Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:41 PM

740 posts, read 2,017,773 times

Advertisements

[quote=pladecalvo;862276]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Ok... I see that you are all smiles... kind of a mischievous smile though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 02:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,579,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
......but I do have someone who loves me when I fall, holds me when I hurt and helps me when I'm sick. That person is me! Seriously, I understand what you're saying. I've not had a family since I left home in 1968 and I suppose I've lived a pretty solitary existence since then but it's not something that worries me...or ever has done. Yes, it is hard being lonely and as someone who has spend 43 years living in a different hotel room every night, I can tell you that there were times when I felt like bursting into tears because there was no one to talk to or share things with but I've always had the strength within me to carry on without resorting to having conversations with 'gods'. The fact that you have a "family" at your church is good for you but I've learned to be independant and I think it has made me a stronger person. Besides, think of the benefits of having no family...........you don't have to buy any Christmas pesents for anyone!!
Plad, besides us for family and friends, you may find it comforting to have yourself an imaginary friend to tell your troubles toBy the way, I rep you a lot, because you are sooo cute

Old 06-10-2007, 02:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,127,661 times
Let us all make plad feel that he's part of a family. I'll start off. I'll be the aunt with too much lipstick over her lip. "Plad, kiss your Aunt JerZ. I said KISS YOUR AUNT JERZ. NOW. Or no dessert tonight." (nervous chuckle) "I'm sure he's just shy."

OOOH, OOOH, or can I be Great Grampa? Great Grampa is one hundred and eleven years old and likes to randomly interject stories about his youth.

"So what do you think of 2008? I'm thinking Hilary."

Great Grampa interjects: "Well, you know, I remember when this whole town only had three families and the rich family owned a cow and got to have milk every day."

"Hilary, ARE YOU NUTS? Don't get me started..."

Great Grampa interjects: "Do you think it will rain?"

"No, I'm not nuts...think about it...isn't it time we had a female president?"

Great Grampa interjects: "Yesssssssss, yes...I do recall...we used to walk to school even when it rained. Or snowed. And once during a tsunami. We didn't take lunch with us to school. Our family couldn't afford lunch. Or lunch bags. So we used to kill possums with our bare hands to take for lunch. Of course, we were grateful."

(conversation finally stops around Grampa for a minute) "Oh...yes, Great Grampa...that's nice...would you like some more soft meat?"

Who's next?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:50 PM

954 posts, read 816,315 times
[quote=blue62;862301]
Quote:
Plad, besides us for family and friends, you may find it comforting to have yourself an imaginary friend to tell your troubles to
.......but I've got Boris the spider to confide in now!

Quote:
By the way, I rep you a lot, because you are sooo cute
Wanna go half shares in a baby?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,579,505 times
I am the oldest so can I be gramma? I will spoil him, and always have a place for him to stay. I will give him good advice, like I gave Montana ..OH OH had to edit this, if he wants a baby, I will help him fnd a wife..I just love to make lonely people happy..I thought you were already married!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-10-2007 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: content

Old 06-10-2007, 03:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,785,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
........no religious people to argue with because they are all in church. Oh well! At least I've got the Spanish Motorcyle GP to watch to keep me entertained. Roll on Monday!! First race just starting so I'm outta here!
Sorry, I have not been here lately to debate with you Plad...BTW my Sabbath is Saturday...
MBG

Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I am the oldest so can I be gramma? I will spoil him, and always have a place for him to stay. I will give him good advice, like I gave Montana ..OH OH had to edit this, if he wants a baby, I will help him fnd a wife..I just love to make lonely people happy..I thought you were already married!!
I think this is the sweetest thing I have ever read.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:15 PM

[quote=blue62;862365].
Quote:
I thought you were already married!!
Never been married.......but I have a.......what shall I call her?? Girlfriend (sounds a bit juvenile)...Partner (a bit too business like) <<scratching head>>.......I live with a woman. Yes, that will do! She's a lawyer, so as you can imagine, I don't have much room for manoeuvre here. She keeps saying things like:

"I put it to you that you did not like what I cooked for dinner...how say you?"

Old 06-10-2007, 03:20 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,916,872 times
Back to the original topic title...

I love Sundays! Not only do we go to church, in the Summer it's always the final round of whatever PGA championship is going on. (or I go out golfing with one of my daughters and/or wife)

Old 06-10-2007, 03:22 PM

[quote=blue62;862365]
Quote:
if he wants a baby, I will help him fnd a wife..
No! No! You don't understand! I don't WANT a baby. I just thought it might be fun trying. I can't have a baby anyway because I had a vasectomy when I was 27 years old (but I was going to keep that quiet).

This thread is sinking lower and lower!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality