Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:55 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,153,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I called you a name?
Yes you called me a foul something? I cannot find the post but look and you will see it. I have NEVER called you a name all our differences and discussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I called you a name?

[quote=InsaneInDaMembrane;12527226] Or, "get away from me you foul hypocrite!"

Yep and there it is...

Old 01-21-2010, 06:33 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,584,509 times
[quote=Raelyn28;12553360]
Quote:
Or, "get away from me you foul hypocrite!"

Yep and there it is...
I believe he was alluding to what Jesus might say not you as he did have it in quotations.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,043,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post

What I am trying to say is "Love covers a multitude of sin". Yes one man made a mistake, a hurtful mistake, but how many mistakes are you making but ripping him apart and causing hateful dissention on this thread? "He who has no sin cast the first stone".
It is not ONE mistake, he has a history of hurtful opinions that GET BROADCAST all over the world. The man is a MORON and a HATE MONGER!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
It is not ONE mistake, he has a history of hurtful opinions that GET BROADCAST all over the world. The man is a MORON and a HATE MONGER!
whatever...same response...

Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM

[quote=noland123;12553699]
Quote:
I believe he was alluding to what Jesus might say not you as he did have it in quotations.
It was in between quotes...looked like it was directed towards me but maybe I am mistake, no problem.. I have been attacked quite a bit lately by this poster along with others.. I pretty much expect it on this kind of a forum.

Why are you answering for him anyway? Just curious?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,012,896 times
Quote:
Why are you answering for him anyway? Just curious?
Because he was aware of what I was doing. Thanks for the help on that Noland.

I was not referring to you by any stretch and who exactly has been attacking you?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM

19,563 posts, read 9,575,229 times
re: post #294

Quote:
It is true Freedom, Christian and Religion are two different issues, just like Christian and "Follower of Christ" is often two issues as well. It all comes down to a personal relationship with Christ and is not about Religion. So possibly you have your forums mixed up.

Noooo, I don't have my forums mixed up. Please refer to MY post #274 and then to your post #294.
It's only a couple pages back. Perhaps you have me mixed up with another poster - Freedom?

Last edited by cat1116; 01-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: add line.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,321,673 times
Mr. Robertson seems to believe that he alone has the ability to discern God's will. His reasoning is flawed and has been so in the past. I live in the area affected by constant hurricanes, and I don't believe God is punishing me for the evils of all mankind or all America. When something bad happens in Mr. Robertson's family what are they being punished for? To me he is being extrememely judgemental and ignorant when he makes statements saying God caused natural disasters as punishment for wickedness. Who is he to claim to know God's will? The God I believe in would not purposefully hurt anyone. I believe in the New Testament and a kind and loving God. How could anyone watching the news footage of Haiti think that God would want something so foul to happen to a nation. Mr. Robertson is one of the reasons so many people do not like Christians. If this were a one time mistake, that would be one thing, but he continually makes statements that make no sense. I personally do not listen to him, and I wonder who actually does?

Old 01-22-2010, 01:17 PM

688 posts, read 1,491,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Mr. Robertson seems to believe that he alone has the ability to discern God's will. His reasoning is flawed and has been so in the past. I live in the area affected by constant hurricanes, and I don't believe God is punishing me for the evils of all mankind or all America. When something bad happens in Mr. Robertson's family what are they being punished for? To me he is being extrememely judgemental and ignorant when he makes statements saying God caused natural disasters as punishment for wickedness. Who is he to claim to know God's will? The God I believe in would not purposefully hurt anyone. I believe in the New Testament and a kind and loving God. How could anyone watching the news footage of Haiti think that God would want something so foul to happen to a nation. Mr. Robertson is one of the reasons so many people do not like Christians. If this were a one time mistake, that would be one thing, but he continually makes statements that make no sense. I personally do not listen to him, and I wonder who actually does?
One thing many years ago that turned me off to Robertson was his condescending attitude toward American Indians (I'm part Cherokee, even if I wasn't, still wouldn't like it, though). He and Ben Kinchlow (was that his name, the black guy that was his co-host) were talking about the Aztecs or Mayas or some other Indian tribe and mentioned how the Spaniards killing off the Indians down there somehow, though reprehensible, was by God somehow, that they were pagan, heathen cannibalistic savages that performed extremely evil lifestyles and executions and all (obviously I don't remember exact words), but the Spanish being an improvement? ya have to be kidding! They tortured and murdered and exterminated an entire area of people, for heaven's sake. Whether Kinchlow agreed with him or not, I don't know, simply being on show with him agreed, but he did not seem to have the same conviction as Robertson on this. I ain't exactly Mr. Liberal or pagan myself, but people like this embarrass me and make my country and beliefs look rediculous. T.V. evangelists and "popular" preachers in general don't do a thing for me, whether left-wing dingalings and race-baiters such as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, or right wing dingalings such as Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell (I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but still don't care for him) or Jimmy Swaggert, or moneychanging grubbers like Mike Murdoch or Reverend Ike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality