Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:27 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,236,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe that the lake of fire, hell is a real literal place and I do believe people will eventually be sent there for eternity because they have rejected Jesus. I believe this what the Bible teaches.
Your signature
God is good ALL the time

Should be God is good SOME OF the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,236,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-sea View Post
well first off sin only come in sizes in this world, because scales help keep us balance since we are prone to being unfair and excessive. measurements and sizes help us keep to a more honest and balance way of life as we deal with one another.

when it comes down to those things concerning God all who do sin always sin against God first and man second. God sees all, and because he is all knowing, he is the first to be offended and sinned against when one does wrong.

from God's perspective and all things spiritual, sin has no size. you can't do something really big good, and you can't commit little sins. Sin is always against God because he is Holy which is the same as sinless. since God is holy sin cannot ever be in his presence.
This sure is a contradiction of terms seeing we are told to fogive our enemies and yet God IYO cannot. Seem that make god as big a sinner as you/we are don't you think.

Quote:
now when men commit sins and practice sins with nothing given to the thought of it and it's removal from ones life, then when sin is judged by God and condemed to hell, all those who kept it in their lives will go with it to hell.

God doesn't make people go to heaven any more than he makes them go to hell. God allow mans life to tell Him where they want to spend eternity. if you love lies, killing, stealing, and you just love living life without God, or even refuse to claim him as your God, then God loves each person enough to send him or her to an environment they are most familiar with.
Taughtology speaking. Yup all unbelievers practice sin as defined by your sin list, thus all Atheists are potential murderers, pedophiles, adulterers, fornicators eh? Well the church don't seem to have a good record opposite of this and some of the worst crimes against humanity has been by the church folk, but I guess the Spanish inquistion and the witch trials are conveniently swept under the rug. BTW I am a Christian.

Quote:
it's just that hell is hell, and it's for those who preferred to live without God, and hell is what you get any place God is not. what we encounter on earth is horrible but hell has terrors and dreads that make life on earth still somehow far, far better than hell. hell is a place for people who don't believe in him, those who didn't think eternale life was worth searching out, and those who practiced every evil way they could imagin. hell is what you get when you put all God ignoring, God hating, and God dis-believing people all together, and then toss in all fallen angels called demons who also spent their time winning others to hell with them. they are skilled at turning man away from God and very skilled at conviencing man God is not real, and just as conviencing that the devil himself is not real.

*****for man "choice" is a super power because it can bring life to him or death. it's been this way since the garden and remains the same today.
All I can say to that is: http://www.allstream.com/~mervynmc/joint2.gif (broken link)

Quote:
--snip--
Drivel IMO

Old 02-11-2008, 02:16 AM

5 posts, read 21,655 times
Greetings MontanaGuy. I don't think you realized that you answered your own question in post 44. Since the Bible teaches that "while we were ALL sinners Christ died for us" and it is a vicarious atonement for all believers, the only category left is the unbeliever. It isn't what the unbeliever physically does or doesn't do that disqualifies them. It is who the unbeliever rejects as God's gift to bring all back to him.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 AM

245 posts, read 626,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmBklyn View Post
. It isn't what the unbeliever physically does or doesn't do that disqualifies them. It is who the unbeliever rejects as God's gift to bring all back to him.
what an understanding and kind god you have,

In the belief of my father and his etc............... you have a choice where to go when you die, if you have been enlightened and are a good example of a human you can go to "heaven" which is realy just a version of earth except whenever you die there you get resurected as an adult and you never go hungery, or you can choose to come back and try again or choose the void (nonexistence) however if you are hoplessly evil you can get sent to "hell" which is a bit like the clasic version of christian heaven, bored for all eternity.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM

23,038 posts, read 34,481,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Your signature
God is good ALL the time

Should be God is good SOME OF the time
I believe God is good ALL of the time. I'm sorry you don't.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:30 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,451,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I knew there was a good reason for me to be acting like the devil for so long.
Less torture for me!
Less torture is still torture. How little of an amount would you like? Maybe you could quantify it?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,400,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Less torture is still torture. How little of an amount would you like? Maybe you could quantify it?
Since you asked: I want no torture.
And I believe in no hell.
Forgive me for replying to your previous comments with sarcasm. I did that because I believe in no hell and the idea of different levels of hell depending on one's amount of holiness adds another unbelievable layer to the concept. So, while intrigued, I was not responding to your post seriously which is not proper.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,387,476 times
There are those that seem to just float through life with not a care in the world, as they reek havoc on everyone, and everything around them.
That seems just plan wrong to me. I find it hard to believe there will be no consequences. But how that plays out after death? Not sure.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,194,603 times
I find it funny how there were people all through this thread talking about "Accept Jesus so you can be saved." like that's the only deity worshipped or something. I could just as easily say accept Zeus and his son Hercules or you'll suffer in hell with Hades. Same thing.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM

23,038 posts, read 34,481,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I find it funny how there were people all through this thread talking about "Accept Jesus so you can be saved." like that's the only deity worshipped or something. I could just as easily say accept Zeus and his son Hercules or you'll suffer in hell with Hades. Same thing.
Not really according to the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality