Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,204,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There have been 14,640 Islamic terror attacks since 9/11. In 2009 there were 2,117, killing 9,140 people and seriously injuring 18,567....The bulk of these were mostly Muslims killing Muslims.

Regarding how many have been killed by the coalition, I don't know, and I doubt very much if anyone does...Nobody seems to even be in agreement of how many deaths of any kind there have been as the widely varying numbers here show.

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's a sad but true statistic. Yes, most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists tend to be Muslims.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,678,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I suppose I am a bit angry.....I have family in the middle east now, the Turkey that I enjoyed as a young man is not the same, Lebanon, that Jewel of a free country has been raped and destroyed by Jordan and Syria......all with the complicit support of the "Muslim" world. Then people I had done business with and had become friends with murdered in the World Trade Center......I look at the damage done in Bali, at the damages done in Kenya, at the more recent attempt to murder people who simply wanted to celebrate the holidays with their family, and I get angry. These are criminals who should have been stopped in Yemen or Egypt or Iran. Pakistan should enforce their laws, not turn a blind eye. Afghanistan should have never let al qaeda train there. Iran needs to quit threatening Israel and learn to get along with the way things are today.....quit trying to "drive them into the sea." Money is raised in mosques today in Dearborn and Paris and other cities throughout the USA and Europe that is used to train people to kill my firends and family.

Have you seen the Phelps compound in Topeka? isolated, a big high fence all around it, no one can see in or out.....when they leave the compound, they are monitored. Did you see the Branch Dividian compound in Waco? They were isolated from the community and monitored. Lunatic Muslims in our cities need to be ostracized and by the Muslims of that community, they need to be isolated and monitored so they cannot damage the society that provides protection, income and security so they can spew hate and murder.............until the Muslim community does this then I have no respect for them. And when they come into contact with me, either on forums or in person, and they lie and try to tell us that Islam is peaceful, that it is an aberrant few that create all the problems, then I am going to achallenge them and let them know that there is at least one person out there that holds them accountable for the actions of their people.
I am sorry for all the loss you have suffered. I know what the pain is like. You can be angry but try not to let it run your life. Just know that while I dont believe in a god, I do believe that in the end those that commit these crimes will pay for it in some way ( hopefully with a lot of pain). I dont know that there is anything we (the US) can do about it really, sometimes I wonder if we should leave them alone and let them tear each other apart if that is their desire.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am sorry for all the loss you have suffered. I know what the pain is like. You can be angry but try not to let it run your life. Just know that while I dont believe in a god, I do believe that in the end those that commit these crimes will pay for it in some way ( hopefully with a lot of pain). I dont know that there is anything we (the US) can do about it really, sometimes I wonder if we should leave them alone and let them tear each other apart if that is their desire.
Even if we leave them alone they are not going to leave us alone. Many of them are STILL pissed about losing the battle of Tours to Charles Martel back in 733!!! I'm sorry to say that this is really looking like a clash of civilizations. Recent events such as Fort Hood and the Christmas day attemted bombing reveal that some Muslims are not quite ready to "unclench their fists".:-(

Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,828,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Well how do you define terrorist? We have caused over a million deaths in their backyard. That's over 300 9/11's - or, almost one a day for a year. You think that might make you a little uptight if that were in your stomping grounds? Does it make you a terrorist to fight to have another country keep it's hands out of your affairs? Does it make you a terrorist to fight back against a country that invaded your own and killed a million or so people? So, is it really that easy to define a terrorist? Or does it really all boil down to viewpoint and otherwise opinion?

Thanks for the laugh, actually the people in the office got a chuckle as well!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,666,656 times
Quote:
I suppose I am a bit angry.....I have family in the middle east now, the Turkey that I enjoyed as a young man is not the same, Lebanon, that Jewel of a free country has been raped and destroyed by Jordan and Syria......all with the complicit support of the "Muslim" world. Then people I had done business with and had become friends with murdered in the World Trade Center......I look at the damage done in Bali, at the damages done in Kenya, at the more recent attempt to murder people who simply wanted to celebrate the holidays with their family, and I get angry. These are criminals who should have been stopped in Yemen or Egypt or Iran. Pakistan should enforce their laws, not turn a blind eye. Afghanistan should have never let al qaeda train there. Iran needs to quit threatening Israel and learn to get along with the way things are today.....quit trying to "drive them into the sea." Money is raised in mosques today in Dearborn and Paris and other cities throughout the USA and Europe that is used to train people to kill my firends and family.

Have you seen the Phelps compound in Topeka? isolated, a big high fence all around it, no one can see in or out.....when they leave the compound, they are monitored. Did you see the Branch Dividian compound in Waco? They were isolated from the community and monitored. Lunatic Muslims in our cities need to be ostracized and by the Muslims of that community, they need to be isolated and monitored so they cannot damage the society that provides protection, income and security so they can spew hate and murder.............until the Muslim community does this then I have no respect for them. And when they come into contact with me, either on forums or in person, and they lie and try to tell us that Islam is peaceful, that it is an aberrant few that create all the problems, then I am going to achallenge them and let them know that there is at least one person out there that holds them accountable for the actions of their people.
My brother, as you and I are brothers of the same nation (The Tsalagi) we are also brothers in arms. Any religion or culture that believes in using terrorism as a means of subjugating its people and others, to me is not a credible religion or culture,it does NOT deserve and will NOT get my respect.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,329,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Thanks for the laugh, actually the people in the office got a chuckle as well!
And what's so funny? War is hilarious isn't it...

Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Whatisname said we have been there for hundreds of years, that gives us as much right to it as it does to the Muslims.

I'm Cherokee.....we WON the supreme court decision to allow us to keep our land.....even when there was no Cherokee on the courts.....we still got moved to Oklahoma. How about I start blowing up shopping malls in Tennessee so we can get our land back? How about all you Europeans go back to Europe. Do you really think the Wampanogs like having a bunch of tourists and anglos on their land on Cape Cod? do you think the Navajo like having oil men and uranium miners tearing up their land? Do you really think the Comanche wanted Dallas and Amarillo and Lubbock? I bet the Creek would love to have Atlanta back and the Seminole would LOVE to have Florida back.

But nope.....a bunch of Europeans took it just because they felt like it......and used technology to defeat anyone that stood in their way.....just ask the great grandchildren of Geronimo or Gall or Crazy Horse.

there you go........the quote that was being referenced........if Europeans have been there for so long, maybe we ought to colonize it and put the folks that are there on a reservation..............kinda like what Israel is doing to the Palestinians...............
I've posted many many posts about European treatment of the Natives when they came here. And I fully, whole heartedly agree with you that the treatment the native tribes received was beyond absolutely horrible.

This "founding" and "pioneering" of America is one of the things that makes me almost ashamed to be an American. And while that may have been many years ago, many (likely all) tribes still feel the pain of this. How on earth could a member of any tribe on the American continent advocate this same treatment of other human beings?

I can tell you from experience, this kind of hatred will destroy you and poison everything you touch with it. I hope you realize that before you learn it the hard way.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I've posted many many posts about European treatment of the Natives when they came here. And I fully, whole heartedly agree with you that the treatment the native tribes received was beyond absolutely horrible.

This "founding" and "pioneering" of America is one of the things that makes me almost ashamed to be an American. And while that may have been many years ago, many (likely all) tribes still feel the pain of this. How on earth could a member of any tribe on the American continent advocate this same treatment of other human beings?

I can tell you from experience, this kind of hatred will destroy you and poison everything you touch with it. I hope you realize that before you learn it the hard way.
What happened to Natives in the US was not unique. That occured throughout this hemisphere.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
What happened to Natives in the US was not unique. That occured throughout this hemisphere.
Yeah, I understand that. But I just referenced American because don't know what it feels like to be a Columbian or Brazilian.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM

63,882 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
And what's so funny? War is hilarious isn't it...
Grow up. War is WAR. Terrorism is TERRORISM. There is no comparison, period. OVERALL intent and motivations are the discriminators. There will always be opportunists and criminals during wars . . . they do not define the war. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.