Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:39 PM

457 posts, read 758,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
My question is simple.

Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?

Is that why archetypal Jesus declared, heaven only through me, and effectively killed off the O T God ?

Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?

Regards
DL
I don't judge God either. I am of the opinion that "God" isn't a tangable being. My "God" is more of an energy, positive or negative, which would be relitive only to the beholder of it. It is also my opinion that man made his "GOD" in his image and not the other way around. Why else would there be so much distruction invloved? A supreme being of emense powers wouldn't require a mere man to do his bidding nor require worship, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,109,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?

I do suspect mythology is neither good nor evil, it is just a collection of bizarre tales and flights of fantasy, not to be taken seriously.
I do not agree, all fairy tales and stories have a good and evil message.

I do not take the Bible literally either but it is said that men of intelligence can discuss things they do not believe in.

Did you not form an opinion on the Bible when you read it?

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, that's it. I see the OT and the NT as reflections - and changing reflections - of the views of the people writing those books. Their God was created, and re-created, in their own image, and it's pointless to talk about how I 'see' God. Even leaving aside the moral absolutes debate.

That said, I can see the idea of arguing problem of evil from the Bible. It can be used to argue contradiction, errancy and to push doubts anout the God - concept being so wonderful after all. That does require one to argue as though God were a reality. Just for the sake of argument.
Good view. God is always to be looked for but should never to be found.
That would be idol worship.

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes45675 View Post
I don't judge God period,end of story.
If God is rules and man is rules, do you not judge the rules you follow?
Are the rules you follow good?

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God is the same in both books. Peoples perceptions of Him changed. He has never been anything negative. People project those ideas as being from God when they are from man. God is Love and Love does not know negatives, only positives.

God has never been a murderer, rapist, sacrificer, abuser or anything of that nature. He has always been merciful, forgiving, compassionate, humble and all that is positive.

Sacrificer???

Did He not sacrifice His son?

If God is only good, then whence come evil?

Who have you placed above God in defining evil?

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
i am not worthy to judge God.
Hmm.

Do you not have a moral sense?
Do you not know good from evil?

Do ye not know that ye are Gods?

Who else other than man has ever judged?

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
According to his "inerrant" wurd, he claims that he is the creator of both good and evil.
Deu 30:15 Behold! I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil,
Deu 30:16 in that I command you today to love Jehovah your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, so that you may live and multiply. And Jehovah your God shall bless you in the land where you go to possess it.

Jer 32:42 For so says Jehovah: As I have brought all this great evil on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
There are more of course if you have the inclination to actually "know" what is written but I guess I am just taking it out of context then eh?

I guess this is why his arch nemesis ol' red guy gets a better rap than he/it does except of course in the minds of xians who like to deflect their own human failings on some other imaginary guy.
Nice.

Your, I am just taking it out of context then eh?, shows that you, like me, are accustomed to speaking, or more rightly said, are accustomed to trying to speak, to believers who follow the wrong God.

It is a shame that for evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

Keep doing something friend.

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
I don't judge God either. I am of the opinion that "God" isn't a tangable being. My "God" is more of an energy, positive or negative, which would be relitive only to the beholder of it. It is also my opinion that man made his "GOD" in his image and not the other way around. Why else would there be so much distruction invloved? A supreme being of emense powers wouldn't require a mere man to do his bidding nor require worship, IMO.
I understand your stance but if you, like me, believe it wrong to let people think wrong, it is our duty to correct.

If you doubt our duty then just Google Jesus camp or killing African witches to know from whence our duty is born.

Regards
DL

Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,254,060 times
Quote:
I understand your stance but if you, like me, believe it wrong to let people think wrong, it is our duty to correct.

If you doubt our duty then just Google Jesus camp or killing African witches to know from whence our duty is born.

Regards
DL
judge not yet ye be judged,couldnt be any simpler

i dont think God is evil-He wouldnt harm anyone that didnt deserve it but some people deserve it so He can apear to be cruel-you reap what you sow-so you get what you deserve.

i hope this Jesus camp has nothing to do with killing african witches

Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,035,740 times
Quote:
Sacrificer???

Did He not sacrifice His son?

If God is only good, then whence come evil?

Who have you placed above God in defining evil?

Regards
DL
Evil comes from man. God did not create evil. You may think that but you are wrong. Love does not create anything that is negative. If you think otherwise, you do not know the Love of God. God is merciful, kind, gentle, compassionate, forgiving, and most of all, LOVE of the absolute kind.

God did not sacrifice any of His children. The barbarians of the world 2000 years ago thought that God needed a sacrifice. How sorely wrong they were. God does not need anything. He would like to have our Love but He does not need it. If you still believe in sacrifice then you are just as barbaric.

I place none above God, not even Jesus as most of the bible christians do. How sad that God is the creator of ALL yet most worship the son. The son is only the wayshower.

It's really astounding how many people believe every word of the bible yet no two agree on everything. Seems like if it were the word of God that all would agree. Maybe the book is not what people make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality