Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2017, 01:28 PM

207 posts, read 102,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm saying your use of scripture is spot on with the teachings I remember. There are other posters here that take an almost identical approach but then have minor differences and think that is the difference between reward and punishment. How closely a group follows the Bible isn't the criteria for a it being high control. I wanted to see if you could back up what you said.

I'm not a fan of Pascal's wager. I don 't think most Christians are either as I suspect most of them believe they serve from the heart and not as a way to avoid punishment. Better in a Biblical sense to serve no God than the wrong one anyway.
PW is merely a tool to bring someone to the table. Once at the table one can expose themselves to God, his word and the holy Spirit. And ideally form a real relationship and faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,012,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If you and your teachers are right--- then you can show all a trinity in this passage -1 Corinthians 8:6--Paul explaining clearly who God is. Only the Father--Jesus taught the same-John 17:3--- but you wont believe Jesus.
Very interesting ^ above ^

Old 03-19-2017, 05:01 PM

15,905 posts, read 6,382,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
PW is merely a tool to bring someone to the table. Once at the table one can expose themselves to God, his word and the holy Spirit. And ideally form a real relationship and faith.
So God wants you to BS people?

Old 03-19-2017, 06:47 PM

1,990 posts, read 1,967,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If you and your teachers are right--- then you can show all a trinity in this passage-1Corinthians 8:6--Paul explaining clearly who God is. Only the Father--Jesus taught the same-John 17:3--- but you wont believe Jesus.

i am talking from the Bible. your teachers have proven links to the occult and luciferian secret societies.

the book of John starts saying Jesus is God

John 1:1, 14 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . [14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Old 03-19-2017, 07:06 PM

Colossians 1:19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

In context, it is the Son Who is being described (1:13); He is eternal (1:15, 17-18), the Creator (1:16), and the unifying principle of the universe (1:17; cf. Heb 1:3): all attributes true only of God. Paul makes the notion even more explicit in the next chapter:

Colossians 2:9 For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,

2 Peter 1:1 . . . our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

St. Paul uses the same phrase in Titus 2:13 as well.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.”

This is a remarkable passage, in which God the Father calls His Son “God.” It is a reference to the Old Testament passage, Psalms 45:6-7.

In Hebrews 1:6, God the Father also says that all the angels should worship God the Son. Worship can only be rightly applied to God, as we know from Exodus 34:14 and Deuteronomy 8:19. Yet Jesus accepted worship of Himself on many occasions (e.g., Mt 14:33; 28:9) and stated that He should be honored equally with the Father (Jn 5:23). In Revelation 5:8, 12-13 and Colossians 2:6-7, we find that Jesus is worshiped in every way that the Bible specifically describes worship of God the Father, with all the same words used (see: Rev 4:9-11, 5:13; 7:11-12, and Rom 11:33).

Jesus is omnipotent (possesses all power):

Philippians 3:20-21 . . . the Lord Jesus Christ, [21] who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power which enables him even to subject all things to himself.

He's omniscient (all-knowing):

Colossians 2:2-3 . . . Christ, [3] in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

He's omnipresent (present everywhere):

Ephesians 1:22-23 the church, [23] which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all. (cf. Col 3:11)

Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 AM

207 posts, read 102,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So God wants you to BS people?
Where do you get that notion.

God wants people to come to Christ. The route people take is not important.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:42 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,934,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
i am talking from the Bible. your teachers have proven links to the occult and luciferian secret societies.

the book of John starts saying Jesus is God

John 1:1, 14 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . [14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 1:1--fact--no capitol G God belongs in the last line--Ho Theos( THE GOD) is in the second line---plain Theos is in the last line= god small g. No Ho Theos WAS in the last line--it was not calling the word--THE GOD.

One in purpose is correct as Jesus went on to say--the Father is greater than I.

Thomas was confused at both ends of the spectrum.

Jesus and his real teachers all teach--Jesus has a God-his Father.

the translating error at John 1:1 and giving worship to a mortal Jesus proves their error 100%-- the 2 main backings of the trinity lie.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:44 PM

John 1:1 is not a translation error only your cult who are ignorant of the original bible languages say this. they are aso ignorant that the letter J appeared in the 16th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_tqu_Z2-0

Old 03-21-2017, 05:22 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,897,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
Where do you get that notion.

God wants people to come to Christ. The route people take is not important.
So, if they come to Christ via a complete and utter fiction that is objectively wrong in every possible way....that's 'okay'?

If they come to Christ via the teachings of (for example) the Westboro Baptist Church, that's a 'good thing'?

That makes zero logical sense. I can't fathom why God would say 'come to me through a group that promotes hatred and intolerance'.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:53 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,934,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
John 1:1 is not a translation error only your cult who are ignorant of the original bible languages say this. they are aso ignorant that the letter J appeared in the 16th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_tqu_Z2-0

As usual you don't know what you are talking about.
It is error--John 1:1 with a capitol G God in the last line. contradicts Jesus' truth
Everyone knows Their was no J in Hebrew--We don't speak Hebrew. Don't you ever use--Joshua,Jeremiah, Job, etc or your words prove you a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality