Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 PM

208 posts, read 476,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Just thinking, for us "heathen" folk, our end of daze happened when we tossed xianity.

PASSOVERS!

FEAST OF THE TRUMPETS (Rosh Hashanah), YOM KIPPUR, FEAST OF THE TABERNACLE: Now we come to a set of Holidays that directly pertain to the Second Coming. They are Rosh Hashanah, or the Feast of Trumpets, 1st day of the 7th month, Yom Kippur, and the Feast of the Tabernacle. Now again, all of you Biblical scholars, the feast of the Tabernacle(s) is a misnomer. It was a portable temple. There was a feast prescribed for the tabernacle. WHY? Who lives in the temple? The Lord! So it was a celebration of having the Lord right there with you. It is important that I interject to why we as LDS do not celebrate these holidays, directly. What do we do? We indirectly celebrate them. In what manner? Every 6 months the church goes through painstaking efforts, spends lots of energy and money to do General Conference. It is a holiday. The one in April falls on PASSOVER. The one in OCTOBER falls on Feast of the Trumpets, Yom Kippur and the Feast of the Tabernacle. So in a way, the Lord is priming us for further light and knowledge. Why don't we have conference on Christmas or in the summer? Because the Lord is priming us for His holidays. Sometime before the 2nd coming, we are not only going to hold General Conference, but we, as LDS, are going to celebrate these holidays. Don't take it from me. When President Monson puts it into effect, you are going to say, You mark my word, before the 2nd coming its going to happen. We're not really going to change a whole lot. We are going to have a spiritual feast at the same time, but we are going to be instructed on these holidays, just like I am instructing you. WHY! Because they are so important! You cannot understand the 2nd coming unless you have a grasp on these.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,778,812 times
Mullelite, when 7th seal will open Sept. 22, 2011 does not happen, can we expect that you will then be willing to listen to us explaining why this is all so much hogwash and eventually come to your senses, or can we just expect you to come back a month or so later with another whacky prediction which you expect us all to accept on the basis of a collage of semi - religious cult- stuff?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Mullelite, when 7th seal will open Sept. 22, 2011 does not happen, can we expect that you will then be willing to listen to us explaining why this is all so much hogwash and eventually come to your senses, or can we just expect you to come back a month or so later with another whacky prediction which you expect us all to accept on the basis of a collage of semi - religious cult- stuff?

A belief that is not based on what is certian, but on what one thinks to be true.

BIBLE BIBIE BIBLE!!!!!!

I want to point out to you that you may not have considered. For example: Daniel 12:12 specifies to the day the 3rd and final wo. "Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days." WOW! The exact day! He has given us the day of the third and final woe. I'm priming you all of you for further light and knowledge. It is important for you to know that there is more in the scriptures then you ever realized.
LEVITICUS 23:24 IS FILLED WITH IMPLICATIONS FOR OUR DAY
"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation." STOP RIGHT THERE! WOW! That is just filled with implications, and for our day! Let me explain it to you. Let me explain on one simple verse in the Torah and get you pumped up! In the 7th month (what does it typify). The 1st day of the 7th month of the Lord's calendar is the Fall Equinox. The 1st day of the 1st month of the Lord's calendar is the Spring Equinox. New Year's day on the Lord's calendar is the Spring Equinox. PERFECT! 1st day of spring, New Year's Day! BEAUTIFUL! Why are the equinoxes so important? The Spring Equinox for the northern hemisphere is the same as the Fall Equinox for the southern hemisphere. Why is that important? How many have heard the scripture, "The first shall be last and the last shall be first?" It has multiple applications, including the equinoxes. Okay, just file that away for a moment. What does the 7th month represent. Number one is a sabbatical month, but it also typifies the 7th thousand year - a sabbatical millennium, or the millennium. The earth is to obtain its paradisiacal glory and find rest. For a thousand years we will dwell in righteousness. Sitting right there in the Torah is a prediction for the last days. But we don't understand it because we don't understand the Lord's holidays. Okay! The 7th month represents the 7th thousand years. The Lord always works in nested cycles. Anytime you hear a 7th day or 7th month you have to think in terms of week or year, or millennium, or century, or decade. But the plot thickens, and we are not even through the whole verse! "Ye shall have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing trumpets." A blowing of trumpets? That rings a bell. What do we have on the tops of our (Moroni) temples? An angel blowing a trumpet. What else comes to mind? What does it say in Revelations after the 7th seal is opened? 7 Angels will blow 7 trumpets in succession. So the plot thickens. The 7th month refers to the 7th thousand years. And to hammer the point home he says there will be a memorial of trumpet blowing as soon as the 7th seal is opens. BOY! If that's true let's follow it through. By the way the first day of the 7th month is called Rosh Hashana, New Year's Day. Wait a minute, why would the Jews call the first day of the 7th month New Year's Day? The first day of the first month is New Year's Day. If you ask any Rabbi this they go, "I don't know. It was a new beginning for the Jews on Mt. Sinai so they call it Rosh Hashana." The reason why it is called Rosh Hashana, is because the Lord is trying to tell us something. He is trying to tell us that the first day of the 7th month is going to be New Year's day at the start of the millennium. "The first shall be last and the last shall be first." WOW! The plot thickens! And then on the 10th day of the 7th month is Yom Kippur. And the holidays don't stop. The Feast of the Tabernacle is the 15th day through the 21st day, and then what happens? According to the book of Leviticus, on the 22nd day is a Solemn Assembly. What did I tell you needs to be present with a Solemn Assembly? A member of the Godhead. It is so important for you to remember that when you are interpreting this scripture. NOW! If the 7th month represents the 7th thousand years, then what does days 1-22 represent? The first 22 years of the millennium. Holy Cow! You mean that for centuries the Lord gave us the prescription for the Second Coming and we didn't even know it?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Damn, I guess I'll have to get me a big old box of popcorn and a large soda and sit back here in the mountains and watch this spectacular light show that's going to be happening in the skies, sure wouldn't want to miss that........Hay I wonder if it's going to be in 3-D and HD, might have to get me a pair of those 3-D glasses....

Stay home and enjoy the fireworks

http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0927/

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100106.html

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090805.html

http://www.solstation.com/x-objects/betelgeuse.htm

http://stars.astro.illinois.edu/sow/betelgeuse.html

Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,634,823 times
After a while, you'd think that people would learn not to declare specific dates, since it leaves them open to ridicule if they are wrong. But, as P.T. Barnum so wisely observed, there's one born every minute.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,637,176 times
That's such a long time to wait, about a year and a half. Of course once that date fizzles out we have the 2012 doomsday to look forward to.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,842,544 times
I'm still wondering about the mountains and the spiral of time without space. Of course God has other plans or denials for these hopes and aspirations.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:39 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,289,167 times
Fifty percent of off topic/sarcastic posts in a thread = THREAD CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality