Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,579 times

Advertisements

Do you judge God as good only or evil as well?

Scripture says that God is the epitome of all attributes.
We are not to place anyone above or below God as He is the alpha and the omega of all things. The last word, the beginning and end of all attributes and issues.
He wrote the tree of knowledge of good and evil and we are not to add to it.
It is said that the Bible can only be judged for it’s morality by itself and that we are not to add or subtract from it.
This tells me that the tree of good and evil is within it’s own pages.
If the Bible is to judge itself, it must be read the way I read it.
Seeing the O T as the evil side of God, and reading the N T as the good part of God.
The O T God is arguably immoral as He goes about taking sides and killing all opposition to the point of showing his worst with the genocide of man and animal in Noah’s day.
It can also be argued that archetypal Jesus went a bit too far the other way with loving sinners and turning the other cheek.
In my revue of the Bible, God was judged to be less moral by Eve, after she had become as a Goddess after eating/judging of the knowledge God could give her of good and evil from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
As God Himself says in Genesis, His way was good or very good.
It took Eve to make the upgrade to evolving perfection in terms of what was good for mankind and this is why she enticed Adam and ignored God‘s command.
She knew, with her perfect knowledge of morals, from a human perspective, with her God given instincts, what was better for mankind.
Blessed be Eve. The true God/Goddess of this world.
God recognized this as fact and that is why He has washed His hands of us and knows that the perfection that He created is well capable of self rule and dominion.
That is why He gave us dominion in Genesis and why He has never returned to make any adjustments to His perfect systems.
Eve showed us the path to our glorious history.
A slight digression there but to continue.

I believe that O T as the evil part of the tree of knowledge and the N T as the good part is how the Bible writers set up the Bible. This view is re-enforced by the fact that they show the O T laws being supplanted by the N T laws to help guide us to peace and prosperity.
We have just not quite yet found a live Jesus like character as described by the archetype Jesus to be our redeemer. The end time is the Bibles promise that this will eventually happen but we are not there yet.

My question is simple.

Do you see the evil of the O T God as well as the good of the N T God ?

Are they different Gods or the same God who has changed His ways to that of Jesus?

Is that why archetypal Jesus declared, heaven only through me, and effectively killed off the O T God ?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 05:54 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,867,976 times

I do suspect mythology is neither good nor evil, it is just a collection of bizarre tales and flights of fantasy, not to be taken seriously.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:34 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Well, that's it. I see the OT and the NT as reflections - and changing reflections - of the views of the people writing those books. Their God was created, and re-created, in their own image, and it's pointless to talk about how I 'see' God. Even leaving aside the moral absolutes debate.

That said, I can see the idea of arguing problem of evil from the Bible. It can be used to argue contradiction, errancy and to push doubts anout the God - concept being so wonderful after all. That does require one to argue as though God were a reality. Just for the sake of argument.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times
IF there is a God, his world reflects him and he is both good and evil.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 AM

134 posts, read 123,172 times
I don't judge God period,end of story.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times
If God commands you worship him, then why wouldn't you be sure he is worthy of that?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
How do you know that a god actually did command that you worship it?

Old 03-20-2010, 07:39 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
God is the same in both books. Peoples perceptions of Him changed. He has never been anything negative. People project those ideas as being from God when they are from man. God is Love and Love does not know negatives, only positives.

God has never been a murderer, rapist, sacrificer, abuser or anything of that nature. He has always been merciful, forgiving, compassionate, humble and all that is positive.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM

354 posts, read 749,635 times
i am not worthy to judge God.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,317 times
According to his "inerrant" wurd, he claims that he is the creator of both good and evil.
Deu 30:15 Behold! I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil,
Deu 30:16 in that I command you today to love Jehovah your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, so that you may live and multiply. And Jehovah your God shall bless you in the land where you go to possess it.

Jer 32:42 For so says Jehovah: As I have brought all this great evil on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
There are more of course if you have the inclination to actually "know" what is written but I guess I am just taking it out of context then eh?

I guess this is why his arch nemesis ol' red guy gets a better rap than he/it does except of course in the minds of xians who like to deflect their own human failings on some other imaginary guy.

Last edited by justme58; 03-20-2010 at 10:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality