Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:32 PM

179 posts, read 295,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
its going to suprise all ofya'll when you find out he's an arab.....

but who cares what color he is anyway..you should be more concerned with his message...
I agree fully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,407 times
Jesus was a Jew. Period.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM

63,988 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
its going to suprise all ofya'll when you find out he's an arab.....

but who cares what color he is anyway..you should be more concerned with his message...
It is going to surprise all Arabs when you find out the angel that came to your Muhammad was the "angel of light" known as Satan. Compare your ACTIONS toward those who do not OBEY or SUBMIT to your "angel's" version of Allah . . . beheadings, genocide, terrorizing, etc. . . . all actions supposedly attributed to Jehovah in the primitive OT . . . NOT Christ. Which God would relinquish His right to administer justice to HUMANS and condone such barbarity in His name . . . the God of Muhammad or the God of Jesus? The Angel of Light has indeed corrupted the message of Christ in all three Abrahamics. God will call who He will . . . NOT HUMANS whether Muslim, Jew or Christian . . . it is NOT our job!!! Worry about your own soul and fate . . . the more you force or interfere with the souls of others the more danger you put your own soul in. Let GOD decide who is right or wrong . . . NOT fallible HUMANS!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,885 times
If you want to know what Jesus looked like, read Rev. 1:14 Daniel 10:6 So all the descriptions above are wrong. Just take the bible as it is, not as you would want it to be. The fact that his hair was white like wool, negates all the stringy brown hair theories.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,655,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephKnee View Post
If you want to know what Jesus looked like, read Rev. 1:14 Daniel 10:6 So all the descriptions above are wrong. Just take the bible as it is, not as you would want it to be. The fact that his hair was white like wool, negates all the stringy brown hair theories.
I can only take it you're unaware of the fact that the 10th chapter of the Book of Daniel specifically mentions Cyrus of Persia. That's referring to a time several centuries before the birth of Jesus, so whatever else Daniel was trying to communicate, a literal description of Jesus of Nazareth wasn't on his list. But of course, silly technicalities like actual historical dating doesn't figure into any of this, do they?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 AM

65 posts, read 253,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
lol...that was pretty funny I think that many chinese would be willing to become Catholic. Also in northern parts of china many have converted to christianity. It's just that the communist party regulates and "discourages" religion of any kind...
Christianity is actually the fastest growing religion in China, conservative estimates put the Christian population around 40 million and more liberal estimates around 120 million. By 2030 it is projected to be the largest religion in China. The evangelical church in China is growing very fast. The largest church in the world is currently in South Korea with over a million people.

That being said Christianity today is alot different then say 200 years ago. The vast majority of todays Christians live in South America, Asian and Africa..

I think alot of Racist people may be suprised when they found out who their lord and savior really is LOL...Jesus looks nothing like a blonde haired blue eyed anglo saxon man. Neither does he look like a black Nigerian.

He was a jewish man of semetic origins. These young jewish men from the near east and Isreal are the best represenation of what Jesus probably looked like. Furthermore they represent alot of what ancient Jewish culture was like 2000 years ago. I really wish American films would depict different ethnic groups more accurately instead of using white actors so often to portray people of differnet groups. Alot of it goes to show the ethno centrism of many Americans.

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/21-glf-yemen-jews-5-jpg-1.1752!image/2718104755._gen/derivatives/box_475/2718104755. (broken link)

http://www.france24.com/en/files/imagecache/aef_ct_wire_image_lightbox/images/afp/photo_1257935415596-1-0.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by skifan77; 02-20-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,666 times
Images are determined by dimensions of created thoughts, It is irrelavant to the subject site by relavant to the conditions of heart.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,666 times
The valley between is the wadi or baka or baca, arguments which debate who right vs wrong, which leaves one to be empty or dry. Crying for understanding or weeping in sorrow. Jerusalem is the wholeness all things coming together as one body or mind to obey God's will for mankind without disscusion.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,956,612 times
Post #46, very informative. Second photo down, the little tyke on the left, very worshipable. What a hottie he will be in... 16 years. I can see how it would be easy to bleach him a bit, deepen the cleft in the chin and lighten the hair color to brunette to make an icon that would appeal to European beauty standards. An earlier comment that in order to appeal to African American followers a Jesus figure would have to be 'black' is IMO incorrect. Many black people reject a black Jesus. Following white figureheads is nothing new in the black culture. It is actually the rejection of traditionally white Jesus figures in the black community that is radical.

H

Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM

200 posts, read 308,536 times
I think people tend to picture Jesus based on their own inner feelings. I think they "see" him in regard to themselves. I can understand that a black man would picture Jesus as a black man. The truth is that there was never a portrait made of him while he was alive.

I tend to see Jesus as I see myself (outwardly), but I have no problem if a black man or a red man sees him differently. What is the big deal?

The thing to consentrate on is what he did for all of us.

He died for my sins. That is what counts.

What if we go to heaven and God is black? What if we go to heaven and God is white? What if we go to heaven and God is a red man? What if we go to heaven and God is an oriental man, or any other race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality