Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,401,602 times

Advertisements

I get what you're saying... gluttony and all that. It does seem a bit 2 faced for gluttons to point fingers at others, though it is hardly surprising. I find that those who loudly accuse others are the ones with something to hide (analogous to 'those who smelt it dealt it').
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 PM

360 posts, read 445,814 times
You do realize this is a known problem and just about everyone can be accused of it? And why? Because frankly, it's easy to see faults in others! And when you are noticing all those faults they have and how imperfect they are, you fail to connect the dots to yourself; that is, you can't see your own problems as easily. Very common. I am a victim of it myself.

Of course, that's not my fault. Obviously you are to blame for making me accuse others so easily.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,827,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
I get what you're saying... gluttony and all that. It does seem a bit 2 faced for gluttons to point fingers at others, though it is hardly surprising. I find that those who loudly accuse others are the ones with something to hide (analogous to 'those who smelt it dealt it').
Thank you, Eresh. At least there are some who see my point.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,374,986 times
As an Atheist I would love to be able to blame obesity on religion, but in reality its cause covers a much wider spectrum than any philosophical view. We eat foods processed beyond healthy limits, avoid anything which makes us sweat, and wonder why future generations are projected to have shorter life spans than their parents.
I wonder how many of us actually get 30 minuets of exercise a day. That is the minimum we need to stay healthy, and I know few people who meet that minimum.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:44 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,164,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Even when I attend mass, I take a visual survey of the whole hall and it's pork everywhere, LMAO. The cantors have a cuuuuuute voice but the men mostly wear coats and suits which can fit 3 Tony's at the same time. Or the choir ladies who are as wide as the organs and make a considerable effort to get up and sit down.
You Catholics don't even have an excuse. Now take us Mormons... We're forbidden to drink, so the only vice we can turn to is overeating.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,946,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Soooo....You are not the guy known as "Fat Tony"? http://midnight-modified.com/MMCMSFORUM/images/eventlist/venues/tony2_1259748240.jpg (broken link)

Obesity seems to be a much bigger problem in the cities than in rural areas here in Canada....Too many fast fast food places maybe? I don't think it's just a Christian thing though. In Canada I blame Tim Horton's donut shops...The bloody things are on every second block and I think the put something in their coffee to make it addictive.
I think it's likely down to the nature of work in rural vs. urban areas. You can take in 3,000 calories if your working hard all day long. Not many cubicle jockeys out in the sticks.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,695,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Do you put the OP in that group?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,649,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No, I did the mistake of talking to a very huge christian man. Before he grabbed me to crush me, I escaped through the window.

Then I went to a catholic girl in good shape and popped in the same question and she just chuckled and got the point

So, when these folks think adultery and infidelity is that much of a sin, even pre-marital sex, how are they allowed to pork out themselves??
Because the "Holy Mother Church" is the epitome of hypocrisy.

"you can't have sex before marriage, but our unmarried priests can molest children."

"you can't make graven images, yet we can have all the works of the old masters we want."

"you can't do xxx, but we can...."

And on and on and on. Catholicism is nothing more than a business now.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM

425 posts, read 368,469 times
I'm overweight , but not obese. I recommended protein over carbs and to avoid processed foods. Use olive oil as much as possible and eat dark chocolate with a glass of non fat or 1% fat milk for that special fix.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,827,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Because the "Holy Mother Church" is the epitome of hypocrisy.

"you can't have sex before marriage, but our unmarried priests can molest children."

"you can't make graven images, yet we can have all the works of the old masters we want."

"you can't do xxx, but we can...."

And on and on and on. Catholicism is nothing more than a business now.
It's got nothing to do with Catholicism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality