Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 03:57 PM

457 posts, read 757,303 times

Advertisements

Several post have been removed. Why?
Sure, some were off color but several have been simple replies and poof they're gone.
Is this a form of culling out needless post?

I'll probably get it for this post.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,800,060 times
This forum has a very old reputation for removing posts (and members) that Christians and conservatives find objectionable...

Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
This forum has a very old reputation for removing posts (and members) that Christians and conservatives find objectionable...
But the Christians think the exact opposite.

So, it's a tie.

I'd say this forum is fairly fair and square. I don't get the whining

Old 01-22-2010, 04:27 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
I STILL think the picture that put me in time out last time was hilarious.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:36 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,807 times
Default The Mods are Here to Make You a Better Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Posts don't get removed because they are "objectionable" to a Christian or to any group; they get removed because they violate the CD TOS.

June 7 is an atheist and Miss Blue is a Christian. BOTH have demonstrated consistently that they are fair-minded in spotting violations of TOS and in enforcing said TOS, without consideration of the poster's religious affiliation (or non-affiliation).

Ergo, if it appears to you that posts from Atheists are removed disproportionately, this suggests one of four possibilities:

(1) The number o Atheists who post here far outnumber the number of Christians who do so.
(2) Atheists violate the TOS disproportionately to Christians
(3) Christians who violate the TOS are not being reported for doing so.
(4) Some combination of the above

The work of the mods takes thought and effort, and is a largely "thankless" task. Without their presence, this board would be an online version of "Lord of the Flies." That it maintains any semblance of order whatsoever is down not only to a core of very good posters who hang around, but equally to the mods, who work to keep it hospitable enough for individuals of genuine good will to stick around.

Cheers to the mods!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:41 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But the Christians think the exact opposite.

So, it's a tie.

I'd say this forum is fairly fair and square. I don't get the whining
Yes, it most certainly is.

Just last week I got infracted solely for calling Thomas Jefferson* a "dingbat"

*the real Thomas Jefferson, as in the author of the "Declaration of Independence"--not someone's screen name.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Good evening fellow CD'ers..

If all would read the Terms of Service, I believe all your questions would be answered..The mods don't make the rules, but we try to follow them and never with any favoritism or because of our personal opinion..Keep in mind that if one person posts an insult, rant or is bashing someone and we delete that post that means that all the posts that answer him will also be deleted

Sooo, that being said, I guess there is no more to be said on this topic..

Except that these matters should be taken up in dm's.. to the mods or maybe in About the Forum..

Love you guys,
Miss Blue

closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.