Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:25 AM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The interview doesn't seem to follow what you're saying about people coming out of NDEs knowing that no particular religion means anything. Based on that interview, Storm is peddling the "believe in Jesus or else" version of Christianity.
Anyone who believes in an "OR ELSE" version of God is misinterpreting the "shockingly loving, forgiving, understanding being" because of the indoctrination of OT Bible nonsense. The unconditional loving and accepting God I encounter has no room for "OR ELSE." That is human misunderstanding of "We will reap what we sow and do not repent of."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 08:51 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,369,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have read about 80 NDE's and many books.

Much of the time people come back having seen, thus, have a feeling
of knowing, no particular religion means much of anything!
Some go back to whatever they feel comfortable in, no reason to stop hanging
with your friends at church...others drop org religions.
Some atheists (like the famous Howard Storm) become believers having met a shockingly
loving, forgiving , understanding being they didn't realize at the time was Jesus.

One of so many interviews: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8421FC26E9A4C1
This is a good one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beh_ibUcc_g

For those who don't know, Howard Storm was a former atheist who wrote a book called My Descent into Death. He nearly died in 1985 with an ulcer that burst in his stomach and leaked into his abdomen.

If you don't believe in NDE's, I wouldn't waste my time with the interview. You'll just think he is a con artist or dreamed the whole thing.

If you do believe, here are some things he mentions. This takes place in 1985 at the height of the cold war.

Was told there would be no WW3. Told the Soviet Union would collapse without a bullet fired very soon. Storm scoffed at this one, told the angels he didn't believe them.

Also told that God would not allow a nuclear holocaust , He will not allow man to destroy the planet.

Asked which is the best religion and was expecting to hear an answer like Baptist, Catholic, etc and was told there are good people in bad religions and bad people in good religions.

Told that no other nation on Earth has ever been blessed as much as the United States and God expects the US with these riches to an exporter of peace, not arms. (This is NOT a political statement, don't make it one <-my 2cents)

The future is not written in stone, we end up creating it and If we continue on our current path , was shown what could happen to the US. We will basically self destruct over an event either energy related or ?. Men will kill each other over a quart of milk. (> my 2cents again > ironic isn't it, US has over 270 million fire arms. I guess we deserve it really) Was also told this doesn't mean it will happen, just that it could.

He was also shown 200 years in the future and man lived not in a hi-tech world but one with nature. We could manipulate the weather using our collective consciences , communicate via telepathy and people would be healed from sickness by laying on of hands. Our life spans were vastly increased.

Asked the angels about Jesus and was told there are multiple universes, all created by Him and life is prevalent throughout it. He also asked if Jesus goes to other planets and was told yes, except the vast majority of the others don't end up killing Him.

Fascinating interview if your willing accept these kind of things can happen.

Last edited by Zero 7; 12-09-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,457,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

For those who don't know, Howard Storm was a former atheist who wrote a book called My Descent into Death. He nearly died in 1985 with an ulcer that burst in his stomach and leaked into his abdomen.

If you don't believe in NDE's, I wouldn't waste my time with the interview. You'll just think he is a con artist or dreamed the whole thing.

If you do believe, here are some things he mentions. This takes place in 1985 at the height of the cold war.

Was told there would be no WW3. Told the Soviet Union would collapse without a bullet fired very soon. Storm scoffed at this one, told the angels he didn't believe them.

Also told God would not allow a nuclear holocaust , He will not allow man to destroy the planet.

Told no other nation on Earth has ever blessed as much as the United States and God expects the US with these riches to an exporter of peace, not arms. (This is NOT a political statement, don't make it one <-my 2cents)

The future is not written in stone, we end up creating it and If we continue on our current path , was shown what could happen to the US. We will basically self destruct over an event either energy related or ?. Men will kill each other over a quart of milk. (> my 2cents again > ironic isn't it, US has over 270 million fire arms. I guess we deserve it really) Was also told this doesn't mean it will happen, just that it could.

He was also shown 200 years in the future and man lived not in a hi-tech world but one with nature. We could manipulate the weather using our collective consciences , communicate via telepathy and people would be healed from sickness by laying on of hands. Our life spans were vastly increased.

Asked the angels about Jesus and was told there are multiple universes, all created by Him and life is prevalent throughout it. He also asked if Jesus goes to other planets and was told yes, except the vast majority of the others don't end up killing Him.

I am willing to accept anything if the evidence is there to support it.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,703,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Also told God would not allow a nuclear holocaust , He will not allow man to destroy the planet.

Told no other nation on Earth has ever blessed as much as the United States and God expects the US with these riches to an exporter of peace, not arms. (This is NOT a political statement, don't make it one <-my 2cents)

Sorry, but I don't put much stock into a single person's interpretation of his hallucinations.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
I am feeling so much love from my abdomen up to my throat!
Fills my whole chest....darn I have no evidence to support it.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:18 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,217,594 times
Quote:
Thats ok...not everything requires evidence to be believable.

Just don't go asking me to follow some book you wrote about that feeling as a way of living my life, avoiding eternal torment, and that your abdominal feelings must be taught in science class as the origin of the universe...and we could be the best of friends.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
You may not have the evidence to show us, right now, that you're feeling this, right now, but at least supporting evidence for emotions and their potential to have physical consequences (bad and good) to the body has certainly been studied and measured, including respiration and heat changes and the like.

So yes, the fact that you can feel love, and where the sensation lies - from your abdomen to your throat does have evidence supporting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality