Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:06 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,641,043 times

Advertisements

Marks wrote:
Quote:
God never intended for people to have their organs ripped out after we're dead. I plan on living to a very old age, and I doubt my organs would be any good then.
It's probably true that organs from an elderly person would not be desireable but there are all kinds of accidents that cut someone's life short while they're still young and healthy. A young victim in a car crash who died from head injuries would have all of their organs in good condition. They could easily save several lives and maybe even ease some of the pain of family members of the victim when they realize that even though their loved one is lost that others are going to live. The Bible has no advice on this subject because organ donation is a modern advancement so I don't believe anyone can speak for God on this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 09:37 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,881,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
God never intended for people to have their organs ripped out after we're dead. I plan on living to a very old age, and I doubt my organs would be any good then.
Speaking as a person who will be in need of a kidney transplant in the next 10 years, a father and 2 uncles who received (thankfully) kidney transplants due to a genetic disease, I am floored at your response. How absolutely arrogant and WRONG you are to speak for "god". I cannot say more or I'll get in trouble.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,539,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Speaking as a person who will be in need of a kidney transplant in the next 10 years, a father and 2 uncles who received (thankfully) kidney transplants due to a genetic disease, I am floored at your response. How absolutely arrogant and WRONG you are to speak for "god". I cannot say more or I'll get in trouble.
Skygirl, a genetic kidney disease also runs in my husbands family (polycistic) .He has watched family members die all his life. His brother has been diagnosed in the past few years. I think some people have never been faced with the sight of someone you love loose hope hour after hour every day knowing that there is no hope except the gift of a donated organ. imo God gave our researchers this knowledge of organ transplant to help us show our final act of love which Christ called the greatest commandment. My prayer is that there will be a cure before you need a transplant

Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,471,388 times
I too had an aunt that died from kidney disease. No one in our family was an eligible donor. It was kind of an oddity. Anyway, she could not find a donor from an outside source and eventually passed. I found Marks' comment pretty run of the mill for him so I wouldn't let it get you down he's just got his nose held so high he can't smell the stink.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:00 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,881,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Skygirl, a genetic kidney disease also runs in my husbands family (polycistic) .He has watched family members die all his life. His brother has been diagnosed in the past few years. I think some people have never been faced with the sight of someone you love loose hope hour after hour every day knowing that there is no hope except the gift of a donated organ. imo God gave our researchers this knowledge of organ transplant to help us show our final act of love which Christ called the greatest commandment. My prayer is that there will be a cure before you need a transplant

Thank you Blue...Yes, we have the oh so wonderful "polycystic kidneys and liver". My oldest brother was my only sibling without the disease and gave my father one of his healthy kidneys in 1993, which gave him back quality of life again. (dialysis was killing him) My father passed in 2005 due to cancer of the peritineal (spelling?) cavity, probably due to his anti-rejection meds (side effect). However, we had almost 13 more wonderful years with my Dad:-)
My daughter (14) not only has juvenile diabetes, but polycystic too...so I am a HUGE supporter of transplants, while hoping for cures...I don't need to take 'em with me, so I am giving them whatever is usable in my body when I go!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality