Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM

954 posts, read 813,974 times

Advertisements

"Romani ite domum" Laughing my socks off!!

http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&ct=res...hnw8QgwuGoTeKg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,820,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post

Ok I just ordered all the DVD's...I couldn't help it!...I need to go and get my car inspected now...but I can't wait to get them!....Thanks for the much needed laughter break!...LOL

Old 06-08-2007, 11:55 AM

22,931 posts, read 28,306,592 times
Quote:

I took 4 years of Latin in college. That is my favorite scene in the entire movie. I actually had conversations like that with my professor.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Weather, I never liked the series as much either...it was waaaaaaaay out there...though there are some skits that were so hysterical I fell off my couch. I think you'll like the movies, though, if you ever get a chance to see them. Oh man, your sides will seriously hurt.

JustPassinThru, regarding the bus...I didn't really get it but what I did think was kind of the opposite! I thought they were all asking themselves, "What did we really do here? Was it worth it?" I thought that was the big question. I thought it was a matter of, as Judas said in the opening sequence, and as Jesus echoed in Gethsemane, "We started out all on fire but somebody DIED here." I don't know if that makes sense.

I thought the ending was sad. But it accomplished what I think it wanted to: It raised more questions. It left open, Was this a man or a god?

Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM

OK, so...going from hilarity to depressing thoughts (I'm good at that!)--what do you all think of Judas then? Did Judas go to hell? I mean if it hadn't been for Judas Jesus wouldn't have died, right--and then nobody would be saved...??

The thing that made me think of this was re-watching the JCSS scenes with Judas and his confusion. (He says: "God, God I'll never know...why You chose me for Your crime." Heavy.)

Old 06-08-2007, 12:25 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,749,046 times
My boss just peeped in on me to see what I was laffing so hard about...lol--laffing does not apply to the Judas question.....

Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM

22,931 posts, read 28,306,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Weather, I never liked the series as much either...it was waaaaaaaay out there...though there are some skits that were so hysterical I fell off my couch.
Since this is the religion forum:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To

Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Since this is the religion forum:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQI0Xm29To
Ah hah hah hah, I thought of posting that one...

Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 PM

954 posts, read 813,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OK, so...going from hilarity to depressing thoughts (I'm good at that!)--what do you all think of Judas then? Did Judas go to hell? I mean if it hadn't been for Judas Jesus wouldn't have died, right--and then nobody would be saved...??

The thing that made me think of this was re-watching the JCSS scenes with Judas and his confusion. (He says: "God, God I'll never know...why You chose me for Your crime." Heavy.)
OK! I'm having to 'pretend' it all happened here ...for the sake of the discussion. I don't think that Judas can be blamed. After all, for the omniscient god it would have all been part of the plan and Judas was only doing what god wanted him to do. As the words of the song say:

"Christ, I know you can't hear me but I only did what you wanted me to,
Christ, I'd sell out the nation for I have been saddled with the murder of you."

and later....

"God! I'll never, ever know.....why you chose me for your crime........your foul, bloody crime!"

The "lost" gospel of Judas apparently shows Judas in a very different light. It portrays Judas as the confidant of JC, in whom JC confided the whole 'plan' of the betrayal.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
OK! I'm having to 'pretend' it all happened here ...for the sake of the discussion. I don't think that Judas can be blamed. After all, for the omniscient god it would have all been part of the plan and Judas was only doing what god wanted him to do. As the words of the song say:

"Christ, I know you can't hear me but I only did what you wanted me to,
Christ, I'd sell out the nation for I have been saddled with the murder of you."

and later....

"God! I'll never, ever know.....why you chose me for your crime........your foul, bloody crime!"
I know...see, those scenes make me weep like a little girley-girl...I posted this question elsewhere as well...I feel bad throwing water on a once-funny thread, LOL...carry on, peeps...

Thanks Plad. Those are the very lines that get me right "there" in that song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality