Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,579 times

Advertisements

Was our first God, a Goddess?

When Eve consumed the fruit of the tree of knowledge, she automatically had the knowledge that --made Her as Gods, knowing good and evil.
A Great thing.
Eve’s thoughts would have turned to Adam.
Should She uphold God’s initial wishes and tell Adam the same thing that God told Her, not to eat, or should She draw Adam to Godly knowledge?
We know what She did. The right thing.
But why did She NOT uphold the ideals of God if She had the same knowledge as God.
It should be a given that She would matched God’s thinking, in this issue and think it a bad idea to have humans be that bright and know good and evil.
The answer is that She was, not so much, more moral than God, but that She was more suited to interpret the knowledge of good and evil for mankind. She was after all, a human.
She was better in this role than God was because She was of the species known as mankind.
She did it out of Love to Her species. Adam was to be the first to enjoy the fruits of Her wise and godly choice. The good sense of that choice is evident to this day. Her pleasure and pain would show profit in so many ways.
By showing Her loyalty to mankind, as She should have, instead of what to her would be an alien God, She launched us into our wondrous history.
Wow!
We were given the tree of life and God vanished to never more be seen or heard from again.
This means that our first God was a Goddess.
Adam has been peeved ever since. It took him many generations, right on up to today, to recognize that might does not mean right. Some have not quite received that common wisdom as yet.
Adam better be careful, Eve is looking at Her world and is getting peeved Herself because man is so slow to learn this simple lesson.
I have admitted an apotheosis and did not recognize till recently that the Godhead that I found was born of a Female. This may be because I am a male but I think that it may have other reasons having to do with rights of passage.

I think Women should move from the back of the Church, where they was told to sit down and shut up, to the front of the Church, where they belong.
The world needs for all women to step up, now that they have the systems in place to protect them from the assaults of men who would control by more brutish methods.
Eve instinctively knew the right decision to make for mankind by knowing that mankind should be lead by a human and not by an alien God.
I see more of her sister stepping up and hope that more will step up soon because the world seems to be in need of guidance.
Man’s character and nature was perhaps necessary in the past, because of condition, where more brawn than brain were required to lead, but I think that those days are gone, and that mankind should be bright enough to recognize that without female leadership now, we may regress back to a rather unpleasant condition.
I believe that Eve and Her action in the beginning showed God the rightness of humans leading humans and that that is why we have dominion over all that we know and that is why He has never returned to fix what is not broken.
Man has not been able to elect himself a new God as revelation promises and I believe it is because women have the necessary character to lead us as Eve showed in Genesis.
I encourage all women to step up once more and take your rightful place as the leaders of mankind. Our oldest relics are of a mother goddess, not of a father God.
Ladies, the world depends on you because as you can see, men have reached their level of incompetence in dealing with our modern problems. It is to you that the burden MUST fall, to insure that your children and grandchildren have a decent world to live in. Your men are failing you.
I beg you to remember your true place of leadership and rise to the occasion.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,617 times
That'd be hilarious...but it's God, then Eve, then the rest of the other peeps, unfortunately :/

She's the first Goddess though ;D

Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Actually, Lillith was the first goddess, and before that she was Tiamat.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
Why does the question of 'our first god/goddess' have to be seen through the filter of Abrahamic religion and the Adam/Eve story? Surely there were earlier gods, as Chango stated.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
That'd be hilarious...but it's God, then Eve, then the rest of the other peeps, unfortunately :/

She's the first Goddess though ;D
Yep and without Eve, she and Adam would still be in Eden playing with the animals. They would not be able to even reproduce because reproduction has good and evil aspects and that information was denied to them thanks to that idiot God who wanted to keep us as stupid pets.

Regards
DL

Old 02-03-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Why does the question of 'our first god/goddess' have to be seen through the filter of Abrahamic religion and the Adam/Eve story? Surely there were earlier gods, as Chango stated.
Sure but it was still a female.

Venus of Willendorf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
DL

Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
I rather like the idea that the first god was a goddess. True, there might have been gods of storm and lightning but the closest one and the one that really mattered was the earth - goddess.

Maybe.

As to Eve, since the Bible theory is that it was Adam who fell and who is responsible for sin, best to leave it like that rather than push woman forward to claim the blame. There are plenty of men only too eager to do that for them.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I rather like the idea that the first god was a goddess. True, there might have been gods of storm and lightning but the closest one and the one that really mattered was the earth - goddess.

Maybe.

As to Eve, since the Bible theory is that it was Adam who fell and who is responsible for sin, best to leave it like that rather than push woman forward to claim the blame. There are plenty of men only too eager to do that for them.
From what I know Christians blame Eve more than Adam.

Regards
DL

Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,549 times
The Egyptian goddess Nuit (or Nut) is older than YHWH. She's even older than the Baal goddesses. Here she is in a yoga-like position arched over the Earth, protecting its inhabitants.

File:Goddess nut.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
The Egyptian goddess Nuit (or Nut) is older than YHWH. She's even older than the Baal goddesses. Here she is in a yoga-like position arched over the Earth, protecting its inhabitants.

File:Goddess nut.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for this.

I think it strange that people would think that Adam gave birth to Eve. If he did then he would look like this.

Regards
DL

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 07:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality