Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 AM

14 posts, read 54,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
But, everyone sins, nearly every day. ......................

I'm trying to find a verse that I'm pretty sure is in the Bible that states that if one man sins, all men sins, if one man is saved, all men are saved. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
It is though one man Adam that all sin. It is though one Man Jesus that the price is paid for sin. So everyone has to make a choice to follow Adam and go the way of the world and sin. Or to follow Jesus and be delivered from sin.

There are three main theories: Universalism, Annihilationism & Eternal Tormant. Universalism says everyone is saved. Annihilation theory says that everyone is destoryed or that some are saved and some are destroyed, or annihilated. Another popular theory is that some are saved and others are tormented for ever and ever.

I do believe in Justice and I do believe that God is a God of Justice. Those who do good will receive good in return. Those who do evil will receive evil in return. What we sow is what we are going to reap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 AM

312 posts, read 869,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I've asked this question a lot, and get different answers. I, admittedly have not read the entire Bible. My question is, How could God separate parents from their children by allowing , lets say, the parents into heaven, but not their adult children? I know I wouldn't want to be thinking of my children being tortured forever while I'm sleeping in, riding lions, and eating chocolate.

Some people say you will not be bothered by that a bit because you'll be so happy in heaven. Others say the Bible says we will not know our loved ones when separated, while still others say the Bible says we will know our loved ones. I also hear that it is stated in the Bible that God would not separate us from our loved ones. So, wouldn't anyone who believes that last statement also believe that no one will go to hell? Unless an entire family would be going to Heaven or hell, that is.

Some people have told me scriptures upholding what they believe, but, if I don't write them down, I forget them. Can you shed some light on this question? Please, and thank you.

Jess5, those are great questions and ones that a lot of people have too, especially parents with a concern for their children and concern for being separated from them...

I just want to explain from the Bible one or two points okay? Let's just take it a step at a time...

In the Book of Genesis God placed Adam & Eve in an earthly paradise. He told Adam & Eve to be fruitful, become many, fill the earth and subdue it. (Gen 1:28, 2:8,9, 15) Okay? That was His original purpose for the earth and for people. His purpose has not changed, Jess5.

Isaiah 45:18- this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: (also Isaiah 55:11)

Psalm 37: 29 tells us- The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it. (also Psalm 37:10,11 and 29)

Revelation 21:3,4 - With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4*And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

The everlasting life that he promises us will not be in heaven but right here on the earth- the place where man has always lived and where mankind will live forever.

That is the condensed version Jess5- just the cliff notes... but does that help allay any fears you have about being separated from you family and not being able to help them when they need it?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 AM

5,541 posts, read 7,145,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post

I am sorry that there will be those who will be lost in hell, but it is a matter of choice. Final decisions are eternal decisions and that is what heaven and hell are all about.

Since there are those who do not want God, his love, goodness, kindness, and favor...He will not force them to take it. But the only alternative is to be separated from Him in eternity. It's a choice.
Hmm, I'm wondering if this also applies to all of the children and babies who God commanded to be killed?

Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 AM

32 posts, read 31,426 times
If someone you knew went out and raped and murdered one of your children, would GOD be just by not allowing me into Heaven if they never repented and changed their ways and took responsibility and accountability for their actions?Or would HE be just for allowing them into Heaven "as is" so their parents would be happy?
Lucifer (satan)was in Heaven at one point in the presence of GOD.JESUS said "I beheld satan as he fell from Heaven as lightening". How could someone in Heaven in GOD'S presence be thrown out by GOD?
Satan wanted to sit on GOD'S throne and be worshiped as GOD and this caused a rebellion to take place, GOD said "Not in MY KINGDOM" and satan and his buddies were kicked out.
NOWHERE do you find satan EVER repenting or apologizing!In fact he does everything he can to get back at GOD.
Now realize something, people are not different from angels.They have free will and satan exercised his,and people who end up in hell do so of their own free will by rejecting what GOD said to do to be saved.Some children obey GOD rather than follow their parents to hell.
I love my family and wish to see them saved, but I do not love them so much I am willing to burn in hell with them if they refuse to serve the LORD.That is THEIR choice and it would sadden me if they chose that and some of them are lost, but I want to please the LORD,not everyone else.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:20 AM

32 posts, read 31,426 times
As far as babies go, Paul said "Where there is no knowledge of the law, sin is not imputed to them"(held against).Babies know nothing hon,and salvation is offered only to them who are able to understand it as in the 2nd chapter of Acts.(Acts 2:1-38)

Old 10-17-2010, 11:58 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,903,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Heaven will be mind-blowing,we will be serving the Lord in all His Glory. There will be nothing but positives in Heaven as our mind will be focused on Him and others who have love for Him,this will be our family,a family of belivers who want to dwell in the House of the Lord.
A person who has never been to heaven, describing what it's like ....to people who will never get there.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:58 AM

20,465 posts, read 12,862,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
A person who has never been to heaven, describing what it's like ....to people who will never get there.
Jesus came from Heaven. The Apostle John saw Heaven. It is described for us in the Bible.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I got some bad news for you. According to the Bible, the damned will suffer "in the presence of the Lamb". And.......Jesus told his disciples, "you will be where I am." So if Jesus will be witnessing the damned burn, and you will be with Jesus.....well, do the math.
Pure speculation, and not Scriptural.

The passage you speak of (Rev.14) says, "in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb."

In Luke 16, Lazarus is unable to see Hell. 25Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Old 10-19-2010, 04:44 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,038,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Pure speculation, and not Scriptural.

The passage you speak of (Rev.14) says, "in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb."

In Luke 16, Lazarus is unable to see Hell. 25Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'
That passage talks of the boundaries that lie in heaven. Those in the lower heavens cannot cross over into the higher heavens until their soul condition permits them. They must progress. However, those in the higher heaven can go to the lower heavens so that those in the lower can learn of the higher heavens. No heaven is a fixed condition unless the soul of the person refuses to progress.

Jesus visited the lower heavens upon His passing so that all souls could hear His message. No one is to be left out of God's Kingdom unless they so choose. Heaven is a place of progress. There is no regression. Once a condition has been compensated, the soul will move forward, never regressing and never stagnating.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
That passage talks of the boundaries that lie in heaven. Those in the lower heavens cannot cross over into the higher heavens until their soul condition permits them. They must progress. However, those in the higher heaven can go to the lower heavens so that those in the lower can learn of the higher heavens. No heaven is a fixed condition unless the soul of the person refuses to progress.

Jesus visited the lower heavens upon His passing so that all souls could hear His message. No one is to be left out of God's Kingdom unless they so choose. Heaven is a place of progress. There is no regression. Once a condition has been compensated, the soul will move forward, never regressing and never stagnating.
None of what you say is Biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality