects.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm (broken link)

Last edited by eanassir; 11-20-2009 at 06:04 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Christians certainly do not follow the teachings of Jesus the apostle of God; for this reason he said in the Gospel that many will come to him in the afterlife - and inspite of speaking in his name (I think it is originally they are named according to his name: Christians); and he will say: "I tell you the truth; I don't know you; away from me evildoers!"

The same is true about Muslims: their names: Mohammed and Ali and other names; but actually many of them only follow the traditions not the revealed word of God in the Quran. So in the afterlife on Judgment, Prophet Mohammed said: they will be driven away, and I say: My Lord, these are my companions; but it will be said: "you don't know what things they forged and invented after you left them."

So neither Jesus will come to confirm the programs of Christians, nor will the Mahdi come to encourage the traditions of Muslims and their ways and sects;

Both Jesus and the Mahdi will come to fulfil the will of God to serve His religion: the First Commandment that God is One and to submit themselves exclusively to God's religion: but not to agree with the idealogy of the popes or the Ulama or Rabis.
Sorry mate : I disagree totally with your point of view.

I do not subscribe to Islam, it's doctrine and/or it's teachings.
It means nothing to me.

I am Roman Catholic and I adhere to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 AM

I have nothing to do with your teachings and adherence. This is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality