Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:54 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times

Advertisements

No that would not happen. If you ever feel like there is anyone who has made a post that is a flame, personal attack or anything that goes against the TOS then click on the and report the post. Give as much detail as possible and the mods will get on it. It's usually the senior mods that get to these first. But we all try and help out.

And what you posted " I feel very sorry for you because you are deluded and you are wasting your life on myths and fairy tales" could be construed as a possible attack because you used the word "you" which is directing at a person.

Contrary to belief I am not here to "get anyone". I am here to make sure everyone stays on topic, is civil to one another and is respected. I take Christianity, athiesm and other religious beliefs out of the equation when I'm moderator mode. It's not fair to others in this forum or other forums when people disrespect one another. There is a way to debate without getting personal and in your face...you can still get your point across and be respectful of the other person's beliefs while maintaining your own.

And on a personal note I'm actually a bit envious of you that you live in Spain. I lived in Madrid for two years and absolutely love the country. I think very highly of the Spaniards and the beautiful country you live in. My FIL will be there next week on business and I am coveting his trip...wishing I could get back to Madrid, Toledo, Costa del Sol, and the great beaches on the eastern coast of Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:15 AM

954 posts, read 812,860 times
[quote=Hoosier_guy;741155]
Quote:
Contrary to belief I am not here to "get anyone". I am here to make sure everyone stays on topic, is civil to one another and is respected. I take Christianity, athiesm and other religious beliefs out of the equation when I'm moderator mode. It's not fair to others in this forum or other forums when people disrespect one another. There is a way to debate without getting personal and in your face...you can still get your point across and be respectful of the other person's beliefs while maintaining your own.
Well, I think it's all part of the fun, giving and receiving a good kicking! It's like playing a game of Rugby (for you Americans, Rugby is a game which is a bit like American football...........but without the namby-pamby padding and helmets........... and we don't sit down for a rest every 5 minutes). You get stuck in......no mercy asked and none given. You kick people and you get kicked........afterwards you all go out for a beer!!

Quote:
And on a personal note I'm actually a bit envious of you that you live in Spain. I lived in Madrid for two years and absolutely love the country. I think very highly of the Spaniards and the beautiful country you live in. My FIL will be there next week on business and I am coveting his trip...wishing I could get back to Madrid, Toledo, Costa del Sol, and the great beaches on the eastern coast of Spain.
I think you may think differently if you lived here permanently!!!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:30 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
And what you posted " I feel very sorry for you because you are deluded and you are wasting your life on myths and fairy tales" could be construed as a possible attack because you used the word "you" which is directing at a person.
Christians post the reciprocal of this all the time and you never say anything....how is being told that "I feel very sorry for you because you are deluded by secular thinking and wasting your life being an immoral person because you don't believe in Jesus" any less of an attack?

I will say in your defence you probably don't even notice things like this being said by Christians, or understand why it would be offensive to others.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:16 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
If you would like to discuss this further pm me. Let's go ahead and get back on topic. Sorry about that all.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I somehow doubt that. It's not that Wiccans, Pagans, Muslims, Atheists and Agnostics don't know about the forums...but....really...look at the threads.....why would anyone without a thick skin want to post here if they weren't some sort of right wing Christian?

You might not be personally lynching them on the edge of town...but....lol....you are living in a dream world if you think it's friendly towards most folk.
I may disagree with the Wicans, Pagans, Atheists and some others but I still feel everyone has the right to post here without being attacked.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I may disagree with the Wicans, Pagans, Atheists and some others but I still feel everyone has the right to post here without being attacked.
You may....but there are plenty here that can't even post things about how they have taken a great interest in their own faith with back slapping others.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaimounaKande View Post
I'm just curious as to what others think. there are a few threads started by atheists, and then the vast majority of the others seem to be Christian threads. Why are there not Jews or Muslims or others starting threads? I know there are more Christians in this country than others, but still...it seems odd to me. Is it b/c Christians just like to talk about their religion more? Or is there some other reason?
Christians love to spread the gospel, they want everyone to share in their belief that there is one God who created everything (in the beginning), They want everyone to know about his son Jesus whom he sent to teach us what we need to know in order to spend eternity with him. IMO this is the main reason we have all these threads. If just one person becomes a christian because of these threads, we will rejoice no less than if EVERYONE became a christian

Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
If just one person becomes a christian because of these threads, we will rejoice no less than if EVERYONE became a christian
And how many are you driving further away from your stated goal in the mean time?

Old 05-20-2007, 06:10 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Christians love to spread the gospel, they want everyone to share in their belief that there is one God who created everything (in the beginning), They want everyone to know about his son Jesus whom he sent to teach us what we need to know in order to spend eternity with him. IMO this is the main reason we have all these threads. If just one person becomes a christian because of these threads, we will rejoice no less than if EVERYONE became a christian
I agree, God's Word does not return void so I know good things are coming from this.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
And how many are you driving further away from your stated goal in the mean time?
If i see a thread that I am not interested in I will go on to one that I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality